10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

What kind of documents should I send with my forms? I have,

-bank statements

-lease of our apartment

-car insurance cards

-health insurance cards

Are this extra documents enough or should I send something else?

Help!

Thanks in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

check http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307-applying-for-aos-in-the-usa/ for the complete list of what youll need.

AOS FROM F1

Met -January 8th, 2011

Married - February 1st, 2013

5/29/2013 - Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

6/03/2013 - Package Received.

6/06/2013 - Check Cashed.

6/07/2013 - Receipt Date on NOAs - Transferred to National Benefits Center.

6/11/2013 - Received Hard copy NOAs.

6/14/2013 - Biometrics Appointment Notice.

7/08/2013 - Biometrics Done and Successful in Baltimore.

7/17/2013 - I-485 status updated to "Testing and Interview".

8/07/2013 - Interview Notice Received.(online/text).

8/08/2013 - Interview Notice Received.(Mail).

8/09/2013 - EAD Approved.

8/17/2013 - EAD Received.

8/22/2013 - SSC Received.

9/12/2013 - AOS Interview - Further Review needed.

10/03/2013 - AOS APPROVED!!!
10/15/2013 - GC Received.

.....till 2015.

30/09/2015 - Mailed ROC Package to Vermont Lockbox

09/11/2015 - Biometrics Taken in Baltimore

19/08/2016 - RFE received

12/10/2016 - RFE response package sent.

04/11/2016 - ROC APPROVED!!!

25/11/2016 - GC Received.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would check the guides in VJ, online at USCIS, see WIKI in Vj and read up in the I485 forum. Anything and everything that applies to your marriage put it a box, keep a register and then it is in one place for your filing.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

are you AOS from K1 or other form of visa? if from K1 we didn't send any joint accts info and only brought them to interview and gave to IO then. Pretty much read each direction for each form and you should be ok...can't say i remember exactly what each forms need. others probably can help better here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

are you AOS from K1 or other form of visa? if from K1 we didn't send any joint accts info and only brought them to interview and gave to IO then. Pretty much read each direction for each form and you should be ok...can't say i remember exactly what each forms need. others probably can help better here.

we also didn't send any kind of proof of our ongoing relationship besides the items requested and I was approved without interview (k1 visa also)

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

What kind of documents should I send with my forms? I have,

-bank statements

-lease of our apartment

-car insurance cards

-health insurance cards

Are this extra documents enough or should I send something else?

Help!

Thanks in advance!

timeline.gif . We did have a tax return and included that along with a couple of pictures from the courthouse wedding as we were adjusting from a K-1. I am assuming that you are adjusting because of marriage to a USC so I would include the Marriage Certificate. I also included my employer's benefits showing her as emergency contract and beneficiary. We had an interview that went very smoothly.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS Family Based to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist- OP also filing I-130 ~

You need evidence of relationship with the I-130. Check out this guide> http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Yes, I'm adjusting status because of marriage, we got married on 2011, but I'm here with a U visa. So I don't know if it would be the same as K-1. We are filling an I-130 I just want to make sure if we have to send proof that we live together with the forms or should I wait until they set an interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is not quite the same for a K-1. Those adjusting from a K-1 do not file an I-130 or send evidence of relationship. The link I posted above to the guide lists what to send as relationship evidence with the I-130.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.