rawas

Confused about my case!

21 posts in this topic

with along difficulty because busy lines, i succed to speak to NVC representative man asking him about my case number , he said i d'ont have your case , i was trying to understand wich case he means case number or the whole case file from uscis ! he said twice " i d'ont have your case man !! " i d'ont have you case man !! "bye"

this is crazy !

normally this is the way how they help and assist collers?

Or i d'ont understand like it should ?

we got approved more than 22 days ago?

good luck to everybody

Edited by sabiine

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

I think they refer to the uscis.gov/ site when they look for your case. It is public info and you can check it yourself. If it not updated online that means the person on the phone can't check your status. That doesn't mean much though since the site is not updated correctly.

Edited by Mariana2012

Adjusting from B1/B2

Exactly 3 months from the day we got married till the day I had both SSN and GREENCARD in hand !

Day 1 01/22/2013 AOS package sent

Day 8 01/28/2013 NOA 1 received

Day 15 02/04/2013Biometrics appt letter for 2/25/2013

Day 16 02/05/2013 Succesful walk in biometrics 20 days early

Day 25 02/14/2013 USCIS status changed to Testing and Interview ready for interview scheduling

Day 31 02/20/2013 Email notification that my interview is scheduled for March 21st

Day 57 03/19/2013 EAD/AP card ordered

Day 59 03/21/2013 Interview at 10.30 am Seattle Approved

Day 67 03/29/ 2013 Greencard Arrived . Applied for SSN

Day 68 03/30/2013 EAD arrived

Day 74 04/03/2013 SSN card arrived

Eligible for ROC December 21st 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

with along difficulty because busy lines, i succed to speak to NVC representative man asking him about my case number , he said i d'ont have your case , i was trying to understand wich case he means case number or the whole case file from uscis ! he said twice " i d'ont have your case man !! " i d'ont have you case man !! "bye"

this is crazy !

good luck to everybody

Try calling DOS instead. You can find their contact number on the dept of state website in the contact us section. They can usually give you more/better information.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I think they refer to the uscis.gov/ site when they look for your case. It is public info and you can check it yourself. If it not updated online that means the person on the phone can't check your status. That doesn't mean much though since the site is not updated correctly.

we got approval notice 22 days ago, we called USCIS as soon as we got approved asking them about our case status and why it's still in initial review they said they have not yet update the site and the hard copy approval notice is enough for us to know we are approved

may be our case status will remain initial review forever

i was just wondering what he meant by he d'ont have our case ?

he meant they have not yet receive our application from USCIS?

Edited by sabiine

Try calling DOS instead. You can find their contact number on the dept of state website in the contact us section. They can usually give you more/better information.

we called USCIS 1 week ago, they said they sent the approved application to NVC that's why i was wondering what this man he meant by he d'ont have my case

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

this is crazy !

good luck to everybody

Hi,

It usually takes a few days to a few weeks for NVC to receive your case from USCIS and log it into their computer system. The same happened to me (this is normal). My case was approved by USCIS and it took exactly 2 weeks for NVC to log it into their computer system. I called one time everyday and finally on the 15th day, the rep told me: "we just logged in your case yesterday, give us a few more days to send you the AOS Bill" and then 2 days later, I received an emailed AOS Bill and emailed copies of what was sent to my husband. I think it really helps if you sign up for email notification with NVC, you'll get things sooner than waiting for them to come in the mail.

Good Luck - you are on your way!

Edited by dailypattern

io7uy9xfh.png

31d2919881.png

bdcc5f377b.png

Hi,

It usually takes a few days to a few weeks for NVC to receive your case from USCIS and log it into their computer system. The same happened to me (this is normal). My case was approved by USCIS and it took exactly 2 weeks for NVC to log it into their computer system. I called one time everyday and finally on the 15th day, the rep told me: "we just logged in your case yesterday, give us a few more days to send you the AOS Bill" and then 2 days later, I received an emailed AOS Bill and emailed copies of what was sent to my husband. I think it really helps if you sign up for email notification with NVC, you'll get things sooner than waiting for them to come in the mail.

Good Luck - you are on your way!

how to sign up for email notification with NVC?

i'll give them the email addresses (once we have a case number), ALL correspondence from NVC will be sent through email , and we will email ds-3032

by this way i'll sign up for email notification with NVC ?

Edited by sabiine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

how to sign up for email notification with NVC?

i'll give them the email addresses (once we have a case number), ALL correspondence from NVC will be sent through email , and we will email ds-3032

by this way i'll sign up for email notification with NVC ?

Hello again,

If you did not sign up for Email Notification with your I-130/I-129F application, you will have to wait for NVC to get you a case number, before you can give them your email address. I signed up for email notification along with my I-130 application, so, USCIS forwarded my email address along with my approved case to NVC.

Use your USCIS receipt number everyday when you call NVC. They can use that number to locate your NVC case number (if it has been generated) and then, ask the rep to give you your NVC case number (that's what I did).

Yes, you can email the ds-3032, that is what we did. Be prepared, that takes awhile for NVC to log also. We sent our ds-3032 9 days ago and NVC still has not entered it onto our case. The rep let me know that once it is entered, they will email me the IV Bill and it too can be paid online.

Unfortunately, patience is the name of this game!

Good luck!

io7uy9xfh.png

31d2919881.png

bdcc5f377b.png

Hello again,

If you did not sign up for Email Notification with your I-130/I-129F application, you will have to wait for NVC to get you a case number, before you can give them your email address. I signed up for email notification along with my I-130 application, so, USCIS forwarded my email address along with my approved case to NVC.

Use your USCIS receipt number everyday when you call NVC. They can use that number to locate your NVC case number (if it has been generated) and then, ask the rep to give you your NVC case number (that's what I did).

Yes, you can email the ds-3032, that is what we did. Be prepared, that takes awhile for NVC to log also. We sent our ds-3032 9 days ago and NVC still has not entered it onto our case. The rep let me know that once it is entered, they will email me the IV Bill and it too can be paid online.

Unfortunately, patience is the name of this game!

Good luck!

if you mean notification of application /petition acceptance yes we submittd it with i-130package that's why we got notified by (text/email/.... we are approved ,

In NVC we will follow new steps, hopefuly we will get our case number soon, i'll just call more NVC and may be i'll call USCIS again to find out when (date) they sent our case to NVC

each stage has new difficulties

I really appreciate all your help and suggestions

Timeline

is this normal?

what should i do now?

call USCIS again ?

or NVC ?

No I said call dept of state not USCIS not NVC. The deportment of state visa inquires line. http://contact-us.state.gov/app/answers/list

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

No I said call dept of state not USCIS not NVC. The deportment of state visa inquires line. http://contact-us.state.gov/app/answers/list

ah i thought you said call department of state homeland security uscis or national visa center

is this the number correct?

Visa Information:

202-663-1225

What is the relationship between USCIS and NVC and this department of state ? by the way i'm the beneficiary :bonk:

Edited by sabiine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

this is crazy !

good luck to everybody

Don't be confused its just not there yet. If you come on over to the NVC filers thread you will see person after person waiting asking. It's taking 4 to 6 weeks (some more than 2 months) for their cases to get to NVC.

The operator saying they don't have your case well its not either logged yet or in the system. But you do have to be diligent and call NVC and followup some cases have just gone all over the place.

I recommend you join the NVC filers thread read Post #1 and Post #2. And you have to just wait neither NVC or USCIS will do anything until you hit the 30 day mark.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

ah i thought you said call department of state homeland security uscis or national visa center

is this the number correct?

Visa Information:

202-663-1225

What is the relationship between USCIS and NVC and this department of state ? by the way i'm the beneficiary :bonk:

Yes thats the correct number to call. DOS oversees everyone else.

Don't be confused its just not there yet. If you come on over to the NVC filers thread you will see person after person waiting asking. It's taking 4 to 6 weeks (some more than 2 months) for their cases to get to NVC.

The operator saying they don't have your case well its not either logged yet or in the system. But you do have to be diligent and call NVC and followup some cases have just gone all over the place.

I recommend you join the NVC filers thread read Post #1 and Post #2. And you have to just wait neither NVC or USCIS will do anything until you hit the 30 day mark.

thank you for your answer but i really wonder where is the case now i know USCIS they sent it to NVC but what makes me wonder more is the case status wich is still in initial review if the opertor just refer to the website thy will never give any case number i guess,it's been 3 weeks since we got approved , i know we may wait more :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.