MGAF

K-1 visa rejected.. feeling awful :-(

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance had his interview today. And he was given below letter. We both feel awful. After waiting for 13 months and putting so much time and effort into this process, we got this letter. Does anyone know what we need to do next?

Based on the interviews and documents submitted at U.S. Consulate General Mumbai, we have returned your petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. If a consular officer receives information during the interview process that was not available to the adjudicating immigration officer at the time of petition approval and that shows the beneficiary of a petition is not entitled to the accorded status, then the petition must be returned to USCIS for re-examination.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry to hear that OP. Were there any red flags in your case (age difference, religious difference, recent divorce, family does not approve etc)? Did they concentrate on any particular aspect of your relationship at the interview? You can fight the denial, or you can withdraw the app and try again (possibly getting married first and do a spousal visa), but it depends on why you were actually denied.,

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Tnat would depend on why they issued the letter.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear that... that hurts i know.... but why do you think you were rejected?

Our K-1 VISA Process & NCLEX-RN Exam Status

• 04/24/2013 - I-129F Sent
  • 04/29/2013 - NOA1 Touched
  • 05/02/2013 - Left to visit my baby for the 3rd time!
  • 05/03/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 06/04/2013 - Flight back to the U.S.
  • 07/29/2013 - NOA2 (approval text) received (only 87 days since NOA1 Notice Date)
  • 08/02/2013 - NOA2 Hardcopy received
  • 08/14/2013 - Mailed all necessary post-NOA2 docs to sweetheart in preparation for her medical/interview!
  • 08/19/2013 - Manila Case # given by NVC (exactly 3 wks since NOA2)
  • 08/26/2013 - Manila Case # Hardcopy received, perfect timing for...
  • 08/26/2013 - Our 1-year ANNIVERSARY! dancin5hr.gif
  • 08/28/2013 - Post-NOA2 docs received (only 13 days!)
  • 09/02/2013 - Filed college credentials for CGFNS
  • 09/03/2013 - Paid $240 visa fee at BPI
  • 09/03/2013 - Mailed fingerprints to MorphoTrust
  • 09/04/2013 - Interview calendar (finally) viewable
  • 09/11/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ UPH
  • 09/12/2013 - Mailed off UPH credentials to CGFNS
  • 09/16/2013 - Medical Examination
  • 09/17/2013 - Immunizations
  • 09/18/2013 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!! (< 5 months for everything!!)dancin5hr.gif
  • 09/19/2013 - Case Status: Ready
  • 09/23/2013 - Case Status: Administrative Processing
  • 09/24/2013 - Case Status: Issued!
  • 09/25/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ MCNP - pick up and send to CGFNS
blk-event.png

Sorry to hear that OP. Were there any red flags in your case (age difference, religious difference, recent divorce, family does not approve etc)? Did they concentrate on any particular aspect of your relationship at the interview? You can fight the denial, or you can withdraw the app and try again (possibly getting married first and do a spousal visa), but it depends on why you were actually denied.,

i dont understand one thing really, does religion really matters?, every religion has its own respect then why do they consider all that? but what i think is that if USCIS approve petition within 3 months or so, then CO open wide eyes n returns petition for more process to back USCIS, this is what i have seen so far here......may be my observation is wrong but thats what i feel.....

Edited by Mufmer

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

i dont understand one thing really, does religion really matters?,

It depends on the religions involved and the country but yes, it matters, because cross-religious marriages are veyr unusual in some countries, which will cause suspicion that you are only getting married for immigration reasons.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If it goes against the norms of the country or culture, then yes, inter-religion marriages can matter.

Can you tell us more about your case? How old are each of you? Were there any previous marriages? Age differences?

I am sorry for your denial

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

maybe you gave too much information than the CO asked and somehow something came up that doesnt reflect in the papers that your fiance submitted when petitioning for you?

sorry,hope you guys work something out,that doesnt mark the end of you guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Sorry to hear that but I was also denied . They want email from 2009 which don't have . My problem I meet my man when I was vacation in Uganda 2009. When we meet it was just friend so we talk now and then as friends. We were. Both in a relationship and had no intention to be no more that friends. When my marriage was over I call him and talk about it . I cry and he told everything is going to ok . Then over the month we talk and was happy to talk to a kind person. My ten years marriage was over because I could no longer take my husband abuse. So you could think how happy was to find someone who was kind and loving to me. I final when to Uganda to get engaged and start this journey. It took me 10 tento reached here only to be deny . I have being crying I am so confused. Please help me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

MGAF - no one can advise you unless you give more details about your case. Until you do it's just pure speculation.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Sorry to hear that but I was also denied . They want email from 2009 which don't have . My problem I meet my man when I was vacation in Uganda 2009. When we meet it was just friend so we talk now and then as friends. We were. Both in a relationship and had no intention to be no more that friends. When my marriage was over I call him and talk about it . I cry and he told everything is going to ok . Then over the month we talk and was happy to talk to a kind person. My ten years marriage was over because I could no longer take my husband abuse. So you could think how happy was to find someone who was kind and loving to me. I final when to Uganda to get engaged and start this journey. It took me 10 tento reached here only to be deny . I have being crying I am so confused. Please help me

I am so very sorry to hear this. So you are saying that the two of you have not met in person since 2009? That is the problem if that is the situation. You must have met in person within the previous two years....I am almost certain this is correct.

Good luck and GOD Bless

Aloha Ke Akua

My fiance had his interview today. And he was given below letter. We both feel awful. After waiting for 13 months and putting so much time and effort into this process, we got this letter. Does anyone know what we need to do next?

Based on the interviews and documents submitted at U.S. Consulate General Mumbai, we have returned your petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. If a consular officer receives information during the interview process that was not available to the adjudicating immigration officer at the time of petition approval and that shows the beneficiary of a petition is not entitled to the accorded status, then the petition must be returned to USCIS for re-examination.

So sorry to hear. I will be praying for you both.

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Please share more details. The following are required evidence that you have to clearly show. If you are lacking this information you can go ahead and appeal and reschedule an interview once you have gathered this evidence.

1. Proof that you met in person

2. Proof of ongoing relationship and relationship history

3. Affidavit of Support with sufficient income (120% of poverty)

4. If there is any complications such as previous marriages, break in relationship, previous applications for K-1 or similar then clear documentary evidence of the history of the issue.

Best of luck and may God be with you.

Thanks,

Amit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I found this post. I think it will be helpful for you. This article focuses on the return of approved family-based IV petitions by consulates and how to represent clients in DHS revocation proceedings.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Denials Of Family-Based Immigrant Visas At Consulates And DHS Petition Revocations by Marc Ellis

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.