lubnajavid

Payment of 165USD IV fee via USCIS - ELIS

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does our spouse need to print the case update for POE? Thanks.

USCIS

10/04/2012-USCIS Received date/ Priority date

02/16/2013-NOA 2: APPROVED

02/19/2013-NOA 2: Notice Date

02/22/2013-Hard copy NOA2 received

NVC

03/04/2013 or 03/08/2013-NVC Received

03/22/2013-NVC Case Number

03/25/2013-Sent DS-3032 emailed

03/27/2013-DS-3032 Accepted

03/26/2013-Received I-864 Bill

03/26/2013-Paid & Mailed I-864

03/28/2013-I-864 Packet received at NVC

03/29/2013-I-864 Showing PAID

03/28/2013-Received IV Bill

03/28/2013-IV Bill PAID & Mailed

03/30/2013-IV Showing PAID

04/01/2013-IV Packet received at NVC

04/09/2013-I-864 Accepted

04/12/2013-IV Accepted

04/12/2013-Case Completed at NVC

Embassy

05/08/2013-Embassy Received

05/23/2013-Medical

06/06/2013-Interview Date-APPROVED

06/22/2013-POE-CALIFORNIA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've been trying to pay this ^&*( fee for 2 hours now. I finally figured out that you have to add a "0" to the alien number or keeps saying "invalid". Finally the form advanced to the next stage, then waited for a long time and announced an error, something

like "problem with request". I logged out, and logged back in, and tried it again. Now it says "you have to finish your draft request", and there is no other option. Hit "finish draft", and you get an incomprehensible error message.

Tried again, now it says "your account has been locked".

I spent 1 HOUR WAITING ON HOLD FOR HELP and finally gave up.

What IDIOT did they get to program this thing? I'll bet they paid double the going rate for some contractor that paid a larger

bribe than the rest to get the job. Unbelievable.

Oh yea, and for extra credit, they told me on the phone that THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO PAY THE FEE except this stupid system.

Scott

Edited by samiam95124

And then I get back in again, only to see "account locked" yet again.

Really tired of this.

Scott

I sent them an email asking them to unlock the account and it was unlocked next day. Just leave it for the night is what I suggest and try again tomorrow after sending the email.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I sent them an email asking them to unlock the account and it was unlocked next day. Just leave it for the night is what I suggest and try again tomorrow after sending the email.

So after trying over and over again for several hours, I think I can tell you how the process works. The site says "you account is locked", but if you wait, it seems about 10-15 minutes, you find that it is ok to access again, but they have invalidated your password. You have to reset the password to get back in.

Since it does not like you using the same password again, you have to change it, even if that was only 15 minutes ago you created the last one.

The reason I go into this is that the site has been crashing and dying of late in the middle of trying to get something done, as others here have mentioned. Taking a whole day to ask permission, then trying it again is a great way to make the process take weeks.

Right now, my request on the site is simply wedged (stuck). Each time I log in it tells me I have a pending, unfinished request, and won't let me do anything else. When I try to complete the "draft", it crashes. I'll call them tomorrow and try to get them to reset it.

Scott

Mine still says pending is which annoying. I POE'd on the 10th, paid the fee on the 4th... Maybe the POE is slow at sending paperwork. /sighs

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@NikiR - after paying the fee, you received two emails correct? payment confirmation and case status update?

did you receive anything else via email or mail (post) relating to the fee you paid?

what did you take with you to POE to prove you had paid?

thanks!

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

I didn't take anything to the POE to prove I'd paid. You don't need to because you don't have to pay the fee before you POE. They send my "do not open" package to the USCIS and they relate my Alien numbers so that I can get the green card.

He did say it would take 6-8 weeks to get the green card. I found I can update all my information on my profile but it's for updating an non-immigrant visa so I didn't continue. If I don't have my green card by the end of August I'll call them and figure out what's going on. I try to let people do their job before beating on doors.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks - just trying to understand what i should expect as far as proof of payment.

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Mine still says pending is which annoying. I POE'd on the 10th, paid the fee on the 4th... Maybe the POE is slow at sending paperwork. /sighs

This actually makes me feel a bit better. We paid the fee on May 30th, and POE'd on June 11th, and there has still been no update. Guess I'm just being a little impatient. tongue_ss.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

So yesterday I waited 1 hour on hold for ELIS service guys (they have their own hold queue) to fix this, and gave up.

Today I just called them, their automated system says the hold time will be 1000 minutes! No I am not making this up.

That is 16 hours by my calculation. I choose the callback option, lets see if that works.

The system (my account with elis) is still broken. It just says "you have to finish your draft", then when I try that button,

their system crashes and gives me a nonsense error (about 7 lines of spagetti). I even tried registering under another

email account, but it says "that alien number is already registered here". Grrrrrr.

Scott

Timeline

Today waited another hour using the "callback" system. It doesn't work. They call you back and put you on hold again.

Their system appears to have collapsed at this point.

Has anyone found a way to pay the fee outside of the ELIS system? Anyone know what happens if you can't pay it?

My wife does not get her green card? Or?

Scott

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.