slim

Blacks Benefit from FL "SYG" Law at Disproportionate Rate

83 posts in this topic

A violent criminal, huh? Interesting. A 17 year old who should have been killed because he violently attacked a stranger on the street. we know he would have just caused problems in the past. Because we all know that problem kids or kids dress and act a certain way and the stranger he attacked classified him, as it turns out, to be exactly what he was. A dope smoking burglar. going down the wrong path never recover.

Might as well kill 'em early. You're dead on with that statement. Pun definitely intended.

By 'we', you mean you. Since you're the only one who uses it.

Post fixed. Original words maintained and changes in red.

Not all. But surely at 17 years old, your life shouldn't be written off as a hopeless waste.

Your chances of wasting your life increase depending on who you choose to attack on the street. In his case he made the wrong choice.

i don't get it.

You're right. Let's kill off the troubled kids.

At what age should we start? 13, 14? And what will "troubled" consist of? Who gets to kill them? Should there be a list where people sign up?

The dope smoking IS pretty serious. I mean, what kind of 17 year old does that?

Edited by Penny Lane

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

At what age should we start? 13, 14? And what will "troubled" consist of? Who gets to kill them? Should there be a list where people sign up?

Poor George W. would have never been president...wait, not a half bad idea.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

So when you guys are ready to volunteer and clean up society you let us know. ;)

Since I have a couple of convictions I'll have to let you know that I'd fight back.

We start when they try to kill people.

I know its hard to imagine, but there are "kids" out there who are genuinely evil and will live a waste of a life. Folks like you want to spend my money to try to save them.

I want to keep my own money and let those kids get whatever they earn.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

From 2006 to 2012 the number of violent crimes in Florida dropped from 129,501 to 93,965. That's SYG for you. A law that actually deters violent crime. Just the way the NRA likes it.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/d75b9423-91ea-4704-86c8-5beb8c50fb61/1971_fwd_totalcrime.aspx

If there are a few dead criminals littering the SYG wayside who really gives a dam?

The number of homicides increased by 300+. The SYG cases number about 100. That's at least 200 extra dead bodies a year (an almost 25% increase) that SYG generated that weren't criminals.

200 extra innocent dead people. 25% more innocent lives wasted. Just the way the NRA likes it.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Incrased justifiable homicides are a good thing.

300 more homicides vs. only 100 SYG cases. That's 200 extra dead bodies. A 25% increase that the NRA has fought long and hard for. The NRA loves innocent people getting killed. Preferably kids. Feeds the very paranoia that they want to feed. That's how sick these bastards are.

African Americans benefit from Floridas Stand Your Ground self-defense law at a rate far out of proportion to their presence in the states population, despite an assertion by Attorney General Eric Holder that repealing Stand Your Ground would help African Americans.

Black Floridians have made about a third of the states total Stand Your Ground claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Floridas population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.

Nonetheless, prominent African Americans including Holder and Ebony and Ivory singer Stevie Wonder, who has vowed not to perform in the Sunshine State until the law is revoked, have made Stand Your Ground a central part of the Trayvon Martin controversy.

Holder, who was pressured by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and other progressive groups to open a civil rights case against acquitted neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in the 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Martin, criticized Floridas Stand Your Ground self-defense law in a speech Tuesday before the NAACP.

The law was not invoked by Zimmermans defense team but was included in instructions to the jury.

We must confront the underlying attitudes, the mistaken beliefs and the unfortunate stereotypes that serve too often as the basis for police action and private judgments. Separate and apart from the case that has drawn the nations attention, its time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhood, Holder said to applause in his speech before the NAACP Tuesday.

These laws try to fix something that was never broken. There has always been a legal defense for using deadly force if and the if is important if no safe retreat is available. But we must examine laws that take this further by eliminating the common-sense and age-old requirement that people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat, outside their home, if they can do so safely. By allowing and perhaps encouraging violent situations to escalate in public, such laws undermine public safety, Holder said.

The list of resulting tragedies is long and, unfortunately, has victimized too many who are innocent. It is our collective obligation; we must stand OUR ground to ensure (cheers, applause, music) we must stand our ground to ensure that our laws reduce violence, and take a hard look at laws that contribute to more violence than they prevent, Holder said.

But approximately one third of Florida Stand Your Ground claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants, according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times. Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida Stand Your Ground cases have been white.

African Americans used Stand Your Ground defenses at nearly twice the rate of their presence in the Florida population, which was listed at 16.6 percent in 2012.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-benefit-from-florida-stand-your-ground-law-at-disproportionate-rate/#ixzz2ZXbNg2dn

Shoooooot that's BS if black benefit Y is that Florida mom

of 3 doing 20-30 for discharging her legal firearm in the

ceiling as her husband put an azz-whupping on her, he had been

arrested B4 for beating her, but Fl say the stand your ground

did not apply to her...however she fired the gun while the kids

were in another room....but he beat her in their presence too

so is that the way it helps blacks? because she should have killed

him & do the same time

i

Shoooooot that's BS if black benefit Y is that Florida mom

of 3 doing 20-30 for discharging her legal firearm in the

ceiling as her husband put an azz-whupping on her, he had been

arrested B4 for beating her, but Fl say the stand your ground

did not apply to her...however she fired the gun while the kids

were in another room....but he beat her in their presence too

so is that the way it helps blacks? because she should have killed

him & do the same time

i

SYG is NRA sponsored legislation. The NRA is not obviously interested in merely having people discharging their firearms. The NRA is interested in dead bodies being produced. So the statute will protect you if you kill but not if you respect life and fire warning shots. There is no room for respect of life in anything the NRA does or sponsors. They want dead bodies. Simple as that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since I have a couple of convictions I'll have to let you know that I'd fight back.

So if someone killed you, crime would go down in cinci? Edited by GandD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's the essence of the argument he and the rest of the SYG cheering crowd 's making.

A typical holier than thou conservative mentality. Criminals are criminals for life. If a kid goes down the wrong path and gets killed, it's a win for society.

Anyone convicted of a crime should be eradicated in my opinion.

Felony's and Misdemeanors.

It's really the only way to be sure.

One and only one answer

1997.-New-York-City-is-now-a-maximum-sec