Naddy&Mikey

Issues with USCIS ELIS - Paying immigrant fee

26 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's just me or if the websites down, but for the last few hours I have been trying to pay the $165 immigrant fee on the USCIS ELIS website. I have created an account and done everything it's asked. When I sign in it goes to a page where it's meant to say "step-by-step Online Application" and then from the drop down menu your meant to select "USCIS Immigrant Fee". No where on the page does it give me this option. I don't know what to do? Is there any other way of paying this fee other than online?

post-146968-0-55633000-1371404484_thumb.png

try another browser perhaps

I tried another browser, it didn't work!

You have to click apply online on the left and then it will give you the option in a drop down menu to pay the immigrant fee

I clicked apply online and it still shows a blank screen

Mine isn't working either and I've tried in IE and chrome.

Atleast it's not just me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what 'status' did you select as 'you' ??

i can't remember the choices, but you might want to create a new account, and select an option that reflects the visa holder, not an agent, not an attorney.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

what 'status' did you select as 'you' ??

i can't remember the choices, but you might want to create a new account, and select an option that reflects the visa holder, not an agent, not an attorney.

I chose the Applicant (Apply benefit for myself) tab.....So I'm sure I selected the right one because the only other option was for a person of legal standing....

I'm just thinking the site is down!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya - maybe that's it , really?

there's probably some back end database that's busted, or the connection to it is busted.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ya - maybe that's it , really?

there's probably some back end database that's busted, or the connection to it is busted.

I'm hoping that's the case Darnell. I just wonder if there's another way of paying this fee other than the website? Just so frustrating when you want to get another part of the process out of the way & something out of your control stops you from progressing...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks for the post - glad I am not the only one - seeing the same result as you...time to wait til tomorrow I guess :( frustrating when the all youre trying to do is GIVE them money :)

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

wow what a relief...wow.gif thought i was the only one.i have been trying for the past few days

I've been trying for a few days too. I just went on the website again to see if it was up and running and unfortunately it's not sad.png When are they going to fix the darn thing?????

Timeline

just tried now 950am central US time - and the drop downs and other parts of the website are visible!

I'm going to try and pay in a little while - but thought id share this!

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Timeline

update - was able to complete my payment :) all is good now :) received a pay.gov email and another email about case status update....

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.