doshi

Average wait time at NVC

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay sending in a DS-3032 and you have an attorney tells me they do not know whats going on. The IV Bill and AOS Bill (Affidavit of support-I-864 package) would have been invoiced together.

You have to be doggit about it. Because attorneys do not call NVC to see if anything is reviewed or accepted or if you have case compete.

Youu having an attorney cut literally 3 to 4 weeks off your time (you didn't have to wait for DS-3032 to be accepted). You should honestly barring any Checklist (mistakes) takes 4 to 6 weeks. NVC says 20 business days to review.

The checklists have been almost running 90% (people making errors). That new I-864 has been a beast.

And honestly if you get case complete in 2 to 3 months you are doing good. Than you get to wait for interview and that will be a month to 2 month wait.

Meaning you get case Complete by August month in you are in queue for October. September interviews were just announced this week.

Hope that helps shade some light. It's a wait so hang on and just focus on getting things accurate avoiding errors.

Dwheels you so right abt the bolded his assistant thinks it is better to wait for NVC to contact and He doesnt see reason to check on how the petition is going.

But come to think of it any reason why they seem to be too laid back? I tot my engaging their service will make them more pushy than if i was doing it myself?

Yes he indeed has paid all the fees including the IV bill am just curious abt the wait time cos the average i have been seeing have been at least 90days

Timeline

all depends on the attorney and the clerk the attorney uses.

ALL.

If you want to study other things here, study the timelines section for your visa type

and

Saylin's Spreadsheet.

Sorry, that is a common fallacy... attorney will make the process faster and detailed.

so true for the bolded the attorney himself seem really interested in getting things done its the assistant that is always too procedural and laid back.

so you dont believe their expertise on the subject matter gives them an edge over the DIY lads?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you can fill out IRS form 1040 plus 3 schedules,

you can chase after the paperwork culminating in a CR-1 visa.

Besides, this is a D I Y immigration web portal, with an emphasis on 'Y' and 'D'.

We've a guide for that, really. So, if'n you can read, and follow instructions, and have a good grasp of the english language OR an accurate translator -

feh - I say try DIY.

But I digress. Whatcha think about the lack of a G-28 document when the I-130 was filed?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

whoops -- i missed an important part.

If a DS-3032 was submitted,

then the G-28 wasn't filed with the I-130

and then

any time factor at NVC is lost.

Typically, having the G-28 in place, shaves 2 to 4 weeks at NVC, as the AOS and IV fee bills are generated within 3 days, together, when the Consular Casefile Number is created.

I think somethings amiss.

the thing is i have been the one doing all the assumptions with regards to what i see on VJ he has been the one getting all the correspondences since I-130 was filed and even when nvc sent notification to proceed with bills payment in May 2013 i guess he must have filled the g-28 i only made mention of the ds-3032 cos i see it alot on members timeline alot and assumed he must have done same without knowing what the form is for i have opened bothe forms g-28 and ds-3032 and i believe he filled the g-28 sometimes am just scared of asking him questions so it doesnt seem like i know too much.

Sometimes he tells my wife tell your hubby to relax and stop surfing immi sites all the time for information lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

here's a hint.

log on to the online payment portal, review dates of everything there,

then tell us what you see.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

here's a hint.

log on to the online payment portal, review dates of everything there,

then tell us what you see.

is it the same site like the ceac.gov?

Timeline

is it the same site like the ceac.gov?

i dont seem to have the invoice identification number

i tried to log on to https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

but it wont give me the access?

You need both the case number and IIN to get onto the portal. Call the NVC and get your IIN.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.