NVC

Status Updated Date on CEAC.STATE.GOV

25 posts in this topic

Hi VJers,

How often do you see the change on the "Status Updated Date"?

What does the change mean?

It seems every time you call DOS 1 202 663 1225, there is likely a change on the "Status Updated Date". Does it occur to you in the past?

Good luck to all of you!

Whenever they respond to an inquiry either email or telephonic one they will update the status updated date, so in that case I guess it means nothing but when they update for their own then they must have been working on it, but you never know what kind of work they are doing on it but at least they are looking at it.

Mine has been updated twice in April (8th and 15th) without me sending an inquiry.

Good luck to you

Filed: Timeline

When were you put under AP? Good luck!

Whenever they respond to an inquiry either email or telephonic one they will update the status updated date, so in that case I guess it means nothing but when they update for their own then they must have been working on it, but you never know what kind of work they are doing on it but at least they are looking at it.

Mine has been updated twice in April (8th and 15th) without me sending an inquiry.

Good luck to you

My husband is in AP since October,2012 but recently his case date has been updating every day since last week but no change with his case status. :( can you guys please tell me whats going on?? how come his case status is not changing? :'(

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance has been under AP since nov in the london consulate and his case was updated april 18th, without any inquiry.

I CHOOSE to believe this a good sign! :innocent:

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

• 3 weeks later...

My fiance has been under AP since nov in the london consulate and his case was updated april 18th, without any inquiry.

I CHOOSE to believe this a good sign! :innocent:

It actually is! Anything new?

no case updated since April 26, 13

its been more than 7 months since my husband is n AP cray5ol.gif

I would say your update is very recent, let's hope for another update soon!

My husband is in AP since October,2012 but recently his case date has been updating every day since last week but no change with his case status. sad.gif can you guys please tell me whats going on?? how come his case status is not changing? :'(

Thank you

Update Everyday, I would say it is fantastic!!!

My case never updates unless my congressman contacts the consulate, is this a bad sign?

No, it is normal.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Last day i got this email from embassy..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that your submitted documents were received, reviewed and found good to support your visa application. However, the administrative processing on your visa application is still pending. Once it is done we our office will contact you. We remind at this time that we still cannot predict the time this processing still may take

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

good, it is a positive sign that your case is actively being worked on, hopefully it will end real soon.

Last day i got this email from embassy..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that your submitted documents were received, reviewed and found good to support your visa application. However, the administrative processing on your visa application is still pending. Once it is done we our office will contact you. We remind at this time that we still cannot predict the time this processing still may take

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When I call DOS my status date does not change.

It's always good when they are working on your case and the status update changes. The thing to look for is it changing almost everyday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yesterday night (2:00am). My phone was on vibration mode. I missed the calls from unknown numbers. It was not from Pakistan. I do not have any access to call them back on those numbers. Really worried.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.