LC2016

tourist visa while filing for CR1??

14 posts in this topic

Timeline

Ok so my husband and I have been married for 2 months now and are currently in the process of finishing the I-130 forms. Now we are wondering if he does apply for a tourist visa in Colombia (home country) will that hurt our I-130 process. The reason he wants to do that is because we have both come to realize that the process might take longer and well obviously with me working and not having a vacation until December he would like to come and visit as often as possible, as well as being able to spends our 1st holidays together.

Also I am aware that if he did that then he would need a letter from a USC what does the letter have to say and can I write one inviting him to the states? ?? Sorry we're just wanting to spend more time togather than just 3 weeks out of the year cray5ol.gifsad.png

ob5fqt98.png

Filed: Timeline

It should not, but he has to be honest & not lie about

anything....he will need to prove his visit wont turn

into a permanent situation, showing ties to his country

job letter,,lease, contracts for stuff he maybe involved

with or business ( still not a great chance if being petitioned)

no harm in trying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok so my husband and I have been married for 2 months now and are currently in the process of finishing the I-130 forms. Now we are wondering if he does apply for a tourist visa in Colombia (home country) will that hurt our I-130 process. The reason he wants to do that is because we have both come to realize that the process might take longer and well obviously with me working and not having a vacation until December he would like to come and visit as often as possible, as well as being able to spends our 1st holidays together.

Also I am aware that if he did that then he would need a letter from a USC what does the letter have to say and can I write one inviting him to the states? ?? Sorry we're just wanting to spend more time togather than just 3 weeks out of the year cray5ol.gifsad.png

What letter? There's no letter fro USCIS. many of our love ones try for Tourist Visas during the process. Do as previous stated and show strong ties to his country to show he will return. Doesn't hurt your I-130 petition.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

It should not, but he has to be honest & not lie about

anything....he will need to prove his visit wont turn

into a permanent situation, showing ties to his country

job letter,,lease, contracts for stuff he maybe involved

with or business ( still not a great chance if being petitioned)

no harm in trying.

We didn't think that it would harm anything also just didn't want to take a chance. :) thank you for you help

ob5fqt98.png

Timeline

What letter? There's no letter fro USCIS. many of our love ones try for Tourist Visas during the process. Do as previous stated and show strong ties to his country to show he will return. Doesn't hurt your I-130 petition.

Well we were told that it had to be like and invitation letter so that they know where they will be staying and such., not really sure though. I should get a more detailed conversation with my hubby soon. But thanks we'll try and see what happens. We have strong faith that it will be what God wants it to be. =) Thanks for all your help

ob5fqt98.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well we were told that it had to be like and invitation letter so that they know where they will be staying and such., not really sure though. I should get a more detailed conversation with my hubby soon. But thanks we'll try and see what happens. We have strong faith that it will be what God wants it to be. =) Thanks for all your help

I am sorry I saw USC and thought you were saying a letter from USCIS. Sorry

Yes invitation letter some have but more is the evidence he has to show he has strong ties.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Hi all,

I have the same question. First just want to tell about our story. I'm beneficeary waiting my NOA2 in my country it's gonna be 6 months soon since my husband filed I130, he is living and working in US. We have 1 y.o. Baby, she is USC too but living with me. My question is after getting i130 approved can I and my daughter visit my husband coz he really missed our daughter and CR1 can take 1 year which is

hard to handle to my hubby far from his small

kid. I read a lot about ties to living country but I don't have any of them, I don't have job coz taking care my baby and totally depend on my USC husband, no own house(staying with my parents) no car. Please can you tell me how are my chances to get B2 visitor visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

I have the same question. First just want to tell about our story. I'm beneficeary waiting my NOA2 in my country it's gonna be 6 months soon since my husband filed I130, he is living and working in US. We have 1 y.o. Baby, she is USC too but living with me. My question is after getting i130 approved can I and my daughter visit my husband coz he really missed our daughter and CR1 can take 1 year which is

hard to handle to my hubby far from his small

kid. I read a lot about ties to living country but I don't have any of them, I don't have job coz taking care my baby and totally depend on my USC husband, no own house(staying with my parents) no car. Please can you tell me how are my chances to get B2 visitor visa?

Your husband's petition should be approved any day now.

Seems weird that it's taking THIS long.

Has he been in contact with his congressman to get a status?

oldlady.gif

Not yet just he is waiting until it'll pass 6 months because when he called USCIS IO said that the normal timeframe for i130 is 6 months now and we should wait. That's why I wish to visit my husband coz nobody knows how long the whole case will take :(

And KDH how do you think if I apply for visitor visa without any ties to my country .. ?

Your husband's petition should be approved any day now.

Seems weird that it's taking THIS long.

Has he been in contact with his congressman to get a status?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can certainly apply for a Visitor Visa, the child of course does not need one.

The ties are required to increase the likelihood of get one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

This is great stuff you guys. I ran across it the other day and have been looking for it like crazy ever since. My husband and I have not even started filing the I-130 yet. Will do so at the end of July. I am two months pregnant and returning to the US in July. We don't want to be apart during the pregnancy and delivery. The only thing is that our business here in Uganda isn't registered, and we are leaving our leased apartment at the end of this month to save money, so we won't have that lease any more either. He has already been denied the visitor's visa once before.

Do you guys think if we register the business it will be enough, or since he was denied, there is not much of a chance. We really need good advice, since we are already very strapped for cash, and if someone honestly thinks it wouldn't be approved, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks so much to this whole community!

Amelia

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Once a person had been denied a visitor visa, the success of a subsequent application requires a stronger showing of strong ties to home to overcome the presumption of illegal immigration.

With you pregnant and returning to the US, his ties to home are weaken and his ties to the US increases.

Registration of the business will not likely matter since he will be selling it or shutting it down in a year when he immigrates to the US. It's not a particularly strong tie.

He should apply, but don't get your hopes up when he already has a visitor visa denial and now has stronger ties to the US and lea to his home than the last time he applied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do not see how the Business being registered is relevant.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.