2,584 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everybody,

it's been a while since my wife or I have posted on here, but it's been a long wait!! We first received an e-mail on August 5th telling us they received our documents, and they also asked for us to wait at least 60 days. On September 18th, we received another e-mail that we were missing the DS-260 (My fault, I overlooked it and thought everything was sent). We finished up the Ds-260 a day or so after that e-mail, so everything has been sent since about mid September (20th, I'd say).

So, has anyone talked to the NVC about the wait times? They responded quickly about us missing the DS-260, which makes me think that we're on somewhat of an expedited case (Our priority date is May 30th, 2013). However, because we only sent in the DS-260 in September, should we expect at least ANOTHER 60 days to be added on to the previous 60 days they asked?

We're hopeful of being moved back to the 'States before Christmas, which would be ideal. Does anybody have any idea if that's a reasonable expectation? We'll probably be moving ASAP after the interview, etc. is done and we're set to go.

Hope everybody is staying strong, I thank God every night I'm able to spend this wait with my wife (We are living abroad together in Brazil).

Thanks everybody!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everybody,

it's been a while since my wife or I have posted on here, but it's been a long wait!! We first received an e-mail on August 5th telling us they received our documents, and they also asked for us to wait at least 60 days. On September 18th, we received another e-mail that we were missing the DS-260 (My fault, I overlooked it and thought everything was sent). We finished up the Ds-260 a day or so after that e-mail, so everything has been sent since about mid September (20th, I'd say).

So, has anyone talked to the NVC about the wait times? They responded quickly about us missing the DS-260, which makes me think that we're on somewhat of an expedited case (Our priority date is May 30th, 2013). However, because we only sent in the DS-260 in September, should we expect at least ANOTHER 60 days to be added on to the previous 60 days they asked?

We're hopeful of being moved back to the 'States before Christmas, which would be ideal. Does anybody have any idea if that's a reasonable expectation? We'll probably be moving ASAP after the interview, etc. is done and we're set to go.

Hope everybody is staying strong, I thank God every night I'm able to spend this wait with my wife (We are living abroad together in Brazil).

Thanks everybody!!

Hi for what I am reading on other people timelines lots of people are getting case complete who has September scan date so there is hope all we can do and pray my scan date is August 28 and I am waiting for my cc as well good luck our approvals are around the corner!!!!!

Edited by Ryan H

Timeline

The NVC has asked us for a police certificate from the state that we live in (São Paulo), which we have, and also ANOTHER copy of the biographical information from her passport (Which we already sent, but we're gonna send it again anyways).

Now, we are going to FedEx to them both things, however, we are also going to take a picture of the Police Certificate on the computer (as we can get the certificate online), and also take a picture of the biographical information from her passport.

Is this acceptable? Obviously, we are going to do it both ways (e-mailing and sending the hard original copies through the mail), but seeing as they offer the option of using e-mail, we suspect it would give us the possibility of going a little quicker as they would receieve the e-mail today.

So does this all sound alright? No problems e-mailing pictures of the aforementioned documents they asked for (Again, we're sending the original hard copies in the mail in case they don't accept those we send through the e-mail). We only ask because maybe they won't accept because they're just pictures of the said documents?

Anyways, we're sending it all today!

Any and all feedback is welcome, thanks everybody!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The NVC has asked us for a police certificate from the state that we live in (São Paulo), which we have, and also ANOTHER copy of the biographical information from her passport (Which we already sent, but we're gonna send it again anyways).

Now, we are going to FedEx to them both things, however, we are also going to take a picture of the Police Certificate on the computer (as we can get the certificate online), and also take a picture of the biographical information from her passport.

Is this acceptable? Obviously, we are going to do it both ways (e-mailing and sending the hard original copies through the mail), but seeing as they offer the option of using e-mail, we suspect it would give us the possibility of going a little quicker as they would receieve the e-mail today.

So does this all sound alright? No problems e-mailing pictures of the aforementioned documents they asked for (Again, we're sending the original hard copies in the mail in case they don't accept those we send through the e-mail). We only ask because maybe they won't accept because they're just pictures of the said documents?

Anyways, we're sending it all today!

Any and all feedback is welcome, thanks everybody!

Hi jworld34

Its good that you are sending original hard copy of the Police Certificate by mail.They accept email documents only from certain counteries.Not all have that option.They require original document and a copy of it.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Timeline

Thanks,

We're mailing everything in. Has anyone had a request for more documents, and had it take LESS than 60 days? The guy on the phone said it would probably be another 60 days, but maybe it could be less? Anybody have any input?

Timeline

Thanks,

We're mailing everything in. Has anyone had a request for more documents, and had it take LESS than 60 days? The guy on the phone said it would probably be another 60 days, but maybe it could be less? Anybody have any input?

Keep your fingures crossed ! I have seen lots of cases with checklists being completed much before that another 60 days period.

Timeline

Thanks,

Hi,

I had a request for original birth certificate and it took little over 2 months!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello any May 2013 I-130 filers here? Please help me. Still waiting from last 17 months.

You realize the Visa bulletin is just at FEB 07. You filed 17 months ago you have another 6 to 7 years.

I am sure if you go to the forums and look for your category of Visa there may be others.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

US Citizen filled for spouse. Not a permanent resident. Is there any going through this.

Sorry your profile says FB-1 Only can answer with the info you provide.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello any May 2013 I-130 filers here? Please help me. Still waiting from last 17 months.

still waiting for what exactly? approval ?

US Citizen filled for spouse. Not a permanent resident. Is there any going through this.

You realize the Visa bulletin is just at FEB 07. You filed 17 months ago you have another 6 to 7 years.

I am sure if you go to the forums and look for your category of Visa there may be others.

Nebraska is working on late-May 2014. You should call and file an e-request ASAP.

Posts merged with existing thread.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Hi,

No need to be sorry. I did not asked my question correctly. My USC filled I-130 in May-2013. I got NOA1 & NOA2. After approval USCIS reviewing my case from 2013' Dec. Still waiting to get an update. :secret::ranting:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.