Grant PDX

Sending Documents to the Philippines

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was concerned about sending documents to my fiancée recently. I'd read on here about the dangers of sending with USPS versus some of the other services. However, when the time came for me to send the documents, after receiving the NOA2, I started looking at pricing. For 6 1/2 ounces of envelope and papers (about 30 pages, give or take), UPS wanted $90, FedEx wanted $80, and the USPS wanted $45. All services said roughly 5 days delivery, with FedEx offering 3 day for a bit more. I figured with about 3 weeks available I would try my luck with the USPS. I had extra copies of everything, including original certified copies of my birth certificate and divorce decree, so I certainly could have resent via FedEx later, if documents didn't arrive.

I sent the middle of last week, Wednesday April 24. I hoped for arrival by the end of this week and planned to send via FedEx this Friday if USPS didn't make it.

Long story short, the package was delivered Tuesday Philippines time, just 6 (5?) days after I sent the package. No muss, no fuss, no bother.

I can't say it would work every time, but in my case is was easy peasy, and I would recommend it.

Good luck to all.

Timeline

I Have as well sent things with the USPS and had no problems...But if you really want it there I would not place my bet on the USPS... Fed Ex has always gotten everything I sent there on time with no problems..But we Have a Corp. Acct. so I dont even leave work they pick up here every day smile.png

Edited by JimmynMaribel

I was concerned about sending documents to my fiancée recently. I'd read on here about the dangers of sending with USPS versus some of the other services. However, when the time came for me to send the documents, after receiving the NOA2, I started looking at pricing. For 6 1/2 ounces of envelope and papers (about 30 pages, give or take), UPS wanted $90, FedEx wanted $80, and the USPS wanted $45. All services said roughly 5 days delivery, with FedEx offering 3 day for a bit more. I figured with about 3 weeks available I would try my luck with the USPS. I had extra copies of everything, including original certified copies of my birth certificate and divorce decree, so I certainly could have resent via FedEx later, if documents didn't arrive.

I sent the middle of last week, Wednesday April 24. I hoped for arrival by the end of this week and planned to send via FedEx this Friday if USPS didn't make it.

Long story short, the package was delivered Tuesday Philippines time, just 6 (5?) days after I sent the package. No muss, no fuss, no bother.

I can't say it would work every time, but in my case is was easy peasy, and I would recommend it.

Good luck to all.

I would never send anything to the Philippines via USPS. USPS hands over the package to PhilPost (Philippines USPS counterpart) which is an organization that's known for being extremely unreliable. I've sent a few things (luckily nothing important) in the past using USPS and once it reached PhilPost it never reached my wife.

I recommend using LBC, a popular courier based in the Philippines. I'm not sure the availability in your area but we have a few offices here in California. I used them recently to send my wife some documents - they arrived in her hands in three days. Not bad for a service that cost $20.00.

Our 1-130, CR-1 Visa Journey

03/24/2013: Got Married

USCIS STAGE

05/11/2013: Sent I-130 to the Phoenix Lockbox

05/15/2013: Notice of Action 1 (Case transferred to NBC)

05/20/2013: Check Cashed

11/15/2013: Submitted Expedite Request to USCIS

12/12/2013: Notice of Action 2 (Case transferred to NVC)

12/16/2013: Received hard copy of Notice of Action 2

NVC STAGE

01/10/2014: Received Manila Case Number

01/10/2014: Paid AOS and IV Fees

01/16/2014: Expedite Request Approved by NVC (Submitted by Senator)

01/25/2014: Sent AOS and IV Documents to NVC

01/30/2014: AOS and IV Documents Delivered to NVC

02/20/2014: Case Status changed to "Case Complete"

02/26/2014: Case Status changed to "In Transit"

02/28/2014: Case Status changed to "Ready"

MEDICAL/INTERVIEW/POE STAGE

02/18/2014: Medical Examination at St. Lukes Extension (PASSED! One day process!)

03/03/2014: Received interview appointment instructions from U.S. Embassy

03/13/2014: Interview at U.S. Embassy Manila (PASSED!)

03/13/2014: Case Status changed to "Issued"

03/17/2014: Visa In Transit

03/19/2014: Visa Delivered

03/25/2014: Point of Entry - Los Angeles International Airport

1912458_227783277416860_1415779938_n.jpg

1509721_227784080750113_404993920_n.jpg

dSzW2vN.jpgZno0xop.jpgvy19FAf.jpgvy19p8.png

I've used USPS for 2.5 years when Mike was still in the Philippines. It went to Batangas and didn't have any issues at all. It's actually when I send one to Pasay were they lost one of my greeting cards. They texted him whenever he had parcel and for a little tip they've handed it to him sealed.

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck to all.

You got lucky! laughing.gif

USPS is very reliable and I have no issue sending important things that way, its PhilPost where all the issues start.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The difference an address makes. Michelle is about midway between Ormoc and Tacloban. It cost around $150 to FedEx her documents (granted the weight was a bit more, coming in at around 2lbs) and took eight days (they had quoted nine). It actually made it to Manila and cleared customs in just two days and was turned over to their delivery agent.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You were lucky that the docs arrived in a timely manner. I've had good experience with PhilPost myself in my home town. All of my then-fiance's letters/cards & packages arrived without any problems. When he discovered that there is LBC here in Portland, he then switched to sending packages through them. I'm quite surprised you didn't use LBC to send those documents since you have had good experience with sending balikbayan boxes. .

Edited by let-it-be

Timeline

You were lucky that the docs arrived in a timely manner. I've had good experience with PhilPost myself in my home town. All of my then-fiance's letters/cards & packages arrived without any problems. When he discovered that there is LBC here in Portland, he then switched to sending packages through them. I'm quite surprised you didn't use LBC to send those documents since you have had good experience with sending balikbayan boxes. .

I have sent docs and even a Xmas present via USPS with no problems. However when my fiance sent docs to me she used LBC and I was shocked to receive them in my mailbox in 3 days! So it's good to know that LBC is here in Portland, where I also reside.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have sent docs and even a Xmas present via USPS with no problems. However when my fiance sent docs to me she used LBC and I was shocked to receive them in my mailbox in 3 days! So it's good to know that LBC is here in Portland, where I also reside.

Yes, it only takes 3 days for the parcels to be delivered. DHL delivers it to the home address.

The one here in Portland is at:

#13509 NE Whitaker Way Portland Or, 97230

Services : REMITTANCE/CARGO

We send money & go to an agent in Tambayan Restaurant. They only do remittance service.

6014 SE Foster Rd., Portland, OR 97206

Services : REMITTANCE

Edited by let-it-be

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have LBC in your area use them, if not, use FedEx.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

I have always used DHL and never had a problem with them. My wife is from Compostela Valley so the mail comes from Davao. It usually takes about 5 days. The only time I have had a problem was when I bought a watch for a friend from the USA. The company sent it by the USPS and they handed it over to Philpost. Philpost took a extra 10days to hand it over to my friend's family.

Timeline

Yes, it only takes 3 days for the parcels to be delivered. DHL delivers it to the home address.

The one here in Portland is at:

#13509 NE Whitaker Way Portland Or, 97230

Services : REMITTANCE/CARGO

We send money & go to an agent in Tambayan Restaurant. They only do remittance service.

6014 SE Foster Rd., Portland, OR 97206

Services : REMITTANCE

Just an update. I went to LBC today to try to send docs and at this point in time they do not have that service. They said that they are scheduled to re-instate air service the end of May but that I should call first to confirm. So right now they only do sea shipping. I don't know whether this is just the Portland branch or LBC USA in general.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.