Daveykins

Guangzhou Medical Reminder

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi All,

Xue Jiao and I just returned from going to her medical exam in Guangzhou and wanted to throw up a tip so hopefully nobody else will waste time like we did today.

So they ask for the "Appointment Letter" when they called her number to register. To me, this means the email that was sent from CGI Stanley saying when your appointment is.

Obviously I was wrong.

What they want is the P4 email that we received. Thankfully there was a "travel agency" nearby that we could print out P4 for 30 RMB, way too expensive but at least it's over with now.

They say appointment letter, but there's no appointment date on the P4, just instructions to book the appointment! Very frustrating day to say the least!

Excited for the 6th!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Here's the link to the medical instructions with the new Consolidated Consulate Compound address in it:

http://ustraveldocs.com/cn/Medical%20and%20Vaccination%20Instruction%20GSS%2007102013%20with%20new%20address.pdf

just in case anyone needs it.

I downloaded it this evening, reminded my wife she's getting some shots ..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

http://ustraveldocs.com/cn/Medical%20and%20Vaccination%20Instruction%20GSS%2007102013%20with%20new%20address.pdf

Hey look at that, you Guys have a choice of four Doctors. Nice.

Are they spread all over the country or clustered within 5 miles of each other? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gowon

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It seems that they are not clustered within 10km of each other. However, considering the size of China, they seem to be concentrated near the eastern coastline, with 3 out of 4 being in the central to southern coastal region, with one in the north. I suspect that the net result will be that the Guangdong Health Care Center will get a large majority of the business.

Of course, since the US consulate in Guangzhou is THE consulate that processes all of the US immigrant visas in China, and that location is certainly not geographically central to many parts of China, it is a haul for most folks to get there. For my famly's interview last year, they had to travel ~ 2000km from northern China to get to Guangzhou in the south, a 3-4 hour plane flight. So, convenience and choice, like many things in the PRC, can be a very relative term.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant_visas.html

YMMV, laughing.gif

Happy trails...

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks, to all the China brothers for their timely and excellent information. Especially with the Embassy changes.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Yep, from the other couple I've been talking to here, both our ladies had to get the Td, MMR and Chickenpox vaccines. Both of them are complaining about their sore arms today. Been there, done that many many years ago.

The Guangzhou Travel Hospital had probably about 50 people waiting in various stages yesterday around 9:30am when we arrived. Probably half of them were adoptions. Poor kids getting like 10 vaccines at one time! The family adopting a physically disabled kid was very heartwarming to see.

Darnell, I'll let you know how the 3 folder/binder method that I'm using goes: One of all the paperwork to submit, one of copies of everything submitted and the other of originals. So far, so good!

Timeline

The 2 weeks before isn't required. We did ours 2 days before the interview with no problems at all. We did have to come back at 3pm the next day and wait over 2 hours for the results to be completed, though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think that two weeks before is just a recommendation so you have time to get the documentation and bring it to the interview. We are also looking to do her exam two days before the interview.

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

I think the '2 weeks notification' was copied from another US Embassy that CGI Stanley has a presence (in) and no one at GUZ IV has caught it, yet.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Called Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel moments ago.

got an English speaker, went over some basic questions for Friday Saturday Monday evolutions wink.png

learned is 5 photos needed there (we were planning for 6) .

Yay !

also been studying the google maps recently - seems this hospital, at Add: 5/F East Tower, Poly Bld, No. 59 Huali Road, Zhujiang New City, Guangzhou is nearby the New Consolidated Consulate Compound.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

I just don’t believe it take 2 days for medical exam in Guangzhou Travel Hospital.

My wife took her medical exam in Shanghai. She has to waiting a week to get her result back.

Timeline

i know it can be done in 1 day for a woman over age 40 - ie

go in early in the morning, come back in the afternoon for the results, close to closing time.

we're planning for 2 days, though, as we're busy doing stuff.

Timeline

Darnell is right. XJ did her medical the Monday before the interview, and came back later that day after 3pm and was able to pickup the medical.

i know it can be done in 1 day for a woman over age 40 - ie

go in early in the morning, come back in the afternoon for the results, close to closing time.

we're planning for 2 days, though, as we're busy doing stuff.

Timeline

Hey - how close was the medical place to the Consulate, Davey?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.