12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I filed my I-485 last June, and finally received my welcome letter 2 weeks ago, saying that my greencard would be here within 3weeks.

Unfortunately, USPS reports that it delivered it on May 28th, and despite the fact that I was checking the mail box like a crazy person every day, said mail did not arrive on May 28th or any day since. I have filed a complaint with USCIS and the USPS, but essentially what I'm being told, is to wait 30 days, just incase it magically appears, and then to file a I-90, pay $450, and wait 3-10 months for a replacement. Because if it was delivered, even if it wasn't ACTUALLY delivered, then it is my fault that "I" lost it.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience? Has anyone had any success in getting the filing fee for a replacement card waived?

And does anyone know, if I don't physically have a greencard, do I have permission to work? I know that I can go to a local USCIS office to get a stamp allowing me to leave the country (I have to be back in the UK for a wedding in September, so I hope this is the case!) but I don't know where I would stand with regard to working.

I'm just furious that this can happen in the first place. I mean isn't a greencard that you've waited over 2 years for, and paid thousands of dollars in immigration fees, worth being sent recorded delivery or something?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately because USPS has a record of it being delivered ( even though it wasn't ) its nearly impossible to get around that and not pay a replacement card fee.

I would chase up the complaint with USPS though and see if you can get it to magically appear, iv seen that happen a few times.

If you get the stamp in your passport you can use that as proof you can work as well as travel.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i really dont understand why any official documentation would not be sent out recorded delivery with USPS. That is just crazy! USPS cannot be trusted to deliver a pair of underpants without messing something up! That should have been sent out recorded delivery, as if you have not signed for it, then USPS cannot try to cover their asses and say you have received it. My personal experiences with USPS, like many other`s experiences, would indicate that USPS is a shower of excuse for efficient, trustworthy delivery.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I know how you feel (((.We got our I-485 denied because officer sent us a NOID, which we never recieved. My lawyer sent to her an explaination about it, but she said the usps delivered it to you in time.Now we have to pay 3000$ to lawyer to appeal and all this stuff already making me crazy((((((

Edited by immortalchik

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Usps lost my ead! So I can imagine how u feel! I was soooo looking forward to getting a job right now but now I gotta wait. I mean I got a tracking number n all so that means my package should b well accounted for n they still manage to lose it

Usps lost my ead! So I can imagine how u feel! I was soooo looking forward to getting a job right now but now I gotta wait. I mean I got a tracking number n all so that means my package should b well accounted for n they still manage to lose it

Uugh....USPS. I was tracking my EAD since it was posted on the 13th, due for delivery yesterday. At 3pm, nothing in the mail box, I checked the USPS tracking again and it said delivered 2.30pm....what the!!! After hearing the stories here about lost Greencards I though GREAT, they've lost my card. We live on a farm, so all the mailbox's from other properties are side by side on a larger road at the end of our road. I checked the other boxes but nothing. After about an hour, my daughter who had been helping down at the main farm house arrived with mail in her hand. USPS had delivered my EAD to the wrong house, even though we have very clearly marked numbers on our boxes, but thank God to the main farm house on our property, but really USPS, how hard is it to put a clearly addressed mail item in the right mail box!!!

I hope all of you out there who are victims of USPS ineptitude get your cards soon!! I think it is unacceptable that we should be excepted to pay for replacement cards and lawyers etc when we are not the ones at fault. I am just so grateful that my story had a happy ending, I hope everyone else's does too!

Timeline

Thank God urs had a happy ending idk if mine will tho. Question, what color package did u recieve it in? Bcuz when I called usps they r asking me the size if tha package n also the color bcuz they dont kno exactly wat they r looking for

Uugh....USPS. I was tracking my EAD since it was posted on the 13th, due for delivery yesterday. At 3pm, nothing in the mail box, I checked the USPS tracking again and it said delivered 2.30pm....what the!!! After hearing the stories here about lost Greencards I though GREAT, they've lost my card. We live on a farm, so all the mailbox's from other properties are side by side on a larger road at the end of our road. I checked the other boxes but nothing. After about an hour, my daughter who had been helping down at the main farm house arrived with mail in her hand. USPS had delivered my EAD to the wrong house, even though we have very clearly marked numbers on our boxes, but thank God to the main farm house on our property, but really USPS, how hard is it to put a clearly addressed mail item in the right mail box!!!

I hope all of you out there who are victims of USPS ineptitude get your cards soon!! I think it is unacceptable that we should be excepted to pay for replacement cards and lawyers etc when we are not the ones at fault. I am just so grateful that my story had a happy ending, I hope everyone else's does too!

Thank God urs had a happy ending idk if mine will tho. Question, what color package did u recieve it in? Bcuz when I called usps they r asking me the size if tha package n also the color bcuz they dont kno exactly wat they r looking for

It's just a white priority mail flat rate mailing envelope, about 4" by 6" with a red border across the top and across the bottom and a large square clear plastic window showing my address. I hope they find it for you, Good Luck!!! Came from Corbin KY if that helps?

Timeline

Thanks a lot. I can describe it to them tomorrow. N thats where mine came from too

It's just a white priority mail flat rate mailing envelope, about 4" by 6" with a red border across the top and across the bottom and a large square clear plastic window showing my address. I hope they find it for you, Good Luck!!! Came from Corbin KY if that helps?

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife's greencard was lost in the mail too by USPS! On the tracking system, it says that my wife's greencard was delivered last Satursday. Now I still did not receive it! I will never ship anything important USPS again if I have a choice,

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

I filed my I-485 last June, and finally received my welcome letter 2 weeks ago, saying that my greencard would be here within 3weeks.

Unfortunately, USPS reports that it delivered it on May 28th, and despite the fact that I was checking the mail box like a crazy person every day, said mail did not arrive on May 28th or any day since. I have filed a complaint with USCIS and the USPS, but essentially what I'm being told, is to wait 30 days, just incase it magically appears, and then to file a I-90, pay $450, and wait 3-10 months for a replacement. Because if it was delivered, even if it wasn't ACTUALLY delivered, then it is my fault that "I" lost it.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience? Has anyone had any success in getting the filing fee for a replacement card waived?

And does anyone know, if I don't physically have a greencard, do I have permission to work? I know that I can go to a local USCIS office to get a stamp allowing me to leave the country (I have to be back in the UK for a wedding in September, so I hope this is the case!) but I don't know where I would stand with regard to working.

I'm just furious that this can happen in the first place. I mean isn't a greencard that you've waited over 2 years for, and paid thousands of dollars in immigration fees, worth being sent recorded delivery or something?!

Hello Ali i had the same problem like you with my GC. the USPS reports that they delivered my GC on October 24th and i never received it ... Did you have your GC finally ?, What did you do ?, What Can i do now?..

February 23, 2012- I-129F Sent
February 29, 2012- NOA 1 Received
September 05, 2012- NOA2 APPROVED!!!!!
September 10, 2012-NOA2 Hard copy Received
September 12, 2012-NVC Case number assigned
September 17 , 2012-NVC sent file to Consulate
September 24 , 2012-Consulate Received Packet 3
November 08, 2012- INTERVIEW DAY APPROVED!!!!!

November 21, 2012- Arrived to NY.

December 24,2012- Wedding

February 08,2013-AOS sent

March 18,2013- Fingerprints

April 13,2013-Employment Authorization Card Received

May 20,2013- Interview letter

June 25,2013 - INTERVIEW DAY FOR THE GC- APPROVED

STILL WAITING FOR THE GC.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Ali i had the same problem like you with my GC. the USPS reports that they delivered my GC on October 24th and i never received it ... Did you have your GC finally ?, What did you do ?, What Can i do now?..

What did you do about the lost gc. Same boat now. Grrrr

K1 Visa.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-26

Interview Date : 2013-03-04

Visa Received : 2013-03-11

US Entry : 2013-05-02

Marriage : 2013-05-13

EAD/AP

May 24.2013 (Day 1 ) Mailed may 24, 2013

May 28 .2013(Day 4 ) Recieved: may 28 and 30, 2013( AOS,AP,EAD online and text)

June 27.2013(Day 34 ) Biometric: june 27 walked in ,(scheduled july 2.)

July 26.2013 (Day 58 ) EAD/AP approved Card in Production (july 26)

August 3.2013(Day 65 ) EAD/AP card recieved ( aug 3)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.