Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

I don't know who would say that you needed to reapply from the start. That is just crazy. Even they lose the I-130, USCIS can have new copies sent to NVC.

But it is the unnecessary wait that is painful.

YES, that would be totally BS telling you to restart I-130 and the long line of now addition $420 damage twice. I would write a letter to President never mind congressman. :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

If you claim self employed and in the instruction of I-864 you will need to prove it with a tax id tie to your business. I don't think a letter head explaining washing car in your spare time will be sufficient or even get you through with CO during interview. Best thing to do now is start looking for a sponsor quick or use your asset. Just my 2 cents, unless the forum have better ideas or I'm wrong.

i called and all they tell me is if im self-employed all they want is a cover letter and in that letter stat how i go about washing cars i don't think is that big of a deal.

no i don't work for any company i just go around and wash peoples cars my connections are through friends and family i only do that when im off from school i reported taxes but i had to get a co-sponsor which the nvc says its alright they just want a letter with the information of a business and i guess imma print out a business card that should help?

Ah...didn't see this post. IMO if you already have a sponsor, call NVC and asks them if can you resubmit AOS package because you were confuse about self employed part as this is a bla...bla. I would checked Unemployed and let your sponsor take over the payment, looks cleaner that way. My 3 cents. :lol:

I remember seeing someone here resubmitting AOS package.

Or like Zandro said in ealier post.

Edited by Readerchoice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Ah...didn't see this post. IMO if you already have a sponsor, call NVC and asks them if can you resubmit AOS package because you were confuse about self employed part as this is a bla...bla. I would checked Unemployed and let your sponsor take over the payment, looks cleaner that way. My 3 cents. :lol:

I remember seeing someone here resubmitting AOS package.

yea i was thinking maybe that could work too but if i resend the AOS i have to wait another 10 - 20 business days again or would it be quicker this time around?

yea i was thinking maybe that could work too but if i resend the AOS i have to wait another 10 - 20 business days again or would it be quicker this time around?

IMO if you wants solid exceution at interview in your case....get a sponsor that meet or exceed 125% PG and just check off unemployed, let the sponsor take care of the payment this will look much cleaner on your AOS. I think most people trying to prove that they have a job and are able to responsible for beneficiary when they arrive, which cost more headache than just go with the flow. Like Zandro said " don't make anything up ", perjury will not end up good.

If you decided to submit a cover letter without a sponsor as you mention earlier, I urge that you read the I-864 instruction prior doing so because you'll need to show them a tax-id and NVC assume you knew this on the call.

Hello VJ People,

I am very impatient person... I was hoping that NVC will approve AOS and IV package and will forward my document to the Consulate in 30 days, but now I am getting more and more depressed because 1 month passed and yesterday NVC told me to wait 3-4 weeks while they will approve IV package.

04-03-2013 sent IV

04-09-2013 sent originals of birth and marriage certificates

I feel hopeless, because I cannot make the NVC process faster, and I miss my husband and I miss my life in USA...

I just want to go back to USA and live happily, but I feel depressed because each day of wait postpones my interview at the consulate...

Marriage : 2009-12-23I-130 Sent : 2012-06-11I-130 NOA1 : 2012-06-12I-130 Approved : 2013-02-13I-797 received : 2013-02-14NVC Received : 2013-02-18Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-03-13Paid I-864 Bill : 2013-03-13Emailed DS-3032: 2013-03-13Sent AOS paskage :2013-03-16 / approved 03-28Receive I-864 Package : 2013-03-18DS-3032 approved: 2013-03-27Paid IV bill: 2013-03-29 / shows paid 04-02Sent IV : 04-03 Additional docs sent 04-09IV package reviewed, but sent RFE: 2013-04-17Case completed: 2013-04-22Interview date assigned: 2013-05-01Interview: 2013-06-04 Trip to USA: 2013-06-06

Hello VJ People,

I am very impatient person... I was hoping that NVC will approve AOS and IV package and will forward my document to the Consulate in 30 days, but now I am getting more and more depressed because 1 month passed and yesterday NVC told me to wait 3-4 weeks while they will approve IV package.

04-03-2013 sent IV

04-09-2013 sent originals of birth and marriage certificates

I feel hopeless, because I cannot make the NVC process faster, and I miss my husband and I miss my life in USA...

I just want to go back to USA and live happily, but I feel depressed because each day of wait postpones my interview at the consulate...

I'm just curious your hubby got his naturalization certificate on 5/2011 but you guys filed on 6/2011 a month loss. :huh:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

YES, that would be totally BS telling you to restart I-130 and the long line of now addition $420 damage twice. I would write a letter to President never mind congressman. :lol:

Agreed, total BS. I was told yesterday from USCIS rep. that I need to wait 90 days for USCIS to send I-130 approval. I stopped her right there and asked to connect me to tier 2 IO.

Agreed, total BS. I was told yesterday from USCIS rep. that I need to wait 90 days for USCIS to send I-130 approval. I stopped her right there and asked to connect me to tier 2 IO.

Honestly, be sweet with them on the phone even though you're p**** off :lol:, if you wants to motivate your case sooner to result instead of leave it to beaver (F* it). :lol:

I'm just curious your hubby got his naturalization certificate on 5/2011 but you guys filed on 6/2011 a month loss. :huh:

Not everyone files as soon as they're able to. We married in May, yet only filed the I-130 petition in August. I've seen cases here where people have been married for years before filing.

Not everyone files as soon as they're able to. We married in May, yet only filed the I-130 petition in August. I've seen cases here where people have been married for years before filing.

:thumbs: After reading her post.....I just looked at her signature timeline and wonder that could save her 1 month been together, just a curiosity no biggy. :lol:

I just called NVC, our IV Package is complete and accepted! :dance: Yay!

I mailed my AOS yesterday so will have to wait about 2 more weeks to hear back from that!

Sooooo close to the finish line! :blush:

As of now it seem like this whole forum is coming close to the finish line. :dance::lol: It was sure high traffic at beginning with people checking in like Motel 8. :lol: And now time to check out. :yes:

:thumbs: After reading her post.....I just looked at her signature timeline and wonder that could save her 1 month been together, just a curiosity no biggy. :lol:

Yes you are right... we could have saved that month... but... last year is last year... and tomorrow is a new day and I am hoping for the good news...

If you would know ... My whole life is a wait... I waited 4 years, while my husband became a citizen and finally filed I-130... I waited while they approved I-130... and now I am waiting... I live 6 months in Lithuania and 6 months in USA since 2007... Do you know how it is painful not to have a normal life?... I know NVC is very busy, but I also want to be happy...

Marriage : 2009-12-23I-130 Sent : 2012-06-11I-130 NOA1 : 2012-06-12I-130 Approved : 2013-02-13I-797 received : 2013-02-14NVC Received : 2013-02-18Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-03-13Paid I-864 Bill : 2013-03-13Emailed DS-3032: 2013-03-13Sent AOS paskage :2013-03-16 / approved 03-28Receive I-864 Package : 2013-03-18DS-3032 approved: 2013-03-27Paid IV bill: 2013-03-29 / shows paid 04-02Sent IV : 04-03 Additional docs sent 04-09IV package reviewed, but sent RFE: 2013-04-17Case completed: 2013-04-22Interview date assigned: 2013-05-01Interview: 2013-06-04 Trip to USA: 2013-06-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.