Crumpet

Arrived in the US on K1 Visa but no I-94...

35 posts in this topic

At the Airport they didn't staple it to your passport?

so they never gave you a paper with the websites that you will need to go too and steps on what to do next?

I was given these at the airport before I flew out.

On this paper "INFORMATION ABOUT K-1 VISAS:FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS"

It lists all the next steps that need to be taken

Here are the websites it told me to go too

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm

hope these help

Both those links are 'page not found'. I wonder if they have been superseded?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It looks like the links you posted are no longer available.

I wasn't given anything at the time. Nothing was stapled in my passport and I wasn't given any other instructions to get an I-94.

As far as I'm aware, the I-94 is now automated but is obviously experiencing delays. After speaking with another VJ member, it sounds like I may have to go a POE if it doesn't turn up on the net anytime soon.

April 26, 2012: I-129 filed

May 5, 2012: NOA1 Email Confirmation

It looks like the links you posted are no longer available.

I wasn't given anything at the time. Nothing was stapled in my passport and I wasn't given any other instructions to get an I-94.

As far as I'm aware, the I-94 is now automated but is obviously experiencing delays. After speaking with another VJ member, it sounds like I may have to go a POE if it doesn't turn up on the net anytime soon.

Crumpet. Did you check the entry stamp and make sure the officer put K1? They have sometimes entered people Incorrectly. Also some of the comments/concerns before this went live were often the system that populates the CBP captures the visa first and last name, which seems to be misspelled often. Or captures FNU for "first name unknown" Maybe that is more true of countries other than England where English is the predominant language. But check your entry stamp for K1 and the name spellings on visa and passport. Check what date was written by your passport stamp too. Call Newark again

Passenger Service Manager (973) 368-6000 To see if you get a better answer. There shouldn't be delays with the automated system. It's supposed to be there instantly.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi just my own recent experience,

I have arrived in atlanta on the 30th of May. I was not explained the new i-94 process nor it was mentioned to me by the officer. Luckily I was fully aware of the automated process by then. I have logged in to the website yesterday https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/ and entered all info required. I did make a mistake with a date (done it the European way) so it came back with an error, after correcting it took me to a page with all that info I entered ready to be printed.

I would make sure you have the date as on the stamp in your passport saying (Admitted) and Class of admission is same as your visa type/class on your visa. Also check your passport number on the visa is correct?

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I thought I would give everyone an update on the situation given the interest in this thread.

I called Newark Airport again today. This time I was able to speak to a very helpful Immigration Officer. I asked him to check the details of my arrival as my I-94 record still wasn't showing on the automed I-94 webpage.

I found out that the reason for this was because I was entered in the system as a Legal Permanent Resident, which was wrong as I arrived on a K-1 Visa.

The Officer went away to find the sealed envelope from the embassy that I handed to them on arrival. Once he found this, he was able to rectify the mistake.

He called me back and waited on the line whilst I put my details through the webpage. I now have the I-94 printout that I have been looking for and can get on with the rest of the AOS process.

From the sounds of it, the I-94 process is now completely automated. K1 visa holders included. The I-94 record should be available on the webpage immediately.

My advice for other people entering on a K1 visa, who can't find the record of their I-94 would be to call the Point of Entry you used, speak to an Immigration Officer and get them to check the details of your arrival. This is the only way I was able to find out that a mistake had been made with my record.

I am very happy I saved myself at least a two hour round trip to a local POE to get the record changed myself!

Thanks for everyones advice.

April 26, 2012: I-129 filed

May 5, 2012: NOA1 Email Confirmation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that is so cool !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, sorry to bump an old thread but I have a different and even weirder problem.

My I-94 is not showing up at all. This morning, I called the POE (Edmonton) to make sure everything was entered correctly, and they confirmed it was the case. Their only suggestion was to continue waiting a few days as it was a "new system". Should I just go to a deferred inspection site, or if not- how long should I wait before I do?

• 1 month later...

My POE was Los Angeles (well, you actually clear immigration in Vancouver, pre-flight) on June 28th, and was given a paper I94. I said that I thought the I94s were all electronic now. The IO said, yes they are, except for K1s. Interesting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My POE was Los Angeles (well, you actually clear immigration in Vancouver, pre-flight) on June 28th, and was given a paper I94. I said that I thought the I94s were all electronic now. The IO said, yes they are, except for K1s. Interesting.

How odd, as they are automated now and others entering with a K-1 since the automation started have not received a paper copy.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hi Guys sorry to keep on with this thread. I seem to be having the same problem with my I-94. I arrived on a K-1visa in Atlanta on June 13th just went on to get mine and it says not found. I've triple checked everything and still nothing. So I'm going to call the office in Atlanta and see what is occurring. Just thought i'd see if anyone else has any more thoughts on what to do?

Hey thought i'd post update as I got it sorted hopefully. I rang up CBP in Atlanta they said they couldn't help, so I then rang up the deferred inspection number they transferred me to the same guy as before and he took my details and said for some reason it didn't generate me in the system so he is going to send me the I-94 with it all on. He also gave me my I-94 number and said wait for the paperwork as I will need it for my

DL and SSN and the AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

We're in the same situation. My fiance and I entered in May (she entered on a K1) and she was not given an i-94 or any info about the electronic system.

I tried to find her info on the site posted above but was not successful.

Ended up explaining the situation in the cover letter for her adjustment of status application. I'm assuming if she wasn't given an i-94 because she came from South Korea on a K1 visa - a visa free entry country - she doesn't need one.

Anyway, hoping for the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We're in the same situation. My fiance and I entered in May (she entered on a K1) and she was not given an i-94 or any info about the electronic system.

I tried to find her info on the site posted above but was not successful.

Ended up explaining the situation in the cover letter for her adjustment of status application. I'm assuming if she wasn't given an i-94 because she came from South Korea on a K1 visa - a visa free entry country - she doesn't need one.

Anyway, hoping for the best.

Yes, someone that enters with a K-1 does get and need an I-94. It does not matter if you come from a VWP country. All K-1 entrants get an I-94. It is automated now, but they are still given > https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

If you cannot find your info when entering your details there on that site, then you need to contact your nearest CBP deferred inspection site to make sure her info was correctly entered into the system,

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Yeah, I was able to get it taken care of today actually (found on the site). I sent in the packet for AOS last week. I figure I'll get a case number sometime in August. Then I'll try to contact them to get it added to my case to avoid an RFE, if not possible, then I'll just wait for the (probable) RFE. We'll see I suppose.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.