air france connecting flight matter

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

good evening to all vj'ers

i hope as this topic help me as well many others

well let's hope so

here is my question

i have a coming flight from morocco to usa i purchased my ticket and i got all settled and good to go, except my biggest concerns is about my bagges, my whole flight is organized by air france strating from morocco to connecting flight through PARIS CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT And i'm wondering if do i have to claim my baggage once we land in paris or will it be loaded straight to my next flight directly without any efforts or involving from my side, because i simply do not want my baggage to get lost especialy as most of you knows it is a living nightmare to get it back if we get lucky to

for any more infos or explanation im here to offer .

big thanks to who can help and to who can't

thanks again

3tkredx82dj.png

event.png

Go Ravens GO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well let's hope so

here is my question

i have a coming flight from morocco to usa i purchased my ticket and i got all settled and good to go, except my biggest concerns is about my bagges, my whole flight is organized by air france strating from morocco to connecting flight through PARIS CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT And i'm wondering if do i have to claim my baggage once we land in paris or will it be loaded straight to my next flight directly without any efforts or involving from my side, because i simply do not want my baggage to get lost especialy as most of you knows it is a living nightmare to get it back if we get lucky to

thanks again

You would need to ask at the airport or call the airline, sometimes they do and some times they don't offer baggage checked straight through.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

hi thanks for replying

i have had though about this and did called but unfortunately nobody answered my calls and iam willing to keep calling, in meantime i want to use the current time to find more thoughts and help just in case i can't get in touch with airline company

3tkredx82dj.png

event.png

Go Ravens GO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

maybe try the advanced search tool here?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hopefully someone else can help you more, but no matter what you read on here, just be sure to double check with the agent when they take your luggage to insure where exactly they are sending the luggage. They know when they tag the luggage where it will end up, so ask them and be sure to get a clear answer, then proceed dependent upon the information they give you.

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I've been through Charles De Gaulle a couple times. One time they wouldn't send the bags all the way through but I honestly don't remember the reason. Do you not want them to check your bags all the way through? If not you can request to pick them up in Paris and drag them to your next flight check in if you wish. I personally wouldn't bother since they have electronic tracking these days.

How long of a layover did you allow yourself between flights? It's an enormous airport and more often than not you need to travel from one terminal to the other. I would never give myself less than 3 hours transit time.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You'll need to look at the baggage slip that's put on the baggage at your departure. If it says CDG(short for Charles De Gaulle), then you'll have to claim it and re-check it because it'll then be your baggage's final destination. If the 3 letters are the same as your arrival destination on your plane ticket, you don't have to worry about it.

And if you need more info, please call the airline and ask them.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

well let's hope so

here is my question

thanks again

If you flight is over Night then YEs if Your delay time is More then 19 Hours --- IF You fly out of PARIS same day as you Leave Morocco (NO you do Not need to Clame Your Bags) - Ive Been in and Out of Morocco twice both where Diffrent - Inbox me if you have any Question about Your Flight - GOOD Luck and Congrats :) on going to the USA Whoo HOO :dance:

Edited by A.J

Timeline

hello to all

i really feel happy to have such great people here sharing their thoughts i dont even a thank you all would be enough.

as to give one reply for the past replies

i am aware to pay close attention to the baggage tags to confirm it and now i am more aware of this,

and yes my whole is on same day

i have almost 3hrs lay over in my connecting flight i also have a map and instruction about the cdg airport terminals, just in case if someone needs them, please feel free to contact me and i'll be happy to share them

i have nothing to hide on my bags and no problem here to let them check it all day hehehe.

i know cdg is a mess airport from previous experience of some of my family members and that was one of my biggest concerns but i think after your replies, im more confident and enlighten about more important

i will do work with your advices and thoughts here, and also keep calling them until they respond to my calls (im not surprised since it is morocco and how it works down here hehe)

thank you all again, it was very kind and nice of you

3tkredx82dj.png

event.png

Go Ravens GO

well let's hope so

here is my question

thanks again

I want to share what I remembered because I've only flown with Air France and Delta (Delta contracts with Air France) and YES, you will need to collect your luggage at the gate when you get to Paris and then check it back in for the USA. I had asked them this question because I was worried about not having enough connecting time. Every time, I've landed at CHARLES DE GAULLE, it's crazy huge and not enough time because of delay take off from Morocco. I always have barely enough time to get through the process.

They told me that every country you land in, they will need do security inspection. And believe me, getting back into the United States is MUCH stricter than leaving the US. When I left from California and connected in either Salt Lake City or in New York City before heading to Paris & then eventually to Rabat, Morocco. My luggage went straight to Paris & just rechecked once.

But going back to the USA I had to collect my luggage and recheck them twice (long security checks). Once you enter the USA and if that is not your final destination, you will need to collect your luggage AGAIN and check it in again since you are arriving from a foreign country.

Good luck & best wishes! I am excited myself because I am heading to Morocco in a few months myself! Inshallah :)

Edited by Ismael&Blair

Timeline

they will check your bags to your point of entry (POE) in the USA. When you get to the USA that is when you will get your bags.

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

hello to all

i really feel happy to have such great people here sharing their thoughts i dont even a thank you all would be enough.

as to give one reply for the past replies

i am aware to pay close attention to the baggage tags to confirm it and now i am more aware of this,

and yes my whole is on same day

i have almost 3hrs lay over in my connecting flight i also have a map and instruction about the cdg airport terminals, just in case if someone needs them, please feel free to contact me and i'll be happy to share them

i have nothing to hide on my bags and no problem here to let them check it all day hehehe.

i know cdg is a mess airport from previous experience of some of my family members and that was one of my biggest concerns but i think after your replies, im more confident and enlighten about more important

i will do work with your advices and thoughts here, and also keep calling them until they respond to my calls (im not surprised since it is morocco and how it works down here hehe)

thank you all again, it was very kind and nice of you

hello, and congradulations on your flight. I always go throught charles dugaul airport when going to Moroccco. you just have to make sure that in the city you leave from that they put you all the way to the last city on your bbags that goes under the plane. your bags will get to where you are goiung before you get there. even if you have a lay over your bags keep on going. you get your bags in the airport that you have to se the customs people in. they will line you up and then let you get your bags and then check your package from the emabssy in. it might take some time there too depending which airport recieves you. so hope you have a good layover before any connectinig flights. bless you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I flew from, Ft. Myers, Florida, to Altanta, to Paris, to Moscow to Krasnoyarsk, Russia...

It was Delta/Air France from Ft. Myers to Moscow..

Then Aeroflot from Moscow to Kransnoyarsk..

I check my bags in Ft. Myers, and they ticketed the bags to Krasnoyarsk. The agent said my bags were set and I didn't have to claim them until I reached my final destination....

All was good in USA and France. When I got to Moscow, (POE) they said I had to claim by bags and go thru customs, and then check by bags on Aeroflot for the domestic flight....

So, I am thinking, since you are on the same airline, and Just passing thru Paris, that your bags should follow you...

Ask about your bags when you get to Paris....

I say this because when I started my journey, they said my bags were all set to go to Krasnoyarsk, but they only wernt as far as Moscow, where I changed airline...

I flew Birmingham UK to JFK, NY via Paris CDG with Air France.

Did not collect baggage til POE at JFK.

I found CDG to be very well signposted and fast to get around with the shuttle train.

When you first check your bags in, ask at check-in and also check your baggage slips, will tell you.

Good luck :thumbs:

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.