Mrs.Presson

USCIS CSC: Approved I-129F (NOA2 dated April 25th) forwarded to NRC not NVC

21 posts in this topic

I posted this topic yesterday on the K1 forums: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428943-missing-approved-i-129f-petition/

Much to my dismay, Chris got a call from NVC Night Manager tonight saying that our petition was shipped to NRC a.k.a. storage facility instead of NVC. (And USCIS claimed that it was sent to NVC!)

I imagine that if our case got shipped, there must be some other cases out there that got "accidentally" shipped to NRC too! Heads up to those who got approved and haven't gotten their Case Numbers yet. (Most of the people I know near our NOA2 date has obtained their case numbers already.)

Be pro-active. Check the whereabouts of your case. Call USCIS and NVC.

Filed: Timeline

I posted this topic yesterday on the K1 forums: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428943-missing-approved-i-129f-petition/

Much to my dismay, Chris got a call from NVC Night Manager tonight saying that our petition was shipped to NRC a.k.a. storage facility instead of NVC. (And USCIS claimed that it was sent to NVC!)

I imagine that if our case got shipped, there must be some other cases out there that got "accidentally" shipped to NRC too! Heads up to those who got approved and haven't gotten their Case Numbers yet. (Most of the people I know near our NOA2 date has obtained their case numbers already.)

Be pro-active. Check the whereabouts of your case. Call USCIS and NVC.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm certain that this is what happened to my case. I already have cases open with NVC, USCIS and Congressperson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

NVC hasn't received my case yet, and I called USCIS and talked to a tier 2 and they told me all they can tell me is that it was approved and to give it 30 days for NVC to get it. They said they were unable to tell me whether it was shipped yet or not.

NVC hasn't received my case yet, and I called USCIS and talked to a tier 2 and they told me all they can tell me is that it was approved and to give it 30 days for NVC to get it. They said they were unable to tell me whether it was shipped yet or not.

Try calling NVC and ask for a Manager. Explain the situation. They should have more information for you.

In our case, the one who helped us was Night Manager "Maria". She has really been helpful and was able to locate our case file. She just called Chris tonight and told him that they've already received our Case from NRC and will be assigning us a Case Number soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Chris,

My file also got sent to NRC instead of NVC. I got my NOA2 on March 27th, 2013. I called NVC, USCIS and got the congresswoman involved. Nothing seems to have helped. The file still must be sitting at NRC. Could you please tell me how I can get this moving? Right now, I feel very helpless. Who is Maria? And how can I contact her? I hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Chris,

My file also got sent to NRC instead of NVC. I got my NOA2 on March 27th, 2013. I called NVC, USCIS and got the congresswoman involved. Nothing seems to have helped. The file still must be sitting at NRC. Could you please tell me how I can get this moving? Right now, I feel very helpless. Who is Maria? And how can I contact her? I hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Emma,

It's actually Erika. I'm usually the one posting here on VJ. Maria is the NVC Call Center Night Manager. She will be able to help you out. When you call NVC at about 7-8pm EST, ask if you could be transferred to Maria the Night Manager. Hope this helps! :)

~Erika

Timeline

Hi Emma,

It's actually Erika. I'm usually the one posting here on VJ. Maria is the NVC Call Center Night Manager. She will be able to help you out. When you call NVC at about 7-8pm EST, ask if you could be transferred to Maria the Night Manager. Hope this helps! smile.png

~Erika

Lol... I just realized when I saw posts on another forum. Thank you so much Erika for your help! I shall give them a call again tomorrow and see what's going on.

Timeline

Was NVC able to retrieve the petition from NRC?

Hi MGAF!

Surprisingly, no! The last time we called them was on Friday and we called them twice. We spoke to the supervisor. She said they have nothing for us. My hubby is going to call them again tonight. I will leave a post on here if we hear any good news. But right now, we are just hoping for the best :(

Timeline

Hi MGAF!

Surprisingly, no! The last time we called them was on Friday and we called them twice. We spoke to the supervisor. She said they have nothing for us. My hubby is going to call them again tonight. I will leave a post on here if we hear any good news. But right now, we are just hoping for the best sad.png

OMG, OMG, OMG I just gave NVC a call after replying to your post. They said they received our case today... yayyyy!! But they will take 10-20 business days to put it in their system, which is a bummer. I am still happy that they found it. It took exactly 2 months for NVC to get our file; I would have had my interview by now if this delay wouldn't have occurred. But everything happens for the best. Maybe this was meant to happen. I hope they don't delay this process any further now :|

Hi MGAF!

Surprisingly, no! The last time we called them was on Friday and we called them twice. We spoke to the supervisor. She said they have nothing for us. My hubby is going to call them again tonight. I will leave a post on here if we hear any good news. But right now, we are just hoping for the best sad.png

All the best. My petition (NOA2 dated April 23rd) was also accidentally forwarded to NRC. I have been calling all the offices all the time but no one knows how it can be transferred from NRC to NVC. I have been told it should appear in NRC's system before anything could be done.

OMG, OMG, OMG I just gave NVC a call after replying to your post. They said they received our case today... yayyyy!! But they will take 10-20 business days to put it in their system, which is a bummer. I am still happy that they found it. It took exactly 2 months for NVC to get our file; I would have had my interview by now if this delay wouldn't have occurred. But everything happens for the best. Maybe this was meant to happen. I hope they don't delay this process any further now :|

That's great news!! So calling NVC and talking to night manager Maria did help?

Timeline

That's great news!! So calling NVC and talking to night manager Maria did help?

I actually never got the hold of Maria. But my hubby is planning on calling them tonight to expedite the process. We called a night supervisor last week and she said that they will avoid 10-20 business days wait once they receive the case, in order to make up for the days it was lost. I am not so sure if it was Maria, but she wasn't that much of a help. If it is sent to NRC, there is nothing anybody could do from my experience. But continue to call NVC and USCIS daily. Get the congressperson involved too. I don't know if calling them and getting the congresswoman really helped me, but 2 months is the maximum wait for the cases that get sent to NRC mistakenly.

I'm sorry it cost you 2 months, but I'm really glad they found your case! Here's to hoping everything will go smoothly after this! smile.png

All the best. My petition (NOA2 dated April 23rd) was also accidentally forwarded to NRC. I have been calling all the offices all the time but no one knows how it can be transferred from NRC to NVC. I have been told it should appear in NRC's system before anything could be done.

I really cannot understand why people at USCIS "accidentally" send out approved petitions to NRC. They clearly are unorganized and this inefficiency is costing us valuable time and a whole lotta stress. I've read (at least on these forums) that there have been quite a number of cases like mine that were sent to NRC. sad.png

I'm sorry that this happened to you too, but do everything you can till you get a hold of your case. Like what emma1990 said, call your representative. Call USCIS and NVC. Email NVCResearch. Exhaust all possibilities.

Hang in there!

Edited by Erika & Chris

Just curious...what is the NRC?

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.