tessnsam

Decrease wait time for I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear Friends,

This is something worth signing for, all the wait and frustration we all are going through together this might be the light we all need, please sign it and post it spread the word about it, and bring your relative/spouse to live with you together while waiting on one of the most frustrating process of life time, like it takes 9 months for a baby to born and year and a half for relative to come and live together in usa. lol good luck lets get started.

Thank you

Tess n Sam

http://www.change.org/petitions/president-obama-uscis-dhs-decrease-wait-time-for-i-130-petition-for-alien-relative

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

By decreasing wait time, the petition is essentially asking for increase immigration which would explode exponentially.

Practically every new immigrant petitions for more people who when they get here will petition for even more people.

The US takes in 1,000,000 new immigrants every year.

Since we cannot decrease the number of people waiting for visas, we must increase the numbers of visas to decrease the wait time.

How many immigrants do you think the US should let in every year? Where would we house them? Where would the jobs for them come from? What's the impact on the economy and infrastructure?

What are the chances that this country will increase the number of visas?

Essentially, how would you go about decreasing the wait time and what's the real world impact for all of us?

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

By decreasing wait time, the petition is essentially asking for increase immigration which would explode exponentially.

Practically every new immigrant petitions for more people who when they get here will petition for even more people.

The US takes in 1,000,000 new immigrants every year.

Since we cannot decrease the number of people waiting for visas, we must increase the numbers of visas to decrease the wait time.

How many immigrants do you think the US should let in every year? Where would we house them? Where would the jobs for them come from? What's the impact on the economy and infrastructure?

What are the chances that this country will increase the number of visas?

Essentially, how would you go about decreasing the wait time and what's the real world impact for all of us?

People who intended to start an I-130 petition for their immediate relatives will do so regardless of wait time. Next question is the immigrants petitioning for their immediate relatives, but wouldn't they do it either way regardless?

Another option to increase the speed is to hire more people. I think the fees involved are more than enough to pay for 15 minutes of average petition processing + say, 1 month of file sitting in the warehouse?

As for the jobs - those people will also have needs, so the demands of overall population will grow, why shouldn't the supply grow accordingly? To make supply grow you need new jobs anyway.

But yes, let's keep those spouses under control - what are they thinking, their petitions should take less than a year? Who do they think they are? Har har.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

***moved to general immigration as subject is not about IR1/CR1 process and procedures but does have immigration in mind***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I signed happily.and like it was stated earlier, we pay more than enough. it should not be a matter of "we have x people entering, that is too many" when it comes to husbands and wives and children of them they should be allowed in quickly. If people are so worried about them being fake, then create requirements for them to maintain their relationship for so many years once they are here. Having paperwork sit around in boxes for 6 months before someone looks at them is rude, inconsiderate, and just flat out wrong. We are only on this earth for so many years and having to ruin years of our short lives together because of a numbers game is absolutely the worst kind of torture i have ever felt. Whatever happens to the pursuit of happiness?

Making it difficult and slow for every petition at the beginning is a much better way to weed out frauds and fakes, than it is to try to get the frauds and fakes to leave after they are already in the US.

I am all for improving the efficiency and efficacy of the immigration process, by more electronic filing means and better training of uscis staff, and no one wants their paperwork lost or misplaced due to stupidity or lack of care, but the process needs to be slow and difficult IMHO.

Edited by Ozz777

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Making it difficult and slow for every petition at the beginning is a much better way to weed out frauds and fakes, than it is to try to get the frauds and fakes to leave after they are already in the US.

I am all for improving the efficiency and efficacy of the immigration process, by more electronic filing means and better training of uscis staff, and no one wants their paperwork lost or misplaced due to stupidity or lack of care, but the process needs to be slow and difficult IMHO.

Ok, i have 2 questions then:

1. How slow is slow enough for you?

2. I've heard, it was faster once. Could we go back to that at least or was it then done on purpose in your opinion?

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

13 months for us when we first started the immigration process until we could finally get married. We stuck it out.

Would think after that long wait regarding fraud would be a little bit kinder during the ROC and citizen stage. But fraud was still their key issue;

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.