jamali84

US Embassy Islamabad case complete and waiting for interview ?

177 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any body here from Pakistan whose case is complete and they are waiting for an Interview ?

Our F2A case completed on july 16th 2013 and we are waiting for our interview.

whats your pd?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our priority date is june 16th 2011, and our case was completed by NVC on july 16th 2013

Citizenship (2014):

May-10-2014.... Application mailed out , through USPS express mail.

May-12-2014.... Application package delivered.

May-15-2014.....Check Cashed by USCIS

June-02-2014....Biometrics (walk in) syracuse field office

June-04-2014....Actual Biometrics appointment date

June-04-2014....in line for interview scheduling

Aug -19-2014....Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think US embassy in Islamabad is closed these days thats why you guys having trouble. But still you are glad your process has finished that soon. I am citizen and applied for my wife (I-130) and its been 6months but haven't gotten my NOV 2 yet. whenever i called National Benefit Service, they say your I-130 is in processing and cant tell how long is it gonna take...so still you guys are good and wait for when embassy gonna open. And its not only in the Islamabad but all over the world they close the embassy.

US embassy in Islamabad IS NOT CLOSED!! It's just that they are working slow. Only a handful folks got their visa issued. InshaAllah after Eid they will catch the speed.

And USCIS is taking longer than usual too. My NOA2 came after 71/2 month. Basically thats their standard time now.

Filed: Timeline

Hey buddy, did you get ur Interview letter yet ?

we are still waiting and calling NVC everyday in evenings at US eastern time.

same replies : your case is complete and it is waiting for an interview to be scheduled at US embassy in Islamabad sad.png

still waiting jamali bahi , no luck yet ,

they told me isl is very busy and very slow smile.png so i am not going to sweat any more , hopefully it will come soon , lets keep our finger cross

priority date 25 feb 2011

and case completed on 11 july

Edited by chaingang

question for every one , any one has same issue like i have ,

when i check the ceac site it says

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information.

that is for sure wrong it should say , "Ready" any one has same issue,

they have still old information and didnt update it , i called DOS and they told me they don't know , i asked nvc they told me samething but when you asked them about petition status they say we are waiting for Islamabad to schedule for interview , Da P***

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

question for every one , any one has same issue like i have ,

when i check the ceac site it says

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information.

that is for sure wrong it should say , "Ready" any one has same issue,

they have still old information and didnt update it , i called DOS and they told me they don't know , i asked nvc they told me samething but when you asked them about petition status they say we are waiting for Islamabad to schedule for interview , Da P***

yes same..it says at NVC.

Edited by Humeer

i think there is no need , i sent them email when my case was completed and they said they don't have my case , actually once u get your interview letter than nvc will physically send your case to Pakistan it again take 2 to 4 weeks , and once they receive it , you can mail them and ask them questions , but i wont send them emails every day coz they will stop replying , if you have lawyer its better to send emails visa lawyer they give them good replies , By law they have to reply lawyer but we cant force them i always send emails to embassy via lawyer

Timeline

Does anybody know if we have to pay any additional fees at embassy on interview day ? if yes then approx how much ? do they take cash ? dollars ? PKR ?

and so far we haven't got our interview letter, and tired of calling NVC everyday.

Citizenship (2014):

Timeline

still no news from islamabad embassy :(

Citizenship (2014):

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.