JAYANN & JAY

LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanted to know how some of you handled the long distance relationship and not being able to see your love one for a long period of time. What were some of the challenges you had to go through?

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

The short answer: Skype and Yahoo. We wouldn't have survived without those lol. We figured early on that quality time is the thing we both need the most in a relationship, and so have agreed to see each other daily on Skype cam and Yahoo Messenger (we use the cam for full screen viewing and Yahoo in a separate window for the text). And depending on how much time we have that day, due to our work schedules and time difference, this time will last from 1 hour to several hours, averaging about 2-3 every day, which is key. Thankfully, physical intimacy, while important to us as well, isn't as important as just quality time in general. For others it is different and probably is the main reason why many simply cannot handle a long distance relationship.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Skype has become our lifeline with our relationship. I have been able to visit 3 times in the last 2 years. It is the time in between that has been hard. We have the same time every night to talk online with skype. We also snail mail each other letters. Its not the same as being face to face, but, I enjoy seeing that smile every night on my computer! Now if they can make an app that makes my computer hug me back?! The biggest challenges we have faced is when something special or something bad happens and we can't be there in person for the other person, and the days where the missing each other is so bad we are overwhelmed with the distance. But, I stay strong, and remind myself everyday... each day is a day closer to forever with him...and he is worth it!! he is my heart! smile.png I see your interview is soon... praying for good news so you will be together very soon!!!

Edited by HettyandSaid
Story of Us: NVC:
November 5, 2011 we met online March 5, 2014 Nvc received case
November 9, 2011 became a couple April 7, 2014 Receive I 864bill/pay I864 bill Complete DS261 online
February 6, 2012 met in person in Morocco April 9, 2014 Receive/pay IV bill
June 22, 2012 second trip to Morocco April 14, 2014 Complete DS260 online
July 13, 2012 Wedding in Morocco May 8, 2014 Receive checklist from NVC in email
March 6, 2013 Third trip to Morocco May 8, 2014 Mail completed packet to NVC
November 4,2013 Fourth trip to Morocco <3 May 12, 2014 NVC receives packet (now we wait.)
USCIS: June 10, 2014 RFE checklist for I864. June 11 call to NVC.. fixed errors.
May 1, 2013 Mail packet to USCIS to start K3 June 12, 2014 Resend packet to NVC
May 3, 2013 UPS delivery confirmation June 16, 2014 NVC receives corrected papers. (now we wait...again.. )
May 6, 2013 Email Confirmation Case Accepted and routed to USCIS for processing July 10, 2014 Called NVC. due to backlog I have to wait until 8/1 to call
May 10,2013 Check Cashed by DHS July 28, 2014 Called NVC. I was told they still have not reviewed my case.
May 10, 2013 Form I-797c NOA received by mail August 1, 2014 Called NVC due to checklist. was told my black ink was "navy". have to
May 13, 2013 Mail packet to USCIS for I - 129f reprint, resign, resend, and wait 60 days now. in NVC hell!!
May 14, 2013 Confirmed delivery of Packet for I - 129f August 2, 2014 Resend papers to NVC overnight. Due at NVC on 8/4/2014
May 21, 2013 NOA1 for I - 129f text and email August 4, 2014 NVC signs/receives papers (now the long wait begins
May 25, 2013 Form I-797c NOA received by mail August 22,2014 Receive letter from NVC that hubbys email is undeliverable
May 31, 2013 Alien Registration Number changed August 22, 2014 Called NVC to verify information..all was correct?! Not sure why?
July 12, 2013 Case updated with change of address on uscis September 22, 2014 Called NVC to check on things. 2 more weeks of backlog left.
December 4, 2013 Text and email and updated uscis website: case moved to another office for processing When they verify my black ink signature, I should have CC!
December 6, 2013 Text and email and updated uscis website saying case moved to A uscis office September 29, 2014 CASE COMPLETE!!!!
December 10, 2013 Received Hard copy by mail that it was transferred to Nebraska.
January 28, 2014 Called USCIS for update. Told I have to wait 180 days from date of transfer to call about my case. EMBASSY in Casablanca Morocco:
February 16, 2014 Service Request per USCIS website. Was told I should have an answer by March 10 on my request. Medical: October 28, 2014
February 18, 2014 Text and email and updated uscis that alien registration number changed (again) Interview: November 7, 2014 (APPROVED!!)
February 19, 2014 Text and email and update uscis NOA2 for I 130 .. k3 is now a CR1 Visa in hand: November 13, 2014
February 19, 2014 Text email and update uscis Case is shipped to nvc!! POE: JFK November 21 2014 (home at last!)
February 22, 2014 NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail Green card in hand January 2, 2015
February 28, 2014 Follow up email responding to service request confirming case shipped to NVC on February 25, 2014 Social security card in hand January 9, 2015
Living happily ever after <3

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanted to know how some of you handled the long distance relationship and not being able to see your love one for a long period of time. What were some of the challenges you had to go through?

Skype when we could, emails other times. Keeping busy in between, which for me was going motorcycling.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

There are no challenges, it's the same thing as being together, without having to smell the other's farts. ;)

Being faithful & communicating about sums it up. The same as when you are together, minus the physical intimacy. You can do it. THOUSANDS of deployed soldiers and displaced Filipino family members do it every day.

Timeline

There are no challenges, it's the same thing as being together, without having to smell the other's farts. wink.png

Being faithful & communicating about sums it up. The same as when you are together, minus the physical intimacy. You can do it. THOUSANDS of deployed soldiers and displaced Filipino family members do it every day.

Well that about kills your chances at being a prophet... :lol:

Ya its no different than being deployed and I have done that too.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Being a prophet? Ya lost me...

Oh, and yes, as others have said above, skype & email for us. The occasional phone call, though that was tough, cuz commo from (crappy phones) Afghanistan thru (a bit better) Philippines was difficult at best.

Timeline

Skype, WeChat, Facebook, Viber. Anyway we can find to keep in each others daily routine. Yes is tough not being able to touch or smell their perfume, but this I have religeously said is the time to work on building a strong bond of communication. If you can't communicate, your in trouble.

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It was a challenge to us whenever we have fight, which we agreed to address it not more than 48hrs. But all in all, it was bearable enough, technology made things easier for us. And we're both busy until I moved here.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Being a prophet? Ya lost me...

Oh, and yes, as others have said above, skype & email for us. The occasional phone call, though that was tough, cuz commo from (crappy phones) Afghanistan thru (a bit better) Philippines was difficult at best.

You did one posting that was rather enjoyed by many (so you were building "points).... then comes the joke about not smelling each other farts... ok a weak attempt at humor... :lol:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Oh, that. Just reality. It happens even to the best of us, that moment when we THINK we can let one sneak out, that our loved one won't notice... and it either squeaks out like a mouse being stepped on, or it's a SBD event. Either way, you're busted. THAT won't happen on skype!!

Breaking the barrier, I believe it's referred to...

Timeline

We chat and/or videocall every night at the same time, which includes eating lunch/dinner together. "kain tayo" every night. For 2 hours we carry on as if we're together in person.

I also call every night before I go to sleep and in the morning when I wake so that we can catch up and say "gudnyt" to each other. Just 5-30 minutes, depending on what has happened since we last talked.

She also takes pictures of anything she wants to share with me - things she bought or did while I was asleep. I'll often take pictures of my lunch when I eat out or what I cooked for dinner. There are so many things she wants to try...

Lack of physical intimacy is tough, but necessary . A lot of people fall "In Lust" because of short periods of frequent intimacy. I know it's hard when you're in your twenties and guys are courting you or girls are flirting with him, but you can do it. This is a good test of your commitment to each other even without the "benefits".

Lastly, I'm fortunate enough to have the paid time off and resources to visit every 3 months. If we hadn't been approved so fast, my plan was to go back in September anyway. That's why I'm sticking to the plan even though she could've been here already.

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Love conquers all . Love, Honesty, Commitment and prayers helped me and my husband to be finally together after 3 long years of talking online , emails, phones. it's just distance that is a big challenge for us but with God Nothing is impossible.

Hubby and I are happily married for over 6 years ( 10 yrs.together). Open communication is very important of course.

Timeline

Skype, BBM, WeChat, Yahoo Messenger. One important medium in our relationship is Globe's Duo International. Once you're registered, they would assign a US mobile number to your Philippine sim card so your loved one can call you anytime of the day. Long distance relationship is really difficult. Only brave ones do it. I remember, every time he would visit me I wouldn't want that moment to end. And when it was time for him to go back to Chicago, it would cry my eyes out at the airport. I didn't care if people would see me at that state. Lol.

"You are my favorite reason to lose sleep."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.