2,584 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ours I-130 Cr-1 NBC is May 22.

Right now they have processed April 29th,2013 or so.

USCIS

05-22-2013 : Sent I-130

05-27-2013 : I-130 NOA1

04-07-2014 : I-130 Approved.

NVC

04-23-2014 : NVC Received

05-16-2014 : Case number generated.

05-22-2014 : AOS bill available and Paid

05-23-2014 : Sent AOS Package

07-30-2014 : IV Bill available and Paid

07-31-2014 : Sent IV Package

08-01-2014 : Received email from NVC to wait 60 days and they acknowledged receiving IV Package 0n 08-01-2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, James our packet 3 was sent on August 26,2014 and got 30 days period notice before they review every single step is taking too long !!!!!!

Timeline

Hi, James our packet 3 was sent on August 26,2014 and got 30 days period notice before they review every single step is taking too long !!!!!!

Congrats! I have been following your case. It also took too long to get approved to NOA2. If you have a lawyer handling your case you will be able to pay AOS and IV fee together at the same time and also send the documents. That will save time. If you don't have a lawyer and you want the petitioner to be your agent then fill the online DS-261 as soon as you have the IIN numbers which you get by calling and calling NVC and pay the online AOS fee.There is link by Saylin to help filling I-864 and compiling AOS package. Be sure to avoid Checklists otherwise you are back in line

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Timeline

Congrats! I have been following your case. It also took too long to get approved to NOA2. If you have a lawyer handling your case you will be able to pay AOS and IV fee together at the same time and also send the documents. That will save time. If you don't have a lawyer and you want the petitioner to be your agent then fill the online DS-261 as soon as you have the IIN numbers which you get by calling and calling NVC and pay the online AOS fee.There is link by Saylin to help filling I-864 and compiling AOS package. Be sure to avoid Checklists otherwise you are back in line

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Thanks so much!!!!! I do have lawyer and he did submitted everything on August 26 and he forwarded me the confirmation page saying that it will take them 39 days to review!!!!

Edited by Ryan H

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

USCIS

NVC

08-01-2014 : Received email from NVC to wait 60 days and they acknowledged receiving IV Package 0n 08-01-2014

09-25-2014 : AOS fee changed from paid to N/A

Edited by James17

Timeline

USCIS

NVC

09-24-2014 : Case Completed. :dancing:

Timeline

Congratulations I am soooo happy for you James please share when you get interview notification!!!!!!

Thanks. I will keep this updating and sharing our experiance.

Keep visiting this page as often as you have time https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

You login using your Case number which has three letters ( embassy of beneficiary ) and 10 digits.

Then you enter your IIN and select what capacity you are. There if you see AOS Fee turning N/A from paid...its almost means your case is complete and call NVC to confirm it. I think its taking NVC 4-6 days to get you an interview date.

Timeline

Hi James I checked the link and it said THE SELECT CASE # AND INVOICE IDENTIFICATION # COMBINATION DOES NOT MATCH OUR RECORD what does that mean is it something wrong??

Timeline

Hi James I checked the link and it said THE SELECT CASE # AND INVOICE IDENTIFICATION # COMBINATION DOES NOT MATCH OUR RECORD what does that mean is it something wrong??

Hi !

The site is : https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

First input is case number like mine is NWD6XXXXX

Then invoice number.

When you call NVC they give you:

1. Case Number : NWD6XXXXX

2. IIN Number : Its Invoice Number

3. Beneficiary Number

After the first input that is your case number , then you put in Invoice Number not the beneficiary number.

then you can select Applicant or Petitioner

That should work

In our case it looked like

Choice of Address & Agent ( DS-261)

Petitiner Name Completed

Affidavit Of Support ( AOS )

Petitioner Name Fee Paid Documents N/A ( Documents N/A doesn't matter even we send them its for their future use )

Applicant Information

Applicant Name Fee Paid IV Application Completed Documents N/A ( Documents N/A doesn't matter even we send them its for their future use )

Its here that when AOS fee changes to N/A that's indicator to case complete.

Hi Shama ! even while you are waiting for case complete and interview date... In google or any other search engine type in

immmigrant visa interview at ...... ( .... spouse's embassy where interview is going to be held )

In google I clicked on the first link and came to know about useful information you need to prepare before going for interview. Which they send you after a week or two of Interview schedule.

Timeline

It only ask me case number invoice # and category nothing else but still didn't work thanks for helping!!!!!

If you click on the link below you should getto the window asking for case number When you put in case number first three capital letters folowed by ten digits and hit enter the window below opens , however if you are not getting this window then probably your JAVA script and accept cookies from third parties are disabled in the browser. https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx Immigrant Visa
Sign In

Welcome to the Consular Electronic Application Center – Immigrant/Diversity Visa portal. To access your case, please enter your case number below.

Case Number
Enter the Invoice ID Number that the National Visa Center sent you
I am the -- SELECT ONE -- APPLICANT ATTORNEY PETITIONER THIRD-PARTY AGENT
Important: Before You Begin

**Please be patient. Download times may vary depending on your internet connection speed.**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.