Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wright/Fatajo said:

This is currently happening to me and my fiancé.  What was the outcome?

after few months case was sent to embassy. not sure if congressman helped or AP was over

03/18/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

03/30/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/16....$340 check cashed

04/06/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

04/08/16....NOA1 hardcopy received by post

04/11/16....called to USCIS inform about Name typo

04/27/16....Name typo updated

06/29/16....Got RFE

07/15/16....RFE was received by USCIS

08/01/16....NOA2 approved

WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS..CONTACTING USCIS SUPERVISER..CONTACTING SENATOR..

10/03/16....Case sent to NVC (THEY LOST OUR CASE AND STOLE 2.5 MONTHS OF OUR HAPPINESS. Only senator's involvement helped to sort it out.)

10/13/16....NVC assigned case number (after waiting more than average)

WAIT/CALLING TO NVC.. WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...LOSING MY MIND AGAIN..

11/16/16....NVC status changed to IN TRANSIT. Yay!

11/20/16....US Embassy received file but never contacted me

11/26/16....packet 3 received by consulate (packet 3 instructions was never sent by embassy, I sent packet 3 regardless)

11/28/16....interview scheduled on 12/22/2016

12/22/16....CO refused to consider self-earned income and refused co-sponsor. Refused to take in consideration my own assets and property income and well established freelance business. Asked to show $100K++ on bank account while he knew that we have maybe only $70K cash. 

03/22/17....After several fights was interviewed in Paris. They kept my passport. Was told Administrative Processing won't take more than 2-3 weeks.

The outcome is normally once AP ends, the petition is sent on. Congressmen can only make the same inquiries you can do yourself. 

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, cdneh said:

The outcome is normally once AP ends, the petition is sent on. Congressmen can only make the same inquiries you can do yourself. 

Thanks

K1VisaInterviewChecklist_www.mrspresson.com_.pdf

1 hour ago, ninz said:

after few months case was sent to embassy. not sure if congressman helped or AP was over

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So our case managed to get out of the NVC on Friday, September 29th after being stuck for 1 month and 1 week. We've managed to reach supervisor calling on Friday and complained about passed 30 days (according to what is written on NOA2 letter). Maybe that call worked, who knows, we've even heard apologies from supervisor for such a delay. 

Just leaving it here for the following couples. If you are in the same situation - wait for 30 days to pass, call NVC and ask for supervisor. Apparently this can help somehow. 

Wish everyone all the best it this process and happily ever after with the loved ones. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, John & April said:

Our case is still at NVC for 3weeks now..I am praying that it will be in transit soon.:rolleyes:

Hello, I hope so too! Be sure to let us know when it does. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My case was longer than 3 weeks at NVC. Greetings from Maryland!

03/18/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

03/30/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/16....$340 check cashed

04/06/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

04/08/16....NOA1 hardcopy received by post

04/11/16....called to USCIS inform about Name typo

04/27/16....Name typo updated

06/29/16....Got RFE

07/15/16....RFE was received by USCIS

08/01/16....NOA2 approved

WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS..CONTACTING USCIS SUPERVISER..CONTACTING SENATOR..

10/03/16....Case sent to NVC (THEY LOST OUR CASE AND STOLE 2.5 MONTHS OF OUR HAPPINESS. Only senator's involvement helped to sort it out.)

10/13/16....NVC assigned case number (after waiting more than average)

WAIT/CALLING TO NVC.. WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...LOSING MY MIND AGAIN..

11/16/16....NVC status changed to IN TRANSIT. Yay!

11/20/16....US Embassy received file but never contacted me

11/26/16....packet 3 received by consulate (packet 3 instructions was never sent by embassy, I sent packet 3 regardless)

11/28/16....interview scheduled on 12/22/2016

12/22/16....CO refused to consider self-earned income and refused co-sponsor. Refused to take in consideration my own assets and property income and well established freelance business. Asked to show $100K++ on bank account while he knew that we have maybe only $70K cash. 

03/22/17....After several fights was interviewed in Paris. They kept my passport. Was told Administrative Processing won't take more than 2-3 weeks.

Me too, mine was nearly 8 weeks in AP. I think they get them through faster these days though :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Me too, mine was nearly 8 weeks in AP. I think they get them through faster these days though :) 

Thank you. I pray for that so much. So much waiting without a choice-_-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ninz said:

My case was longer than 3 weeks at NVC. Greetings from Maryland!

Thank you!:D hope our case will stay there not long from now. Longing to see my Fiancé.

1 hour ago, Alice L said:

Can we call and identify if our case is under AP or just in normal process ready for embassy? 

We called quite a few times before we thought to ask the question. Give it a try!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/2/2017 at 2:56 PM, Kateryna_I said:

So our case managed to get out of the NVC on Friday, September 29th after being stuck for 1 month and 1 week. We've managed to reach supervisor calling on Friday and complained about passed 30 days (according to what is written on NOA2 letter). Maybe that call worked, who knows, we've even heard apologies from supervisor for such a delay. 

Just leaving it here for the following couples. If you are in the same situation - wait for 30 days to pass, call NVC and ask for supervisor. Apparently this can help somehow. 

Wish everyone all the best it this process and happily ever after with the loved ones. :wub:

Do you mean 30 days from your NOA2 date or 30 days form the date NVC receives the case?

3 hours ago, Lance & Valérie said:

Do you mean 30 days from your NOA2 date or 30 days form the date NVC receives the case?

We act exactly according to what was written in NOA2 letter. 

As far as I can remember we've waited 30 days from NOA2 date.

Goo luck to you and wish the soonest progress with the next steps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kateryna_I said:

We act exactly according to what was written in NOA2 letter. 

As far as I can remember we've waited 30 days from NOA2 date.

Goo luck to you and wish the soonest progress with the next steps.

I called back again today and NVC let us know that our case had been forwarded to the consulate . It was at NVC a total of 27 days so 35 days from our NOA2. I'm not even sure now if we ever were in AP, but hopefully if were it means that the wait has shortened a bit. The best suggestion I could make is to just keep calling until you talk to someone who can give you the right info, how helpful they are seems to really depend on how you talk to...its really inconsistent. Good luck to everyone, I know how hard the wait can be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.