Louza

DV Case Numbers and Interviews?

73 posts in this topic

Ever considered hiring a lawyer in the country where they need the police certificate from (may need to provide power of attorney to have them do this on your behalf and perhaps copies of your IDs or entry visas for that country) and also having the lawyer get the certificate translated into English and DHL /FedExing all to your relatives in Egypt? Shouldn't be more than cost of police certificates+ cost of translation + couple of hours of lawyer time chasing up the certificates...

I'd kill the agent not fire him.

I checked that website a few days ago and read the PC section so I know for the fact that they'll need it. For the European country it's valid 3 months only and is NOT issued in English, so the second issue they're facing is getting it translated. I mentioned in a previous post it takes anywhere from 2 to 6 months for official documents to be issued to those residing abroad from that country.

They'll go to the interview and be asked for that particular PC and they won't have it.

I have a bad feeling about all this.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Ever considered hiring a lawyer in the country where they need the police certificate from (may need to provide power of attorney to have them do this on your behalf and perhaps copies of your IDs or entry visas for that country) and also having the lawyer get the certificate translated into English and DHL /FedExing all to your relatives in Egypt? Shouldn't be more than cost of police certificates+ cost of translation + couple of hours of lawyer time chasing up the certificates...

I don't think they thought of that but I believe his residency permit expired 2 years ago, so maybe he won't be able to hire an attorney? Not sure how things work in that country.

Plus I think he's afraid of something showing up in his PC because he seems very reluctant to even discuss the subject. Could there be a charge for someone not paying child support in Europe? (Generally speaking of course).

I don't think they thought of that but I believe his residency permit expired 2 years ago, so maybe he won't be able to hire an attorney? Not sure how things work in that country.

Plus I think he's afraid of something showing up in his PC because he seems very reluctant to even discuss the subject. Could there be a charge for someone not paying child support in Europe? (Generally speaking of course).

There may well be. Which will raise the other issues I mentioned before. He won't get the visa without the police certificate though...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK! So I have question.. My CN is 18** and I´m from South America.. I think my number is high-ish.. My question is: Nevertheless my number is high, would I still get the interview? Is there anyway to speed up the process if I have all my documentation ready?

Your number is high - the highest number for SA is 1969 so your number is certainly in a risky range - and no you are not certain to get an interview. There is no way to speed things up - you can only be interviewed when your number is current (and assuming your DS260 is fully processed).

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Here's a post by britsimon that may give some hope to higher case numbers.

Incidentally the only other year I am aware of of KCC contacting winners who had not responded, was DV2012, which was massively undersubscribed due to the invalidation of results and redraw; and such contact was done much later in the FY than now.

http://britsimonsays.com/response-rate-low/

Well, you can say it means 'squat', but it did mean a few of us could see quite early on in the last DV that numbers were going to be cut off by year end, whereas many people were simply assuming that everyone would go current again as they had the preceding few years. There were people last year who started selling property etc who never got current.... So for someone with a high CN, knowing that they should make a plan B (last year) or that they should not simply abandon all hope and keep DV options open (this year) is presumably of *some* use? Yes nothing is definitive, but more information should mean better decisions.

Filed: Timeline

Your number is high - the highest number for SA is 1969 so your number is certainly in a risky range - and no you are not certain to get an interview. There is no way to speed things up - you can only be interviewed when your number is current (and assuming your DS260 is fully processed).

Yesterday I lost track of all the DV process. I know someone whose CN is below 100 and just got the interview scheduled for march... If the number was below 100 shouldn´t he/she got his/her interview in the first month? According to the Visa Bulletin the first month they called up to 500.. And he/she just received his/her interview scheduling last week

Yesterday I lost track of all the DV process. I know someone whose CN is below 100 and just got the interview scheduled for march... If the number was below 100 shouldn´t he/she got his/her interview in the first month? According to the Visa Bulletin the first month they called up to 500.. And he/she just received his/her interview scheduling last week

The reason for this is almost certainly late submission of the DS260 form. They cannot schedule interviews until they have finished processing the forms, which seems to have taken around 4 months this year. So the person probably only submitted their form fairly late last year say Aug/Sep, rather than in May when the form submission portal opened.

Filed: Timeline

The reason for this is almost certainly late submission of the DS260 form. They cannot schedule interviews until they have finished processing the forms, which seems to have taken around 4 months this year. So the person probably only submitted their form fairly late last year say Aug/Sep, rather than in May when the form submission portal opened.

Yes but I submitted it the same day it went online and got a very high CN.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.