Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2013

960 posts in this topic

Sent it just now. Received the auto response. Hope things will go well soon.

Update - we paid our IV bill on last Sunday, June 30. It showed PAID this afternoon and DS-260 is ready almost the same time. I will fill this on weekend and will submit. On Monday, I will scan all the supporting documents and will email them. This time, I will open my eyes widely to check the numbers. Wish and pray hard to get the visa by end of Aug.

Thank you so much for all your help, Niki. God bless you and all VJ members.

You're getting close to the end :-) I remember how exciting it was but also how annoying it was to wait 2 weeks from case complete to intervirw date assigned because I finished up mid month.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You could have told them that you will provide PCC at consulate. Would have saved at least month. It will be hard to get July interview as they are taking at least 2 weeks to review any documents you send. I am waiting for IV to be accepted. I sent it on 13th. I am looking at early AUG.

Was there a reason why you were unable to get a PCC? I'm working on the AOS / IV packet and just going through the list...Did you ( i meant your spouse) have any trouble getting a PCC in India? What type of documentation did you provide in lieu of PCC

Thanks..

USCIS (142 days)
2013-01-25 - Sent I-130 to chicago lockbox
2013-01-28 - NOA1 (case at MSC)
2013-06-21 - NOA2

NVC (____ days)
2013-07-08 - NVC received case

2013-07-11 - IIN assigned
2013-07-17 - DS3032 email sent
2013-07-19 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

2013-07-23 - AOS packet sent
2013-07-28 - DS3032 accepted
2013-08-04 - IV bill invoiced and paid
2013-08-07 - IV packet sent (from India)
2013-09-10 - Case complete

2013-10-01 - Interview scheduled

Consulate
2013-XX-XX - Medical

2013-11-15 - Interview
2013-XX-XX - Visa in hand
2013-XX-XX - POE (Houston, TX)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Was there a reason why you were unable to get a PCC? I'm working on the AOS / IV packet and just going through the list...Did you ( i meant your spouse) have any trouble getting a PCC in India? What type of documentation did you provide in lieu of PCC

Thanks..

I wanted to get PCC after NOA2 and in Gujarat they need documents from NVC which specifically mention PCC which can come at later stage and that can delay whole process, so initially they declined to issue PCC but then after few try we were successful.

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

HI everyone,

Would like to share our experience, hopefully it'll be useful to others in the same predicament.

We requested an expedite due:

- our file was lost between USCIS/NVC, which set us back a good one month (still better compared to others whom I've read experienced a wait time longer than ours)

- i'm pregnant and will probably won't be able to fly if we wait out the normal processing time

Our request was granted and the file was sent to the US Embassy in KL on Friday. I tracked it on DHL using a tip shared by a VJ member and it was received by an embassy staff on Tuesday, July 2 2013.

At the same time, my husband sent an email to the embassy asking what we should do next. They replied and said they haven't received our file yet and to wait for further instructions.

I then contacted the panel clinic in Penang and asked if I could arrange for a medical exam. The doctor said they wouldn't do it unless I have an interview date and the letter as well and that it would take 4 days to have the results. I find that emailing get better results as my phone calls went unanswered. The doctor is rather nice, answered my emails and said I could arrange for an appointment as soon as I get my interview letter since they normally won't do one since the med exam results are only valid for 6 months.

On July 3, I emailed the embassy and asked for an expedite, since I'm hoping to get everything settled by the end of July so I can fly still. I also asked for an electronic copy of the interview letter as I've read that some people never got the interview letter when it was sent out in the mail, so I requested for it to be sent both via email and normal post.

We didn't hear anything as July 4th was a day off, but on July 5th, I received an email from the US Embassy KL with:

We have received your file but there is information or forms to confirm on completion of documents. Please confirm as mentioned in the attachment. Please provide your phone number too.

They sent me a checklist and asked me to send that as well as the Form DS230 WITHOUT ANY PHOTOCOPIES/ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. So I filled up the forms and ticked all the boxes indicating we already have all the necessary documents, then rushed to the post office to mail them using fastest mail service available! I emailed the Embassy back, informing that I'd mailed them out and provided my phone number as well.

Around 430pm July 5 2013, I received a phone call from a lady working at the Consular Section, asking me if I have all the documents needed for the interview. I told her I have:

- birth cert (petitioner and beneficiary)

- marriage cert

- passport bio page

- police cert from Australia & Cert of Good Conduct from Malaysia

- husband's divorce decree

- evidence of support

She asked when i got my police certs and I said the Aussie one in Aug 2012, and Malaysian one in Sept 2012. She said that should be fine as they're valid for a year. I was told by another VJer (who got the info from the Min Of Foreign Affairs staff) that the Msian COGC is only valid for 3 months, which made me worried coz it took 2 months to get it!

Since I haven't had my med exam, getting a date next week is kind of pushing it. A friend suggested I do the interview first and send the med exam results later, but some of the documents are still with my husband and he's mailing it to me tomorrow so we're more comfortable with waiting for a later date. The lady told me she'd send me the interview letter once she receives my letter so I could get my med exam done.

She then asked what date I'd like for my interview and I said any date in July would be great since I'm planning to leave by the end of July (hopefully no complications!). She said they have no availability and that Aug 1st would be the best date, which is fine with me! Sure, I'd love to get a July date but it's definitely better than September!

So now, the only thing I need to do now is the medical exam then the interview. Some members suggested getting the vaccinations done before while you're waiting for your interview letter (and I was contemplating that as well), but later on glad I didn't as I found out I didn't need to do them all before my POE. I was also told by the panel doctor I wouldn't need to get any vaccinations since I'm pregnant. Some of them can be done in the US once you've arrived so I think that's what we're going to do (especially after the doctor confirmed and said I needn't any except the tetanus shot I got at the prenatal clinic a couple weeks ago).

So there you have it.

Thank you everyone at VJ for sharing your experiences. I hope my lengthy explanation has helped some!

Edited by JP and Tee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Called the NVC today and they said all 3 cases were completed this morning! Since I have an approved expedite, I already scheduled the interview directly with the embassy. Do you think the file will be shipped out today? I asked the NVC operator and he said he doesn't know.

DoS Hotline will know a bit more, but wait a week (so says me)

when you hear of timetick 'casefile opened' at the DoS Hotline, then Manila IV has gotten the casefile, logged the casefile, and opened the casefile.

Once Manila IV has opened the casefile, THEN (and only then) are you eligible to get on the calendar for scheduling.

You can also set up an account at ustraveldocs.com and play around with appointment scheduling online - some folk with expedited cases (from NVC to Manila IV) have gotten lucky this year and were able to self-schedule.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

(DoS # in my profile, all the way at the bottom - click the girls, have a read)

---

sorry, i reread yer stuff.

New Opinion

Since you already have an interview scheduled - don't sweat the casefile movement from NVC to Manila IV - as it'll get out the door and into their hands within 10 calendar days..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Crikey - no one got scheduled this week, at all? yikes.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Crikey - no one got scheduled this week, at all? yikes.

for an interview? I got Aug 1 as my tentative interview date. But we got expedited so that's probably not the normal route :s

Timeline

you don't count, lass.

pregnant women with expedites and NO NVC Scheduling simply don't count.

sorry..

-=-=-=--=

I know yer ecstatic - I would be also, in the same scenario, but no, I'm asking about 'normal' scheduling bits - yer not 'normal' at all.

Timeline

you don't count, lass.

pregnant women with expedites and NO NVC Scheduling simply don't count.

sorry..

-=-=-=--=

I know yer ecstatic - I would be also, in the same scenario, but no, I'm asking about 'normal' scheduling bits - yer not 'normal' at all.

I know what you mean. Honestly I didn't think our request would be granted and was ready to forget about plans of going back to my husband at least for a few months, but hopefully there won't be any problems after this. We applied in Aug 2012 and I thought it'd be done by now...

I know what you mean. Honestly I didn't think our request would be granted and was ready to forget about plans of going back to my husband at least for a few months, but hopefully there won't be any problems after this. We applied in Aug 2012 and I thought it'd be done by now...

I'm glad you're almost done!

When is your due date? When you book your flight make sure you know when the cut off date is for the airline to allow pregnant women to fly! They have different rules per airline.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I'm glad you're almost done!

When is your due date? When you book your flight make sure you know when the cut off date is for the airline to allow pregnant women to fly! They have different rules per airline.

Thanks! I'm due first week of Oct, and my doctor will provide me with a doctor's note/cert saying I am fit to travel. I'd be in my 32nd week or so, and I've checked. So far most airlines still let 32 weeks pregnant ladies on the flight, provided there's a dr's note w the due date and all. I'm hoping that'd be the case when I fly home. Hopefully there won't be any problem at the interview/with our packet!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Just checking in. This is my first post. I've been in NVC since 13 April 2013, reading this treads since May. We already sent our documents, receive AOS Checklist 17 June, mailed the correct one 19 June. So we are waiting for Case complete.

We request expedite but they didn't approve. I am pregnant. My due date is 28 September.

If somebody has ideas on our case can write me, please, because we are on the edge, don't know what to do anymore and my due date is coming very soon.

You can see our timeline for details.

Thanks!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Just checking in. This is my first post. I've been in NVC since 13 April 2013, reading this treads since May. We already sent our documents, receive AOS Checklist 17 June, mailed the correct one 19 June. So we are waiting for Case complete.

We request expedite but they didn't approve. I am pregnant. My due date is 28 September.

If somebody has ideas on our case can write me, please, because we are on the edge, don't know what to do anymore and my due date is coming very soon.

You can see our timeline for details.

Thanks!!!!

Can I ask why your expedite didn't get approved?

DoS Hotline will know a bit more, but wait a week (so says me)

when you hear of timetick 'casefile opened' at the DoS Hotline, then Manila IV has gotten the casefile, logged the casefile, and opened the casefile.

Once Manila IV has opened the casefile, THEN (and only then) are you eligible to get on the calendar for scheduling.

You can also set up an account at ustraveldocs.com and play around with appointment scheduling online - some folk with expedited cases (from NVC to Manila IV) have gotten lucky this year and were able to self-schedule.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

(DoS # in my profile, all the way at the bottom - click the girls, have a read)

---

sorry, i reread yer stuff.

New Opinion

Since you already have an interview scheduled - don't sweat the casefile movement from NVC to Manila IV - as it'll get out the door and into their hands within 10 calendar days..

Thanks a lot for the info Darnell! You and the rest of the folks on Visa Journey are awesome!

I'll follow up with the NVC Monday evening to see if the case gets out the door. Then, I'll call the DoS hotline Friday July 12th to confirm receipt of the case in Manila.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.