Babe18

need help about I-134 / affidavit of support

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already want to prepare other documents that we will be needing for our K1 visa application. I just have a question regarding the I-134 form particularly the question asking for "previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s) - asking for name&date submitted

I have a sister and her daughter who were petioned by my mother but I am the one who submitted my affidavit of support for them together with a co-sponsor (my elder sister). It has been almost 3 years from now since I filed for that. My sister has her own work already, have her own car, living with my other older brother, and pays her taxes on her own. In short, she is not actually depending on me anymore.

Now that I am filing for K1 visa for my soon wife-to-be, I need to file affidavit of support for her...

Should I still write my sister and her daughter on the section where it is asking for "previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s) - asking for name&date submitted? Even if my sister is not actually depending on me anymore? If yes, will my sister and her daughter still be included as a part of my household / dependents?

What I am actually thinking is if ever they will still be included, my annual income is expected to be higher as compared if they will not already be counted as my dependents. But i am also thinking if I will not write them on that section, I might be questioned if ever they'll find it out.

Need answers smile.png Thanks in advance!

Edited by Babe18

MY VISA JOURNEY: 08/26/2013 - I-129F Packet Sent cool.png08/28/2013 - I-129F Packet Delivered to USCIS Texas Lockbox Facility09/04/2013 - Text & e-mail notification of application receipt (For Initial Review)dancin5hr.gif09/05/2013 - Alien Registration Number changed relating to I-129F09/09/2013 - NOA1 hardcopy received10/21/2013 - USCIS website status update - approval notice sent (NOA2)10/24/2013 - NOA2 harcopy received11/19/2013 - NVC receivedgood.gif11/20/2013 - NVC left in transit to USEMdancin5hr.gif11/29/2013 - Medical exam passedI2/11/2013 - INTERVIEW PASSED good.gif12/12/2013 - visa status on CEAC website - READY (case open)12/13/2013 -visa status on CEAC website - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING12/16/2013 - visa status on CEAC website - ISSUEDdancin5hr.gif VISA ON HAND!!!! <p>

AOS, EAD & AP filed 03/02/14
Biometrics appointment 04/04/14

EAD & AP approved 05/15/14

EAD&AP combo card received 05/23/14

AOS interview sched 07/29/14

U should mention about ur sister n her daughter inspite of they are not dependant on you any more, they are asking in i134 for previous submitted affidavit they don't ask for either they r dependant on u or not, so u should mention with all detail n its not goona to affect anything....BEST OF LUCK.

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Is your sister or her daughter US citizens? Have they worked in the US for 10 years? Have they abandoned their green card or died? If the answer to all of these is no then you are still liable for them under the I-864. They will be included as part of your household for determing the number of persons you are supporting. It doesn't matter if they are personally dependent on you, you are still obligated under the I-864

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

you will be responsible for the affidavit of support conditions until she has worked 10 years, or 40 quarters. Just because she is working and pays taxes does not get you out of the i-864 contract

U should mention about ur sister n her daughter inspite of they are not dependant on you any more, they are asking in i134 for previous submitted affidavit they don't ask for either they r dependant on u or not, so u should mention with all detail n its not goona to affect anything....BEST OF LUCK.

wrong, she still has to include her sister as a dependent until her sister has worked 10 years or 40 quarters

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok thanks for the inputs.. will really have to include them.. thanks

MY VISA JOURNEY: 08/26/2013 - I-129F Packet Sent cool.png08/28/2013 - I-129F Packet Delivered to USCIS Texas Lockbox Facility09/04/2013 - Text & e-mail notification of application receipt (For Initial Review)dancin5hr.gif09/05/2013 - Alien Registration Number changed relating to I-129F09/09/2013 - NOA1 hardcopy received10/21/2013 - USCIS website status update - approval notice sent (NOA2)10/24/2013 - NOA2 harcopy received11/19/2013 - NVC receivedgood.gif11/20/2013 - NVC left in transit to USEMdancin5hr.gif11/29/2013 - Medical exam passedI2/11/2013 - INTERVIEW PASSED good.gif12/12/2013 - visa status on CEAC website - READY (case open)12/13/2013 -visa status on CEAC website - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING12/16/2013 - visa status on CEAC website - ISSUEDdancin5hr.gif VISA ON HAND!!!! <p>

AOS, EAD & AP filed 03/02/14
Biometrics appointment 04/04/14

EAD & AP approved 05/15/14

EAD&AP combo card received 05/23/14

AOS interview sched 07/29/14

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already want to prepare other documents that we will be needing for our K1 visa application. I just have a question regarding the I-134 form particularly the question asking for "previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s) - asking for name&date submitted

I have a sister and her daughter who were petioned by my mother but I am the one who submitted my affidavit of support for them together with a co-sponsor (my elder sister). It has been almost 3 years from now since I filed for that. My sister has her own work already, have her own car, living with my other older brother, and pays her taxes on her own. In short, she is not actually depending on me anymore.

Now that I am filing for K1 visa for my soon wife-to-be, I need to file affidavit of support for her...

Should I still write my sister and her daughter on the section where it is asking for "previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s) - asking for name&date submitted? Even if my sister is not actually depending on me anymore? If yes, will my sister and her daughter still be included as a part of my household / dependents?

What I am actually thinking is if ever they will still be included, my annual income is expected to be higher as compared if they will not already be counted as my dependents. But i am also thinking if I will not write them on that section, I might be questioned if ever they'll find it out.

Need answers smile.png Thanks in advance!

You list all that you have sponsored before, even if any of those people are USC now. Current dependents will be any you have sponsored and have not obtained USC (or enough work hours) plus you and your fiancée (+kids)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.