tommysanfran

interview successful, approved but visa not in hand over a week

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My fiancee had her interview just over a week ago. And the officer said she was approved and to come back in a few days to get her visa stamped in her passport. But it has been over a week and still passport not ready with visa stamped. Have bought plane ticket because thought visa was approved.

What is going on here?

The other girls at the interview that day all got their visa in their passports already.

Timeline

At the interview she was told she passed and to come get her passport in a few days. But when she returned they said they will call when its ready. I then emailed them and they said the visa is subject to "administration" . Whatever that means.

I wrote them again and asked if there was any documents needed ? And they replied "not at this time".

Really have no idea. And nothing has been said. Very strange.

NO excuses given as to why it is not available yet and no request for more info or more documents and when asked about how long this will take, a very noncommittal response came with a "we will let you know, no time can be promised".

Very strange indeed.

Timeline

Hi Tommysanfran, do not need to be worry, ur fiancée will get her visa soon. Just give them time because it's a weekend. the important that they keep ur fiancée's passport.

Did ur fiancée get small white slip approval with a date on it after her interview?

Usually the CO will give small white approval slip after interview passed and showing what date we can pick up our visas. Other wise if CO still needed another docs requirement from us they will give us 221g paper. And probably it will take a time till we submit it.

U can check ur fiancée status application, so u will know better what going on with her processing. Mine I check my status application on CEAC before.

I got my interview in July18th,2013 but i am not got approval at same date. I got 221g after my interview but the CO keep my passport anyway.They said they don't need any docs from me. Just ask me to wait until they can fixed my case and they will call me if they ready with my visa. When I ask them how long I have to wait. They said don't know can't promise. Really that time I was so depressed too. July19th my fiancé called to USEM. And was surprising they ask me to pick up my visa on July24th. So mine just delay 1 day.

So, please just wait if ur fiancée status changed to be ISSUE that's mean ur fiancée ready to pick up her visa, usually USEM will send an email and let us know when we should pick up our visas.

Be optimist, hope this week u will hear the great news from USEM and ask ur fiancée to pick up her visa.

My prayers and best wishes for both of u....

Timeline

Yes they kept passport and said can come get visa with a day on it, but that day came and she went to get visa and they said need more admin work? Very strange.

How to check online current status?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

is possible it's in administrative processing for some reason.

1. check status at ceac.state.gov and

2. call DoS Hotline when they are open, inquire for casefile status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for the link:

This is what it said.

Strange that the case was created ONE DAY AFTER the interview , where we were told she was APPROVED. And now pending? How is that possible? And I emailed them and they said no other documents are needed from us. Really strange wouldnt you say? We got the white sheet of paper saying approved and to come get the passport the next week. But seems that wasnt the case.

Meantime, was a mistake it seems to book the flight already for departure in about 2 weeks.

Gee whiz.. Wish I knew bout this site before i bought the ticket.

"

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

"

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yup, wish i had read more about this exact thing happening. Getting "Approved" but put into the black hole that is ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. Where they don't have to give you an answer as to how long they plan to keep you there. Or why you are even there. It is truly a black hole.

Booked a flight and quit her job on the strength of the Consul saying she's approved turned out to be pretty dumb a move to make.

Word to the wise. WAIT UNTIL YOU GET THAT VISA IN HAND before you make any plans !!!!

I can't say this enough now.

Timeline

Well she missed her intended flight. NO visa in hand yet. Thank God we were able to cancel her air ticket. Which costs 1300 dollars ONE WAY. And get that back in 21 days minus a charge of 75 dollars !

At least did not lose the whole ticket.

That was with ORbitz.

Still counting the days and waiting waiting waiting. Hey guess what? You are approved but we won't give you the visa !! Until such time as we feel like it.

That is what it seems to be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well she missed her intended flight. NO visa in hand yet. Thank God we were able to cancel her air ticket. Which costs 1300 dollars ONE WAY. And get that back in 21 days minus a charge of 75 dollars !

At least did not lose the whole ticket.

That was with ORbitz.

Still counting the days and waiting waiting waiting. Hey guess what? You are approved but we won't give you the visa !! Until such time as we feel like it.

That is what it seems to be.

that was lucky you could do that. Always best to wait till visa is in the hand before booking a ticket. That's a lesson for all of us. Thank you for sharing your experiance.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

OK GReat news. Finally got a call from the Embassy to go and pick up her passport with HER VISA IN IT !! Yippee !!

Over six weeks in Administrative Processing , but finally a great outcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.