NVC

Status Updated Date on CEAC.STATE.GOV

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i put into an administration process on 28th May. I got two status updates so far (29th May and 30th May). is it really a good sign ?

We also had these frequent updates after the interview. Then there was a week long pause and another update came on USA time. Now no updates are coming. It may be a good sign, we will let you know if our visa gets issued in the next month. But don't take that to mean visa will be issued in just a couple weeks. They are very busy anyway. Think in your mind of longer AP and then you can get surprise if it comes sooner.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

tulip07 - any updates?

my hubby (from Canada) has been in AP since late November 2012. I completely understand how you feel. i've been tracking everytime our case is updated and if it's linked with an inquiry - other than that - we've had only 3 updates that weren't from us (or a senator/congressman).

best of luck to everyone!

Right now I noticed that they updated my case without an inquiry. Last time it updated because I send them a freaking email. Seems like they are working on it and I was planning to call them tomorrow.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our date was updated again today without an inquiry but still in AP. We are so frustrated and depressed. Every document is there and put together meticulously complete with a toc and tabs. I just don't understand.

• 3 months later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i was interviewed on 22nd October 2013, consular said that you will get your visas within 7-10 days, but still not received! Case status still shows READY and it was last updated on 30th Oct 2013! Pls help!

• 1 year later...

Hi VJers,

How often do you see the change on the "Status Updated Date"?

What does the change mean?

It seems every time you call DOS 1 202 663 1225, there is likely a change on the "Status Updated Date". Does it occur to you in the past?

Good luck to all of you!

Hi VJers,

How often do you see the change on the "Status Updated Date"?

What does the change mean?

It seems every time you call DOS 1 202 663 1225, there is likely a change on the "Status Updated Date". Does it occur to you in the past?

Good luck to all of you!

I know its a old post, but what is this number for? Im ap for 50days now, very worried and the date didn't update since july 28.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comments. The most recent poster is welcome to start a new thread, in this same forum, with the inquiry.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.