28 posts in this topic

Aquaintance of my wife cannot login to her account. She has tried password reset tool twice, but continues to get invalid username or password message. Anyone know what to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

What is their username>?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

include Robb&Ann... still cannot log-in since June 1st..

then now i see it was last active June 7th... where in we haven't been able to log in since June 1st..

So probably someone from VJ (admin or mods) checked on our page? or who?

Filed: Timeline
This is Robb of Robb&Ann.

Ann reported the fact that I have not been able to login since the upgrade, but was dismissed as if the problem was not real.

I decided to do some research and found that she is right. The recent upgrade broke logins with a ‘&’ character in the username.

See the link below

The topic “Cannot log into user account where username contains '&'”

Since upgrading to 3.4.5, any user with an ampersand (&) in their username is unable to log in. Administrators can log in as that user through the Admin CP, but not using the nomral login screen. Changing their password does not enable them to log in. As soon as the username is changed so that it no longer contains an ampersand, the account can be logged into as normal.

Version: 3.4.5

Fixed In: 4.0.0 Beta 1

The fix is as follows.

In admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php find

$member_key = IPSText::mbsubstr( $member_key, 0, 255 );

change to

$member_key = substr( $member_key, 0, 255 );

Edited by robbandann

Timeline

Should be fixed now. Let me know :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

hello. thank you mr. ewok for fixing my logon and usre error.

i now can log on dancin5hr.gif

Great!!

Timeline

i would say thanks to my Robb for sending Ewok the codes on how to fix his problem with log -in's

with due respect to Mr. Ewok, i don't think this log in problems will be fixed if my fiance didn't send u the codes.. am i wrong? no even "thanks" gotten from u? 10 days of ignoring my report and got nothing until given a solution.... it's just funny...

Timeline

I spotted the trouble ticket this AM. I didn't think the & symbol was the issue as we have had lots of people having cookie / other issues with the new site. In case I didn't via PM or email earlier, thanks to all who dug into this issue and spotted the trend for the & symbol. I truly appreciate it :).

As an aside, I have been notified by a few people that they can not PM people with an & in their user name. I tested with my test account and it seems ok. Can anyone else confirm if this is an issue?

Timeline

i was having a trouble sending PM and posting replies earlier that pissed me off. I know my internet is fine. i can watch youtube with no problems with loading. but with VJ without any other websites opened, it suddenly slow down and crashed when i post a reply and send PM's what could be the problem there? I know my pc is also fine.. just like now.. it would take minutes to post a reply.. then suddenly it will just crash