Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2013

960 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Just checking in. This is my first post. I've been in NVC since 13 April 2013, reading this treads since May. We already sent our documents, receive AOS Checklist 17 June, mailed the correct one 19 June. So we are waiting for Case complete.

We request expedite but they didn't approve. I am pregnant. My due date is 28 September.

If somebody has ideas on our case can write me, please, because we are on the edge, don't know what to do anymore and my due date is coming very soon.

You can see our timeline for details.

Thanks!!!!

I gather your IV package has already been accepted? And you are just waiting for approval of AOS. Because of your checklist you delayed yourself quite a bit.

A case complete by month end will put you in the interview queue for September. There never is a guarantee that means you get an interview since we have no idea how many are in queue ahead of you.

Right now your focus has to be to get AOS accepted and case Complete.

Now once you get your interview and your case arrives at embassy you can always request an earlier interview date through embassy. Sometimes you get lucky and they can accommodate your request.

So keep hope alive and stay positive.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Pregnancy normally is not a reason to expedite.

Remember that after getting your visa you have 6 months from either the interview date or medical date (check with your consulate/embassy to see which it is and refer to your visa in your passport) to immigrate to the USA. Having a baby in the USA is NOT cheap and medical plans rarely add women who are already pregnant. (currently... that should be changing) Research your options! :) I hope you all have healthy and happy children. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks for the advices!

I am waiting for this Case Complete, it's just so long ...

Otherwise my husband is in the army so having the baby there is not a problem.

I hope this coming week makes all of us happy!

Filed: Timeline

My husband is in US. I am going to join him. I am now filling the DS-260 form. I wont submit till tomorrow night or Monday morning.

Is your spouse immigrating to US with you? YES or NO

NO. He is there.

Then,

Is your spouse immigrating to US at a later date to join you? YES or NO

NO. He is there.

Am I correct in answering these? Sorry to bother you all. Thank you.

Another question again. SOrry guys.

Do you have documentations to established that you have received vaccinations in accordance with US law? YES or NO

YES. I updated all my vaccines and ready to bring for my medical. And my medical will be the supporting documents for this.

Am I correct?

Your spouse wouldn't be immigrating with you anyhow, he's a USC, and USC's do not immigrate to the USA.

And if you have the documents showing you have your vaccinations the answer is yes. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Just checking in. This is my first post. I've been in NVC since 13 April 2013, reading this treads since May. We already sent our documents, receive AOS Checklist 17 June, mailed the correct one 19 June. So we are waiting for Case complete.

We request expedite but they didn't approve. I am pregnant. My due date is 28 September.

If somebody has ideas on our case can write me, please, because we are on the edge, don't know what to do anymore and my due date is coming very soon.

You can see our timeline for details.

Thanks!!!!

Our due date is not far from each other, I'm due 1st wk of Oct (could be closer tho!)

Is your husband military? Mine is, and he included a letter from his CO supporting his request for an expedite. I also included a letter from my doctor, as well as the letter we sent to the congressman and senator. I'm not sure how we got expedited, maybe the senator's office helped since the assistant did call and ask my husband for more info.

Before I left the US, we went to see our panel doctor so I'm already on their medical records etc, which means no problems when it comes to delivering in the US.

PM me if you'd like more details, I totally understand how you feel. Just thinking about delivering away from my husband is enough to stress me.

Timeline

Pregnancy normally is not a reason to expedite.

Remember that after getting your visa you have 6 months from either the interview date or medical date (check with your consulate/embassy to see which it is and refer to your visa in your passport) to immigrate to the USA. Having a baby in the USA is NOT cheap and medical plans rarely add women who are already pregnant. (currently... that should be changing) Research your options! smile.png I hope you all have healthy and happy children. smile.png

My husband was concerned about me delivering in Malaysia. I think the image he has of a Msian hospital is a small thatched roof little hut with a witch doctor ready to assist delivering the baby! Silly man. We actually have quite modern facilities here at our hospitals, and the cost would definitely be cheaper than in the US smile.png

Edited by JP and Tee

My husband was concerned about me delivering in Malaysia. I think the image he has of a Msian hospital is a small thatched roof little hut with a witch doctor ready to assist delivering the baby! Silly man. We actually have quite modern facilities here at our hospitals, and the cost would definitely be cheaper than in the US smile.png

You're a bit different being from a military household. The USA is always, and rightfully so, proud of their serving military and veterans. My husband is a USAF veteran. :)

Looks the the other poster has a husband in the army. Co Springs - He must be at Fort Carson. :) I don't live too far.

Timeline

You're a bit different being from a military household. The USA is always, and rightfully so, proud of their serving military and veterans. My husband is a USAF veteran. smile.png

Looks the the other poster has a husband in the army. Co Springs - He must be at Fort Carson. smile.png I don't live too far.

We used to be based in Ft Carson. I miss COS. It's a beautiful place. Seeing the Royal Gorge burnt down after the fire was real sad, we visited the bridge a couple years ago :(

Your spouse wouldn't be immigrating with you anyhow, he's a USC, and USC's do not immigrate to the USA.

And if you have the documents showing you have your vaccinations the answer is yes. smile.png

Thank you so much, Niki. I just double checked and he will check for me tomorrow. Then, we will submit tomorrow night or Monday morning. Supporting documents will be followed. Thanks again.

Edited by sweety-sweet

Because any vaccinations you are missing will be obtained at the medical just mark yes.

You do not need to send anything regarding vaccinations with the DS-260

It was a ####### for me to fill out... I've moved 18 times since I was 16 and it doesn't ask for addresses only after 6 months like the DS-230, but every EXACT address. Thankfully they changed it to month/year thought. I had to write down my mom's address 5 times after staying there a month or so.... It was my basic home address which was the reason I put it down.

Edited by NikiR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Quick question: I sent a package to NVC yesterday via USPS to be delivered on Monday (2nd day Overnight express mail service) but unfortunately, USPS attempted to deliver the package today saturday and NVC is closed. I am wondering if usps will attempt delivery again on monday, or if NVC will go to the post office to pick it since they left a note for them. I am freaking out now. Thanks!

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Quick question: I sent a package to NVC yesterday via USPS to be delivered on Monday (2nd day Overnight express mail service) but unfortunately, USPS attempted to deliver the package today saturday and NVC is closed. I am wondering if usps will attempt delivery again on monday, or if NVC will go to the post office to pick it since they left a note for them. I am freaking out now. Thanks!

They should reattempt Monday. I think you only have to pick up a package if you fail to receive it the 2nd/3rd attempt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

They should reattempt Monday. I think you only have to pick up a package if you fail to receive it the 2nd/3rd attempt

Thank you, and i hope that is the case. When i checked the status via their phone system, they said i have to schedule a re-delivery. I went online but it didnt work for. I dont understand why government agencies are full of BS. Scheduled delivery date is 7/8,and i dont understand why they attempted it on 7/6. Its a response to a last minute RFE. Keeping my fingers crossed.

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.