178 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fraud prevention unit ....

How did you find out. and how they tell you and is that suppose to mean it will take longer for you, I know of someone who waited I think at keast 5 months before they can adopt a child and the investogators even came to the childs residence to make sure.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

The last 2 email came from fpu department ,did not know what fpu means until last night see some vj members talking about it , they got my stepson in AP 2 months ago ,I don't know if fpu department took his case because my stepson got 2 turism visa refused before....so sad about this case my wife and my stepson has 5 years without seem each other

Timeline

The last 2 email came from fpu department ,did not know what fpu means until last night see some vj members talking about it , they got my stepson in AP 2 months ago ,I don't know if fpu department took his case because my stepson got 2 turism visa refused before....so sad about this case my wife and my stepson has 5 years without seem each other

Man that's crazy. InshAllah they will reunite soon

Filed: Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Did they keep his passport?

Oh okay. well hopefully that does not change anything they kept my wife's passport though. I have no idea if that's makes a difference but I just want to know from everybody if they kept it or not.

They kept her passport?

they keep the passport?

They keep the passport?

No, my passport is with me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Interview date : May 29, 2013
Ceac status: Administrative Processing
Last update : July 8th

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Timeline

No, my passport is with me

hmm okay. I have heard that it doesn't matter if they keep it or not. when there done they should ask for it. we'll hope for the best!

Interview date : May 29, 2013

Ceac status: Administrative Processing

Last update : July 8th

They keep the passport?

Interview date : july 24

Ceac status: administrative processing

Last update : August 2

They keep the passport?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Embassy have my stepson passport....but i was trying to find it online and web show me that is no information for the passport number i wrote ????? Sombody knows why if is in the embassy it should show me right

Timeline

Embassy have my stepson passport....but i was trying to find it online and web show me that is no information for the passport number i wrote ????? Sombody knows why if is in the embassy it should show me right

Because your prolly typing it in for the courier website and that's only when it is issued and is being deliverd , that's the only time somthin will come up. but if its still in process nothing will come up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband had his interview on May 29, 2012, he was told everything looked good but to come back to the consulate the next day with a photocopy of my father's passport (yes, my father) and no explanation was given. So he did return the following day with the requested photocopy and he was told to wait a few minutes for his passport to be stamped. After 2 hours he was told he would be contacted in a few weeks because a few extra checks needed to be done but everything was fine. and they sent him home, with his passport (no visa) and his returned birth certificate and his medical packet.

I received 2 or 3 emails from the consulate in the immediate month after the interview but then nothing. We were continuously told we will be contacted when AP is finished. I am working with 2 congressman's office simultaneously and nothing is done.

We have been in AP for 15 months now.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

My husband had his interview on May 29, 2012, he was told everything looked good but to come back to the consulate the next day with a photocopy of my father's passport (yes, my father) and no explanation was given. So he did return the following day with the requested photocopy and he was told to wait a few minutes for his passport to be stamped. After 2 hours he was told he would be contacted in a few weeks because a few extra checks needed to be done but everything was fine. and they sent him home, with his passport (no visa) and his returned birth certificate and his medical packet.

I received 2 or 3 emails from the consulate in the immediate month after the interview but then nothing. We were continuously told we will be contacted when AP is finished. I am working with 2 congressman's office simultaneously and nothing is done.

We have been in AP for 15 months now.

You received 2 or 3 emails for what??

We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
CHE GUEVARA

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I contact the Kingston embassy regarding the status of my daughter's case and receive this response Dear Sir/madam,

This case is currently undergoing administrative processing.

Regards

Visa Unit

US Embassy

I contact DOS this morning and was told i wil be hearing from the embassy very soon she said she did not have the rxact date but it is soon,should i br happy ?interview was on July 30,2013 additional documents submitted and update 8/7

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi ...

I have been googling about AP for weeks now and just decided to join the forum... My husband has sponsored me since March of 2012 n finally we received our interview for july 24... we planned having a second child thinking I would already receive my visa but it hasn't been the case...

the officer told me everything seems fine with my application but the computer says I m in AP and theres nothing he can do... I cried bc I knew this meant more time away from my husband and that of course means my children have to be divided between new York and Canada which is so not fair to them...

he told me 2 weeks to 2 months but its been 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything... I am so sad and worried that this can take longer ... its stressing me out beyond words and making it so hard for me to function... having to raise a toddler and a newborn by myself isn't helping with my stress level either :-( although they make me sooooooo happy

after reading several forums I've observed that everyone thinks its bc of place of birth but I was born in Guyana and come from a mixed background so I cant c y I m selected... then I realized I went to Bangladesh bc my ex-husband was from there ... myb that has something to do with it

regardless this isn't a fair process ... it keeps us back from living our lives, it keeps our children back from having both their parents, it takes a toll on peoples happiness and can be sooo frustrating... I pray that this will be over soon... its not easy to be separated from my 2 year old son who calls for his mom everyday but has to be with his dad bc I just gave birth ... this is so hard...

I hope everyones case gets resolved soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.