Brian1967##

Reporting Fraud to USCIS

98 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wish more people. Would cone forward to tell their stories. Thanks

I told my story and I've heard many more along the way. Even the people at USCIS jump to a conclusion when I made infopass appointment.

"Hello, I'm here to report marriage fraud"

"Oh, Filipino?"

I laughed, "No Vietnamese"

"Oh, we get a lot of those, too."

Reminder, for those who haven't read my thread.... "Fiance cheating while pregnant."

And by the way, she is still in a relationship with the man she sought help from at the Catholic non-profit. Disgusting sociopathic behavior.

Anyways, I followed Brian's advice and Darnell's and others advice and seems I've gotten a little bit of attention, but as Brian said, it's all CONFIDENTIAL now except for what has come out in court. Thankfully the baby is safe with me.

The most perplexing thing to me is, doctors and scientists have to gather so many letters of support and supply evidence of their work, but these fraudulent women and men claim VAWA and they are nothing even close to a scientist or contributor to US society, and they get all kinds of support and employment documents and free benefits. What the hell? Giving away tax payers' money? Cheaper to just send these marriage scammers home to their families right away then drag the cases out for dozens of years. Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

I've been to southeast asia many times, if you go to the internet cafes there are women lined up chatting on yahoo with literally dozens of men fishing for victims to scam. And yes, men do it too as we read on this thread, too.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

• 3 weeks later...

I linked to this today....so bump

n your link've brought me here, thanks anyways...

B_-_U_-_M_-_P

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Well I thought I would start this topic it is something new and I want to tell folks there is are several different way to report fraud to USCIS. In my long road over the past several months I have some information I wanted to pass on.

If the USC spouse thinks they are a victim of marriage fraud or their immigrant spouse entered into a shame marriage for the sole purpose of gaining immigration benefits. Please make a info pass appointment, when you arrive ask to speak to the on duty FDNS officer.

FDNS.......Fraud Detection & National Security Directorate. This is the Department within USCIS that will investigate individual marriage fraud/ visa fraud cases/ false VAWA claims.

This department is within USCIS, that several years ago was "upgraded" to the directorate level in order to combat small scale fraud within the system, the FDNS does not conduct interviews for green cards, that is for the IO's in each office, what FDNS will do is work with the IO's and ICE and any DHS officers and local law enforcement. To give you a hint how overwhelmed the system is the are three officers assigned to the South Texas Area ( this line is from Del Rio all the way to Houston almost) these officers function with a crushing workload . They will come down and listen to what you have to say and take notes.

Please note do not waste people's time with a bitterness and just go in there and vent...take PROOF, from a outside source or from the police or a court official, something someone can pick up the phone and confirm.

After you see this officer, they either will or will not have a investigation, you will never know, if proof is provided they will look into it. Also, to some folks it is like I told them why will they not come and get my ex spouse and send her home? There is not a immigrant bus that runs around and knocks on doors and the USCIS driver says "Okay, time to go home" It can take up to a year to deport/remove your immigrant ex-spouse (with appeals).

Also do not call back and ask for a update according to the Privacy Act of 1974 they are not allowed to discuss your ex spouses case with you, her green card is not between you, her and the government it is between her and the government, it is the immigrant's green card.

A bad or rough marriage that is terminated does not mean you are a victim of fraud, it means there was a bad marriage, USC's please ALWAYS think, your spouse is under a horrible amount of strain, make new friends, no family, maybe lost expectations, twisted thinking, and to top it all off you are fighting with the person you depend on for support, PLEASE I ask all USC's if your marriage is in trouble or a divorce is filed please, get to a marriage consular ASAP. (if they will go) (even if your spouse is cheating the marriage can still be saved in my thoughts).

Reporting a false VAWA claim or blocking a false VAWA claim is very hard but can be done. Once again you must have proof. If there is a police report written that shows you the USC as the aggressive party more than likely there is a claim. Always remember there is many different kinds of abuse out there some immigrant spouse's here have been victims of physical abuse, and there is just cause for the claim, some it is mental abuse or emotional abuse. Please, note to any USC that files with USCIS to block these claims they are not criminal complaints against you, it is a administrative process, if it was criminal you could face the accuser in a court of law (this is a constitutional right), which is why USCIS makes this administrative in nature. I am sure there are many spouses that will back up the claim a VAWA process is not easy and it takes a LONG time to do and the immigrant is in "limbo", is the system abused...yes but claims take so long to adjudicate that VAWA IO's look for ANY proof of fraud or a false claim, I think most of the lady's on VAWA part 4 will say almost all of them get some kind of RFE. IMHO some of the women are abused simply because their USC spouse does not want to get them a green card to keep control (USC please, even of the marriage is rough, get the green card, your immigrant spouse should be allowed a stable safe environment to live and not having a green card could be very scary).

I urge and USC's that are filing this type of claim to be very careful and do not act out of emotion and look long and hard over the course of your marriage and think to decide weather you have been "duped". Do some immigrants come here and abuse the system...yes are they caught? sometimes yes and sometimes no.

An example I use to work in a bar where a lot of IO's used to come in and relax, there was a story I overheard them talking about, A lady from Russia moved here 18 years ago and recently was just sent back to Russia, why? Fraud at the inception of marriage for the purpose to gain immigration benefits, she was put in jail and put on the next full plane back to Russia. 18 years well it took awhile and it is not like I heard the story you could hear the whispers around the table. The system works smile.png

Also I ask if you know of any human smuggling or any time of activity that involves human trafficking to notify ICE ASAP, call you local office or 1 866 DHS 2 ICE. Help stop this from happening.

One last thing USC's the chances of being taken to federal court under the I864 are very small, this form is used in a few states as a bar for spousal support. But always remember it takes a special degree or permit to practice law on the federal level, one case out of Florida Federal Court (Winters v Winters) rejected the federal case stating that these type of cases belong on the state court level.

I hope this is helpful to people:)

Thank you very much for sharing this valuable information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** One inflammatory, off-topic post removed; and 17 "bump" posts hidden, as "thread-clutter." Apparently no other solution to keeping thread on page 1 of forum than to post "bump" -- of course, it would be preferable to post substantial information. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Wow I guess I should consider myself lucky. I sponsored this girl from the Dominican Republic on a K1 visa after knowing her for over 4 years, supporting her and her child financially. After bringing her to the USA (long story will make it short) she changed and wanted to visit her friends in another far away state. She left me and in a month returned back to me since I think she knew she had to marry me or would not be able to stay. Well, her impatience got the best of her and she started to fight with me physically hoping I would hit her. I never did but she filed a false domestice violence police report which I ended up in jail. It took a month but the prosecutor to drop ALL the charges against me. In that time she filed a ''restraining order'' from the state she was ''partying'' in with her friends. Later on those charges were dropped also. Her downfall was that she put on the ''restraining order'' that we are married,,,,which we are not lying on a state of New Jersey document! I can see her friends are counseling and setting her up to get her visa via the VAWA provision. I hope USCIS can see this when she files for her green card and deny her the papers.

From what I read above I guess I am very lucky I did not marry this girl. Thanks for the above information also. I just have a bad feeling in a few months I will have to be asked to appear in a court testifying, as I hope she will be caught and deported. I want to see her deported as this fine country of ours do not need these type of characters living among us. Good luck to all of you! Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for personal attack - clutter also removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

*** Several "bump" posts removed, as thread-clutter. ***

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 month later...
Timeline

*** Several more "bump" posts removed, as thread-clutter. ***

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What about a person on a tourist visa working in the USA? What's the possible case for the person? TIA

Visa Category: F2A

Lockbox: Chicago Lockbox

USCIS Service Center: California Service Center

I-130 Sent: November 5, 2013

NOA 1: November 8, 2013

NOA 2: February 5, 2014

Date Received by NVC: February 15, 2014

Case Number and IIN: April 2, 2014

DS-261/AOS Invoice Email: February 19, 2015

Paid AOS Fee: February 21, 2015

What about a person on a tourist visa working in the USA? What's the possible case for the person? TIA

General Illegal Activity

Call 1-800-BE-ALERT

Illegal Aliens

If you would like to report illegal aliens, please call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423). They will need to know names, locations (either work place or residence) and any other specific information you can provide. Visitwww.ice.gov for more information.

or

http://www.ice.gov/exec/forms/hsi-tips/tips.asp

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

General Illegal Activity

Call 1-800-BE-ALERT

Illegal Aliens

If you would like to report illegal aliens, please call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423). They will need to know names, locations (either work place or residence) and any other specific information you can provide. Visitwww.ice.gov for more information.

or

http://www.ice.gov/exec/forms/hsi-tips/tips.asp

good.gif

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.