Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

After paying Immigrant Visa application fee what's next?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I just paid the $230 fee, what is next? Does my mom need to fill out the DS-230 and get clearances etc and send it to NVC? Not sure about the next step. And looking at the DS-230 form, am I right that she doesn't have to sign it because she has to sign it in front of a consular officer during her interview? Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, your mom has to fill up DS-230, needs her signature in Part I (page 2) & not sign the Part II (page 4).

Yes, all her civil documents:

1. certified copy of NSO birth certificate and photocopy

2. certified copy of NSO marriage certificate and photocopy

3. photocopy of bio-page of her passport

4. NBI clearance (Travel Abroad - green) & photocopy

5. Two (2) pcs 2 x 2 visa photos ( write Name, DOB, & MNL case # at the back)

6. Annulment or Divorce decree or Death Certificate ( IF applicable) & photocopy

7. Police Clearance from abroad If she has resided or worked abroad)

She needs to send all of those listed above to YOU.

You then need to print out Bar-coded Cover sheet from the payment portal.

Make your cover letter

Include certified copies of your NSO birth certificate & marriage certificate & photocopies.

P.S. Have your mom get certified copy of your Birth certificate from NSO when she go there to get hers.


DS-230 Cover Letter Sample/Template: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/DS-230_Cover_Letter

Edited by let-it-be

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, so I am the one who's supposed to mail everything? So in the cover letter, am I the one who should sign it? (stating that I am the one mailing it?) Thanks

It is easier to do it that way, coz you need to include the Bar-coded cover sheet.

Need to include your certified copy of marriage certificate as proof of "name change".

Click on the links I provided above.

Edited by let-it-be

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.