Holly2234

Suddenly very lonely

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I don't miss Australian's per se, but I do miss being understood 100% of the time instead of only 90-95% (on a good month!).

Yes, that too.... Sometimes it is just nice to be able to joke around in my own language. Much easier than in English, even though I am sure I will get there. And to have common references.

Even though my husband wants me to watch every classic american movie, so I can get what all the exitement is about when people are exchanging quotes, enjoying the same in french from time to time is pretty cool too!

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

I certainly have no intention of being a "wingeing pom" - not sure how far that translates :-)

I do have friends from the UK who winge about the US when they are staying with friends in the US and I can see how well that goes down......

Richard

event.png

event.png

Today at work in the break room, two men were saying that the government wants to control everybody. I had a good laugh and told them how American they sounded. nobody seemed to quite get what i was laughing for though! There only two foreign people that work there, me on day shift and a Swedish man on night shift.

There was a small disagreement between myself and another co worker the other day. She kept doing (terrible) fake British accents whenever she saw me and i took it in good humor before. That day i was already irritated and she did it so i asked her politely but firmly to stop. So she replied in a British accent... I told her she has crossed a line and to stop before i end up getting pissed off with her. All of this was in front of my supervisor. 10 minutes later, i heard that she had gone on the shop floor and told people i had threatened to punch her! Where she got that from i have no idea but i went back to my supervisor who then backed me up and said that i handled it fine and in no way did i mention anything about violence.

If somebody was different because of their skin color or appearance or because of a disability or something, nobody would even dare say anything about it (in my work place) so why she thought she had a right to pull me up on being different every time she saw me i really dont know.

Ive been pushing all of the managers for extra hours at work too. I am part time but i need at least 35 hours to pay my bills and that doesnt allow for any extras. I have a wonderful manager who refuses to let me just be a minimum wage worker. She has been putting a good word in for me everywhere that she can and pushing for me to get supervisor positions. The reason being when i have no money, i go to her and ask for hours to get it rather than running to the court house and filling in forms and taking it. Im so thankful this country does have those resources but it makes me feel so good to get by without. So next week i have work in 3 different departments in the store and i have had them show me how to do things in other departments too.

So for anybody who does read this and ends up in my situation, you can make a life for yourself. Key thing seems to be staying positive and being determined.

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

Sorry about the person copying your accent. There is no excuse for her childish behavior, but she is doing it because she is jealous, not to make fun of you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.