Sign in to follow this  
Mr&MrsA

US EMBASSY manila INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

13 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I would like to ask especially to those who had done it already: What are the common questions asked by the filipino and american Consul at the USEM??

Any information will greatly be appreciated....

Here, these are the reviews of K1 applicants for your embassy. You should have a read of those - folks will have noted what sort of questions they were asked and how it went:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Philippines&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=K1+Visa

I attended with my fiancee (now wife), the first window asked only a few questions centered around my wife and her child, like "what's your name, is this your daughter", etc., and then she asked to see a few photos of us together.

We then waited for the "official" interview and the consulate employee asked my wife how we met, what she/I did for work, if I had any children, had she met my child, and that was pretty much it. She was very polite and the whole "interview" was over within 2 minutes...kind of a surprise how simple it was.

Although we didn't get approved on the spot (we had one document missing), we walked away from the embassy feeling good about the whole process and wondering why we feared so much leading up to that point. Just be polite, honest, and have as much "evidence" as you can put together in an orderly and organized fashion.

I attended with my fiancee (now wife), the first window asked only a few questions centered around my wife and her child, like "what's your name, is this your daughter", etc., and then she asked to see a few photos of us together.

We then waited for the "official" interview and the consulate employee asked my wife how we met, what she/I did for work, if I had any children, had she met my child, and that was pretty much it. She was very polite and the whole "interview" was over within 2 minutes...kind of a surprise how simple it was.

Although we didn't get approved on the spot (we had one document missing), we walked away from the embassy feeling good about the whole process and wondering why we feared so much leading up to that point. Just be polite, honest, and have as much "evidence" as you can put together in an orderly and organized fashion.

What document were you missing?

they asked me

1.Are you married?

2.Do you have kids?

3.How did you met?

4.What site?

5.When did you met?

6.How many times he visited you?

7.Were you able to go out of the country already?

8.Do you work?

The Filipino officer asked my fiance:

1.I assume you are the fiance? lol

2.When did you arrived?

3.How are you over coming from a jet lag?

4.So where did she took you when you came here?lol. Did you guys go out of Manila?

5.Were you married before?

6.What happened to your Marriage?

7.Where are the kids staying at?

8.Do you still support your kids?

the American consul just asked me when and where did we met online

It is easy don't worry. Just do your best it will be fine. They asked my fiance my name, where I live, and what I like to do for fun. She was in an out in a little under 2 hours. She said both the medical and interview she got put up to the front of the line by people who handle stuff, so be nice to everyone it might speed up things for you.

The consul just asked me and my fiancé some questions like what my full name is, if I worked and lived outside the Philippines, if we were married before and have kids and who was the other person on another I-134 we provided and said it was my fiancé's mom. Then gave me info about domestic violence and stuff. Then she says visa's approved.

To tell you the truth....every case is different..you dont need to worry for any questions the CO ask you.Primarily its all about you and the petitioner and it depends on the CO.Relax...trust me CO works in mysterious ways....

agreed with Speech. The filipina CO just asked a question about my 2012 taxes, the american CO just sweared us in and asked if that was our son. we said yes and then he said ok, everything is in order, you are fine. it lasted like 30 seconds.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.