AllUneedisLove

Status after interview went from AP to READY?

101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Did you ask why it says ready instead of Ap? Lol

Yea they always says its a glitch or its not right. on there screen they say my case is in AP.

Filed: Timeline

This basic issue is happening to us as well. My lady had her interview on Aug 12. checking the CEAC website on the 15 said "READY". On the 16 went to AP. My lady was told she was approved at the interview and they took her passport. She wasn't issued a 221G. On Aug 22 the status went from AP back to "READY". On Aug 27 the status was updated again but still said "READY" What is going on?! Can we please be done already!!!

If anyone has any insight I would really like to know. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, you guys my husband just had his interview on the 22nd of this month, so like last Thursday

and he got a green slip that said AP (Administrative Processing)

so I've been checking the status on this website http://ceac.state.gov

and its been saying AP and then a paragraph about what AP is and how long it will take.

However, when I checked the status today it changed to this just recently:

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready

Immigrant Visa Case Number: ISL------------- 01 ISL

Case Creation Date: 21-Mar-2013

Status Updated Date: 26-Aug-2013

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please tell me what this means? It changed from AP to this READY message. He already had his interview so why is it saying he needs to take it again? I'm confused.

I thought I would ask here since you guys are always so super helpful

Please reply back soon. Thank you so much!

Yeah. It's happen some times but don't worried inshallah you will get your visa very soon ... they just need to put Issuse Soon on Status DOS Always said case is Pending. later they issuse the visa so praying for all of them and for me please Inshallah we will get our visa very soon i have been long time on Ap ... Since 19 Dec 2011 :( Not happy at all but keep waiting and praying for everyone thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, you guys my husband just had his interview on the 22nd of this month, so like last Thursday

and its been saying AP and then a paragraph about what AP is and how long it will take.

U.S. Department of State

Ready

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

Can someone please tell me what this means? It changed from AP to this READY message. He already had his interview so why is it saying he needs to take it again? I'm confused.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Lol I call them almost everyday. Most of the times they Don't tell me anything except for her case is in AP and when its done they will contact her and there is no time limit.

And I asked one time why isn't there a time limit and the DOS guy said that if they did put a time limit on it and they weren't finished with the case within that time limit then they would have to deny the visa.

So that's why for "our" own benefit there is no time limit.

Idk inshAllah we get our visas.

Please fill out your timeline

And post your interview date and case type and if they kept the passport or not.

so we can try to help you out.

interview on the 12th for spouse visa ...and they kept her passport and returned all original documents ... since them its been under AP and no change

My fiancé interviewed on August 13 and the system shows "Ready" for interview. I just called DOS at 1-202-663-1225 to try and get more information. They stated the visa shows administrative processing and sometimes the website isn't accurate. We just need to wait a little longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I had the same after interview. I got AP for two weeks, then READY ( for appointment )

then the next day I got READY ( Case open, wait for two business days ) then the next day I got AP ( this differs from the first AP - this one means you will get ISSUED status soon ) , then the next day I got ISSUED.

I have the READY sing on my fiancee status for 22 days,and it hasn't change to ISSUED,so tha does not mean they will issued in 2 weeks

***moved to Waivers and AP forum from K3 progress reports - OP is not a K3 visa chaser and topic is discussing beneficiary in AP and updates on CEAC regarding AP***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I have the READY sing on my fiancee status for 22 days,and it hasn't change to ISSUED,so tha does not mean they will issued in 2 weeks

Maybe or maybe not. My wife had her interview on july 12th 2013 and it still says ready it never ever changed.

its been about 47 days!!!!

Still waiting and our status updates only when we inquire about our case.

Timeline

U.S. Department of State

Ready

Anything new happen?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.