Bayareaguy

My Congressman did/did not/maybe helped me get an NOA2

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those that are currently waiting on their K-1 I-129F to be processed, and have contacted your congressman's and/or senator's office about your case, I would like to have a list that names the congressman/senator and whether they helped get your case processed or not, or "maybe".

This would be a valuable resource for others in contacting their representative, to see which ones (if any) in the district/state they lived have been helpful. This information is presently scattered in miscellaneous posts, so is hard to track down specific cases.

First off, if you aren't sure how to get started in finding or contacting your representative, see this informative post by I&B: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/421608-a-guide-to-writing-your-elected-representatives-about-the-i-129f-slowdown-at-the-csc/

I would also like to have your response qualified, especially if is unclear if they really helped (the "maybe" helped situation).

For example, I contacted my congressional representative Mike Honda's office about my case, filled out the privacy release form, and explained my case and the situation at the CSC. They made an inqirery about my case, but I got a response back about a week later with the July 18 date of cases CSC is working on (oh, really?). So for me, my representative did not help me, as I am still waiting for my NOA2.

And let's say (hypothetically), my NOA2 came this week, and my congressman alerted me that my file was now being processed, if there are also others near my date that get NOA2's around the same time, I would also put this in the "did not help" category, as he is just trying to get credit for it, but I can see that CSC is processing cases in my batch, so nice try Charley, but no. If mine was the only one near my date to get approved in a few days, then it would be a "Maybe helped", with the explanation.

If you are still waiting on a response, I would hold off until you get an answer from your representative.

Also, I would not let the fact that a representative was not helpful to someone else discourage you from contacting them, but the list may help you to target your action to the more helpful ones first (you have 2 senators and one congressman, I would focus first on the ones that have helped others get their NOA2)

So, to kick it off, here is my input:

Congressman Mike Honda (California): Did not help. Release form submitted, response was CSC is currently processing cases at or before July 18. No NOA2 yet.

Timeline

Also, please state if you requested an expedite, or your representative requested one for you, as that would be a significant factor.

Timeline

For those that are currently waiting on their K-1 I-129F to be processed, and have contacted your congressman's and/or senator's office about your case, I would like to have a list that names the congressman/senator and whether they helped get your case processed or not, or "maybe".

This would be a valuable resource for others in contacting their representative, to see which ones (if any) in the district/state they lived have been helpful. This information is presently scattered in miscellaneous posts, so is hard to track down specific cases.

First off, if you aren't sure how to get started in finding or contacting your representative, see this informative post by I&B: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/421608-a-guide-to-writing-your-elected-representatives-about-the-i-129f-slowdown-at-the-csc/

I would also like to have your response qualified, especially if is unclear if they really helped (the "maybe" helped situation).

For example, I contacted my congressional representative Mike Honda's office about my case, filled out the privacy release form, and explained my case and the situation at the CSC. They made an inqirery about my case, but I got a response back about a week later with the July 18 date of cases CSC is working on (oh, really?). So for me, my representative did not help me, as I am still waiting for my NOA2.

And let's say (hypothetically), my NOA2 came this week, and my congressman alerted me that my file was now being processed, if there are also others near my date that get NOA2's around the same time, I would also put this in the "did not help" category, as he is just trying to get credit for it, but I can see that CSC is processing cases in my batch, so nice try Charley, but no. If mine was the only one near my date to get approved in a few days, then it would be a "Maybe helped", with the explanation.

If you are still waiting on a response, I would hold off until you get an answer from your representative.

Also, I would not let the fact that a representative was not helpful to someone else discourage you from contacting them, but the list may help you to target your action to the more helpful ones first (you have 2 senators and one congressman, I would focus first on the ones that have helped others get their NOA2)

So, to kick it off, here is my input:

Congressman Mike Honda (California): Did not help. Release form submitted, response was CSC is currently processing cases at or before July 18. No NOA2 yet.

Senator Ron Wyden Democrat Oregon...emailed 4 times..two letters back basically reiterating CSC's July 18th date..with an additional promise to assist further if I haven't heard by May 1st

Representative Kurt Shraeder Democrat Oregon..a thank you for writing email on April 4th no other response

Jeff Merkley Democrat Oregon..emailed 3 days ago as of yet no response

Senator Mark Rubio Florida..emailed 3 days ago no response

Mike Huckabee emailed today awaiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Congressman McClintock, Republican from California

Emailed at 5.5 months, got a response 2 days later to fill out consent forms.

Few days later received phone call that they wouldn't do inquiry at this point.

At 6 months they made inquiry and got July, 18th BS

6.5 months another inquiry, this time with "supervisor"

Got NOA2 the following week.

I believe they definitely helped.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

Ha ha, I'm sure I'll be the last one approved in my batch.

Just burning time here, might as well make a useful thread instead of my usual ranting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just burning time here, might as well make a useful thread instead of my usual ranting.

Nah I bet it will be me! My fiance is gonna call Senator Wyden today. He has already been mentioned as not doing much but armed with that information too, well maybe we can try. Just have to get him to sit down and use the phone instead of making burn piles, feeding calves, checking pregnant goat..... :rofl: He hates paperwork type stuff, can you tell? :rofl:

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Emailed Congressmen Scott - no response

Emailed Senator Barbara Boxer - Asked for a copy of the privacy form. Sent. 2 weeks called to follow up, gave me JULY 18 BS. Said to call back in a month. BULLLLLLLSHHHHHHH.

No help for me. Yay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nope, you are getting yours very soon.

to answer the question

Senator Jeff Flake ,Arizona,- NO HELP.

Congresswoman,Krysten Sinema - NO Help (but very nice immigration reps, she will do her best to help, try them first)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nah I bet it will be me! My fiance is gonna call Senator Wyden today. He has already been mentioned as not doing much but armed with that information too, well maybe we can try. Just have to get him to sit down and use the phone instead of making burn piles, feeding calves, checking pregnant goat..... :rofl: He hates paperwork type stuff, can you tell? :rofl:

Senator Ron Wyden - Advised us by letter that he had wrote to CSC

Congressman DiFazio - Received reply today (18thApril) Standard letter asking us for info we had already supplied.

We are in Southern Oregon

Did they help? Hard to tell now since CSC is moving so fast but in this case I would say no they didn't.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Senator Diane Feinstein - Immigration Case Worker (Emily Rankin)

I emailed her my Authorization forms.

She updated me by emailing or by phone.

o Was able to tell me that my file was located from the holding room (before the CSC plumbing fiasco)

o My file was with the Adjudication Division

o Said no RFE

o Email saying that I should receive something by April 12 (or she will follow up)

o Sent an inquiry when I told her my Case Status was: Change of Address when I did not submit one.

o Sent another inquiry last week (please my birthday is coming up)

o GOT NOA2 ON MY 55TH BIRTHDAY - APRIL 25, 2013. 8 months 3 days or 246 days from NOA1 8/22/2012

Filed: Timeline

Thanks to Congresswoman Judy Chu.

I emailed her in the very beginning but received no reply. I called her office and the staff advised me to send in the authorization form. After about 3 weeks, a case worker called me. Initially, he tried to explain that based on USCIS website, the processing time is 7.5 months and I should just wait. I told him that it is not that accurate and up to date. As of that time, I have seen many approvals for November and December filers. The data is all available in visajourney.com. He then said we cannot expedite your case because your case is still within the 7.5 time frame. I responded that I am only asking for your help to inquire the status, and not expediting my case. He finally agreed to call USCIS immediately. I believe he made the call to inquire status from USCIS on my behalf the next day and I got NOA2 on the same day via USCIS status link. He called me back the following day informing me the approval and said congratulations. :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this post is extremely late but I am still bitter lol. Thankfully I've already received my NOA2 after waiting for 8 months.. but absolutely no thanks to my representatives.

My first try was calling Congressman Mike Honda's office, spoke to what sounded like a college intern. Wasn't much help.

After about a month, i again tried contacting Mike Honda this time via email. Absolutely no reply acknowledging my email. But get this, they had the nerve to add me to their newsletter distribution list!!!! I didn't know if i wanted to laugh or cry. mellow.png

Finally i wrote a letter to Senator Feinstein. Waited weeks with no reply. Whats funny is i finally got a letter back pretty much saying they can't help.. on the exact same day that i finally got my NOA2 lol. Useless.

08.07.12 ::: FedExed K1 Petition to California Service Center

08.10.12 ::: NOA1 Text

08.16.12 ::: NOA1 Receipt received in the mail

04:19.13 ::: NOA2 Text and Email (Yay!)

Timeline

I know this post is extremely late but I am still bitter lol. Thankfully I've already received my NOA2 after waiting for 8 months.. but absolutely no thanks to my representatives.

My first try was calling Congressman Mike Honda's office, spoke to what sounded like a college intern. Wasn't much help.

After about a month, i again tried contacting Mike Honda this time via email. Absolutely no reply acknowledging my email. But get this, they had the nerve to add me to their newsletter distribution list!!!! I didn't know if i wanted to laugh or cry. mellow.png

Finally i wrote a letter to Senator Feinstein. Waited weeks with no reply. Whats funny is i finally got a letter back pretty much saying they can't help.. on the exact same day that i finally got my NOA2 lol. Useless.

I notice a pattern here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hawaii's Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard was no help at all. My fiance emailed her office 3 weeks before we got NOA2, didn't even bother to respond :/

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.