I & B

CSC Delay Projection Graphs

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Timeline

Just realized that a small mistake on my part when transposing data caused a small glitch with the graph for scenario 1. It doesn't at all affect the analysis and only slightly alters the underlying figures. Below is the updated graph. You can see, it lacks the small jump in processing time from Oct filers that was visible in the one in the OP. That's the only change.

csc1_zps6793eef8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The thing is, this processing out of order in high numbers is going to make it difficult to guess what the CSC will do next, or when your application will be processed. Unless they just stop what they are doing, it appears that most Mid-nov-mid Dec applications will be done in a month. So are they also putting resources on older applications, or even taking away resources to get these Nov-Dec applications through? That would not be cool.

Edited by Bayareaguy

Timeline

The thing is, this processing out of order in high numbers is going to make it difficult to guess what the CSC will do next, or when your application will be processed. Unless they just stop what they are doing, it appears that most Mid-nov-mid Dec applications will be done in a month. So are they also putting resources on older applications, or even taking away resources to get these Nov-Dec applications through? That would not be cool.

Well, I agree that processing a lot of people out of order would throw my calculations off a bit. But one week does not a trend make. I'll give it another week before I make changes based on the Nov/Dec completions. I'm not underestimating the USCIS's incompetence; I'm merely questioning whether they will commit to completing any I-129Fs at this point.

Good job again I&B. I've been busy working on my Youtube lately and my friend is coming over today to give it a second set of eyes.

You got it. Let me know if you'd like any custom graphs or anything for the video. I didn't include the datatables for these graphs in the calculator spreadsheet because they'd slow it down too much for most users.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

If you would like some more data to refine your plots a bit, I can tell you there are still 550 cases still open from July 18 - July 31. I am Aug 2, with 26 cases open between us and Aug 1.

Timeline

If you would like some more data to refine your plots a bit, I can tell you there are still 550 cases still open from July 18 - July 31. I am Aug 2, with 26 cases open between us and Aug 1.

That's from the USCIS website WAC numbers? That actually could be really useful if so. I could pin down the March/Feb numbers with a lot more confidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, CSC could have finished up more than half of the remaining July cases instead of last weeks Nov-Dec approvals (based on the 5% VJ/USCIS correlation), but they chose not to.

Timeline

Figured I'd throw one more graph out here:

This one is a comparison of VSC and CSC processing times over the past two years with the assumption that neither changes from it's January, 2013 pace. The divergence at the end of the graph is thus a little bit unrealistic because I do not believe that the VSC has sustained it's incredibly high 4400+ January rate, but I think the graph is still interesting to see (1) yes, my completion algorithm works constitently well for both service centers and (2) yes, the VSC has historically had a much worse processing delay than the CSC, with June, 2012 filers being the first batch in a long time to actually fare better at the VSC.

cscvvsc1_zpsac62fbd6.png

Timeline

Yes these are wac's

Ok. I gotta think about exactly how to use that info with my existing stats, but I'm sure I will be able to get some better Feb/March estimates with them at minimum. Thanks again for sharing.

I just received my NOA1 from the CSC. And I have two questions, regarding this:

1. Why have they been stuck at July 18 for 4 months? Any speculation as to why? Precedence?

2. Why have they been approving November and December applications by the load with the bulk of July-October applicants still waiting? Any speculation for this apparent leapfrog? And precedence of such a leapfrog in the past?

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

I just received my NOA1 from the CSC. And I have two questions, regarding this:

1. Why have they been stuck at July 18 for 4 months? Any speculation as to why? Precedence?

2. Why have they been approving November and December applications by the load with the bulk of July-October applicants still waiting? Any speculation for this apparent leapfrog? And precedence of such a leapfrog in the past?

1. They basically stopped processing I-129Fs in meaningful numbers in November. This wind down was the result of their intense focus on quickly processing DACA petitions. There is past precedent for them slowing down the processing of one petition type temporarily and then ramping up approvals later in order to maintain a completion rate that allows them to keep a set time frame. In fact, mathematically, this approach makes a ton of sense: so long as they can keep the cycle (boom and bust) within the set processing time frames, the boom will cancel out the bust and no petition will be negatively affected; to the contrary, they would be able to apply the efficiency gains of focusing on one petition type towards completing all petitions more quickly using this system. I highly, highly suspect this is exactly what their operating plan is.

But it went terribly wrong this time. The bust far outstripped the boom and thus you see the rise in the average processing time for all I-129Fs. Note how returning to the median processing time only then locks in a steady rate at a longer average delay. That's because the median completion rate, not coincidentally, is roughly equally to the median receipt rate, which is more evidence that the system is designed for balanced booms and busts. Right now, however, we just need a really big boom to drive down the average rate. And, as you can see, even with very large booms over several months, July, August, September, and December filers will not realistically be able to get approved near the 5 month mark (unless, like the recent spate of december petitions, they are processed out of order).

2. According to posts today, the CSC claims that was a mistake. If it was, it was an unbelievably negligent one that demonstrates very poor situational awareness on the part of at least some of the managers and staff. And that actually makes me kinda believe them, haha.

Edited by I & B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.