Freelibrary

St. Lukes Medical Interview Experience- July 29-30, 2013

23 posts in this topic

Thank's be to God for the result of my medical! I almost cried when the security guard at St. Lukes stamped "for immunization" on my receipt! I knew what it means! Everything went well and I passed!

Here's what happened to me...

Day 1

I have made a research on how to go to SLEC at J. Bocobo (thru commuting, coming from EDSA-TAFT). On my research it says that I should alight on Pedro Gil LRT station and walk from there to SLEC but then I found a route that made my life easier without "pasikot-sikot". If you will go there and you were coming from the EDSA TAFT, better for you to go down on United Nations Ave. (UN) since from there you will just cross the street and walk straight until you find J. Bocobo. For me it is a much easier way, instead of going thru the back of Robinson's Manila.

I arrived at 7:00am. I showed the guard at SLEC my medical appointment which I printed online, passport, copy of passport's biographic page, copy of Manila case no. and copy of my interview appointment at the US embassy. The guard gave me a number and told me to go to the reception for biometrics and they will also get your requirements (note that you will only give 1 photo here coz the other 2 photos, you will give it on the releasing day) . Alot of people are already there waiting, which was I expected since it's Monday and I didnt come there earlier. My no. is 152.

After you have done your biometrics at the reception, they will tell you where you will go next, so dont worry coz you will be properly assisted.

Next is Cashier, I went to 5th floor for pay (Php 9,589) and again the cashier will tell you where you will go next.

Tip: always give your receipt to the person who is incharge in each medical exam you will take. SLEC is a "first come first serve basis", meaning the first one to put their receipts on the table will the the first one to do a particular medical exam.

There will be alot of waiting so be petience and ready.

All I can say is just follow what they will tell you and where they will tell you to go next after each exam. You will not be lost... but then if you have decided to go on your way in which will be your next exam, it is ok... I have known one person who started on the 2nd floor up to the 5th floor for her exams. Just make sure that you have taken all the exams you need on the list they provided you.

I finsihed my Day 1 medical exam at 3:30pm. If you will ask me, i would try to go there at the afternoon, since the bulk of people are already leaving so maybe time of waiting will be not that long... don't go on Mondays too! :D

Day 2

They told be to come back on the following day for my results. If you got a "normal" result they will let you go to the Immunization.

I was scheduled at 2:30pm, but then the guard let me in at 2:00pm.

Upon entering SLEC, you have to give your receipt to the guard so you'll know if you will go to immunization or what. I showed my receipt and do the finger scan I was nervous what the guard would stamp on my receipt. He eventually stamped "FOR IMMUNIZATION". Meaning my medical went well! (thank you Lord).

I went to 2nd floor and as usual, i immediately gave my receipt to the reception there and wait.... wait... and wait... until after more than 1 hour they called my name and gave me 3 vaccines (influenza, antitetanus and missles). After your immunization, they will tell you to go to releasing area at the ground floor and wait, wait and wait there again until they call your name. When they called my name, I was asked to sign some papers and told me to wait again for my name to be called (this time it doesn't take 30 mins.). Last call would be the releasing of your vaccination record and CD of your chest x-ray (don't ever ever ever open that CD). Then, i went home... passed 5:00pm already...

So, that's how my medical exam goes... I am relieved! And now I am just waiting for the "verdict" day which is my interview!

Have a happy visa journey to all!

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

- Hebrew 11:40

Cngratulations! Can i ask 1 thing about medical. do you fill out a form at saint luke's about yourself? and if you did, does it have a question on the form about your parent's info, and if they are deceased or one of them is, do they ask for the cause of their death? i;m asking because my mother died of TB 5 years ago, even though i am negative to it, I still don;t wanna tell them about the cause of my mother's death. I hope you can help me answer this as this had been worrying me this past couple of weeks.. THANK YOU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are the pictures needed for the medical at SLEC? Was it 2x2 photos or visa photos?

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Cngratulations! Can i ask 1 thing about medical. do you fill out a form at saint luke's about yourself? and if you did, does it have a question on the form about your parent's info, and if they are deceased or one of them is, do they ask for the cause of their death? i;m asking because my mother died of TB 5 years ago, even though i am negative to it, I still don;t wanna tell them about the cause of my mother's death. I hope you can help me answer this as this had been worrying me this past couple of weeks.. THANK YOU

We have not been through the SLMC process yet so I an unable to comment on your specific questions and therefor I will leave that to more knowledgably people.

But, having said that, I would like to give you and others a bit of advise. Never volunteer information when NOT asked. When asked always give the truth and answer the question with a confident and direct answer. Don't go into details unless asked and again, always be truthful.

Good luck

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are the pictures needed for the medical at SLEC? Was it 2x2 photos or visa photos?

Passport sized photos per requirements of USEM.

Info is listed on the SLEC website.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

HI! thank you!

Regarding your question, if you will not be asked don't disclose anything but then if so happen that they will ask you tell the truth... don't worry coz worrying will not help you... As you have said, you are negative on TB so why worry??? Maybe, they will check your background but for sure if they really found nothing on your x-ray you will not have a problem! :D

Now, I suggest, to keep you away from worrying... you can have your x-ray done in any reputable hospital/ clinic prior to your medical interview at SLEC. At least, if you already know that you have a good x-ray before going to your medical at SLEC you will have confidence! ;)

Be positive and don't let this thing bugs you! :D

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

it's 2x2 picture... you can find the requirements on the link below. :D

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

My not so pleasant medical experience coz during the phyisical i was asked if I'm on medication i told them yes coz i have Mitral valve prolapse, she asks my meds and i gave to her, now this leads to more questions ask like when i was diagnosed and if i am maintaining my meds i told them only when needed because that's what my cadio's instruction and it seems that my meds is also the same meds that doctors gave to people with anxiety. i was ask if i had panic attack experience, honestly i told them yes i had, before i was diagnosed i always experience chest pain and feel like i'm passing out then comes the palpitations, its like several times i went to ER because i thought i'll be having heart attack but when i had my heart ultrasound (2d echo) and doc gave me meds it helps a lot until now that i know how to control my mvp and fully understand how it works i seldom take it. Then from room # 5 doctor referred me to a cardio in another room, after the exam she said she didn't hear murmurs (ya right, like i was lying about my mvp?), then she told me to go to USA counter and from there my name was called at room N on ground flr, and was shocked when the guy there told me if situations like mine who had panic attack experience the US embassy instructed them to refer to a psychologist, he explain to me that i need to pay additional P1,000 and that the next available appointment will be on July 19th a day after my scheduled interview, now they want me to cancel my interview and wait another 4-5 days after "psychological test" result before they will schedule my embassy interview. During my immunization interview i am advised to go back after 12 days since there's a sexual contact between unsafe days...

I went back on July 19th for my personal evaluation and brought with me my doctors certificate, the psychologist was nice and she said they do that for clearance...

I attend my interview on July 30 without medical release and immunization, the consul told me im approved and they will just wait for my medical release for them to issue my visa. on the same day on my interview i went back to SLEM waited 4 hours to get my shot and was told that i need to have another pregnancy test in spite of having my read day on, so i paid almost 500pesos, after 10 minutes i got negative result and was given only one shot the flu vaccine.

I was excited to get my result only to find out that they have typo error on my medical and need another 4 days for the psychiatrist to sign it!

Our Journey
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
2006-02-14: Marriage

IR 1 VISA PETITION

2012-09-19: I-130 Sent
2012-09-24: I-130 NOA1
2012-09-28: Transfer Notice to Lee's Summit, Mo.
2012-12-03: APPROVED in 73 days from our NOA1 date!

2012-12-11: USCIS Shipped approved case to NVC
2012-12-18: NVC Received

dec 2012- June 2013 waiting time for my child's IR2 to catch up! (6months) so we can go medical and interview together

2013-07-11: Medical Exam Day

2013-07-19: Medical Exam-Personal Evaluation (reason anxiety meds taken) cancelled my 18th interview

2013-07-30 morning: Interview Day- Passed but waiting for medical release

2013-07-30 afternoon: Medical Exam Day - Immunization

2013-08-02 Purchase Ticket

2013-08-05 https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ status : ISSUED

2013-08-07: Visa Received
2013-09-10: POE Dallas, Texas

IR 2 VISA PETITION
2013-02-11: I-130 Sent
2013-04-03: I-130 NOA2 APPROVED in 51 days from our NOA date

2013-06-07: Both IR1/IR2 case AOS/IV BILL shows Paid

2013-06-17: Schedule interview online

2013-06-19: USEM Case Received
2013-06-24: Received email from USEM Case Received
2013-07-11: Medical Exam Day-no tst need to go back on the ff day

2013-07-15: Medical Exam Day- tst result (-) immunization

2013-07-18: Interview Day

2013-xx-xx: Visa Received
2013-09-10: POE Dallas, Texas

(USCIS/NVC letters took an average of 50 calendar days to arrive in the Philippines so we don't rely on letters, thanks God for internet and VJ)

UlsIp8.png

My not so pleasant medical experience coz during the phyisical i was asked if I'm on medication i told them yes coz i have Mitral valve prolapse, she asks my meds and i gave to her, now this leads to more questions ask like when i was diagnosed and if i am maintaining my meds i told them only when needed because that's what my cadio's instruction and it seems that my meds is also the same meds that doctors gave to people with anxiety. i was ask if i had panic attack experience, honestly i told them yes i had, before i was diagnosed i always experience chest pain and feel like i'm passing out then comes the palpitations, its like several times i went to ER because i thought i'll be having heart attack but when i had my heart ultrasound (2d echo) and doc gave me meds it helps a lot until now that i know how to control my mvp and fully understand how it works i seldom take it. Then from room # 5 doctor referred me to a cardio in another room, after the exam she said she didn't hear murmurs (ya right, like i was lying about my mvp?), then she told me to go to USA counter and from there my name was called at room N on ground flr, and was shocked when the guy there told me if situations like mine who had panic attack experience the US embassy instructed them to refer to a psychologist, he explain to me that i need to pay additional P1,000 and that the next available appointment will be on July 19th a day after my scheduled interview, now they want me to cancel my interview and wait another 4-5 days after "psychological test" result before they will schedule my embassy interview. During my immunization interview i am advised to go back after 12 days since there's a sexual contact between unsafe days...

I went back on July 19th for my personal evaluation and brought with me my doctors certificate, the psychologist was nice and she said they do that for clearance...

I attend my interview on July 30 without medical release and immunization, the consul told me im approved and they will just wait for my medical release for them to issue my visa. on the same day on my interview i went back to SLEM waited 4 hours to get my shot and was told that i need to have another pregnancy test in spite of having my read day on, so i paid almost 500pesos, after 10 minutes i got negative result and was given only one shot the flu vaccine.

I was excited to get my result only to find out that they have typo error on my medical and need another 4 days for the psychiatrist to sign it!

Thanks for sharing your journey. You are very positive person and you don't give up easily. Good luck and Godspeed for the remainder of your journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

We have not been through the SLMC process yet so I an unable to comment on your specific questions and therefor I will leave that to more knowledgably people.

But, having said that, I would like to give you and others a bit of advise. Never volunteer information when NOT asked. When asked always give the truth and answer the question with a confident and direct answer. Don't go into details unless asked and again, always be truthful.

Good luck

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We scheduled interview today for Aug 20 and my fiancee will do medical Wednesday

I have emailed NVC asking for it but not sure if it will make it in time

For Medical - will she need the paper with MNL case#? She will have the embassy appointment letter and NOA 2 but will she be denied if we do not have the email from NVC with the case#?

Thanks

Timeline

We scheduled interview today for Aug 20 and my fiancee will do medical Wednesday

I have emailed NVC asking for it but not sure if it will make it in time

For Medical - will she need the paper with MNL case#? She will have the embassy appointment letter and NOA 2 but will she be denied if we do not have the email from NVC with the case#?

Thanks

No you do not need the NVC letter/email if you have the embassy appointment letter. NOA2 isn't needed at all.

Worse case if you do not have the NVC letter/email nor have the appointment letter from the embassy (if you scheduled online you can print the confirmation page) you can tell the guard you got your MNL # over the phone give them copies of the confirmation page from scheduling online and be persistent.

You should get an email from NVC once your file has shipped to USEM if you sent an email requesting the MNL # . If you haven't gotten an email reply yet then your file hasn't shipped to Manila yet.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks Hank_ You're a Godsend to this process

2 weeks and I am feely so anxious today. Its time to dot the I's and cross the Ts

It all goes very quickly once you have the MNL #

For us it was about 6 weeks from MNL# to getting the visa. I scheduled the interview for a month out from when the file shipped to USEM, then we rock 'n' rolled. We weren't in a rush as we weren't flying home for a another month + after receiving the visa, but it was good to have it all over and done with.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.