Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

By the way arriyan, from when you initially submitted the IV package (without the Singapore Police Certificate) until you got the Singapore Police Certificate (after NVC sent you a checklist), how long did it take you ? We are going mail our original IV package (no Singapore Police Certificate yet :() today so we just want to estimate how long it will take until we can get a case complete.

Hi Apalis

Sent IV package -- 02/27/2013

Received Checklist SG COC -- 03/08/2013

Sent SG COC -- 03/25/2013

Called NVC -- 04/10/2013 (found out case complete)

Received complee email -- 04/15/2013

FYI, you can try to get SG COC with a copy of letter that NVC sent to you with DS3032.

If you can, it will save your processing time.

Hi Apalis

Sent IV package -- 02/27/2013

Received Checklist SG COC -- 03/08/2013

Sent SG COC -- 03/25/2013

Called NVC -- 04/10/2013 (found out case complete)

Received complee email -- 04/15/2013

FYI, you can try to get SG COC with a copy of letter that NVC sent to you with DS3032.

If you can, it will save your processing time.

Thanks for the information but I guess we will mail out the IV package today first. Then we will go the Singapore Police sometimes this week to try to get the Police Certificate with the letter accompanying the DS-3032.

Have you confirmed that this works ? Will they let you apply for the appeal to get the Police Cert. without the NVC checklist ?

Thanks saline , But my husband just called them and they said they didn't receive the IV package till now although when i called earlier today a nice lady told me they received both packages , accept AOS and still reviewing the IV package . Is that normal after saying they are reviewing it , they say we didn't receive it ??

I've seen discrepancies before between operators, that's why I always suggest calling NVC a few times to get a majority answer.

Just called NVC and I will be getting a checklist for a missing birth certificate(it was burnt in a fire) I sent in the certificate from the issuing authority stating that they didn't couldn't find the info and also sent in the certificate of baptism. I told the guy at NVC that I will bring the document to the interview, he said that I have to send it in to NVC. Is that correct Saylin? Should I wait until I get the checklist to let them know that I will bring it to the interview? Thanks

Shoot an email pronto with the subject line beginning with 'Supervisor Review', followed by your case number and beneficiary's full name. Explain the situation and ask for the case to be closed and you'll bring the certificate to the interview. It's not guaranteed to be accepted, but it's worth a shot.

yea i just called to and they told me they are reviewing the AOS and they need proof of employment #######!! i send all of that there is no way they could have lost it?! so she told me to wait for the checklist i think imma call again tomorrow that has to be a false checklist?!

If they're asking for something specific, then it's not a false checklist. A false checklist is only when they ask for the other, ENTIRE package.

What proof of employment did you send?

My case was completed last week.

today, I received an email from NVC.

Dear Sir or Madam:

The National Visa Center has received all documentation necessary to complete pre-processing

of your case. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner

and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment

until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of

the interview. Additional documentation requirements if applicable can be referenced at

the following URL:

I hope interview date is coming soon. :)

That's the case complete email good.gif

Thanks for the information but I guess we will mail out the IV package today first. Then we will go the Singapore Police sometimes this week to try to get the Police Certificate with the letter accompanying the DS-3032.

Have you confirmed that this works ? Will they let you apply for the appeal to get the Police Cert. without the NVC checklist ?

Actually, I requested COC with checklist.

Someone told me to try this way before we get checklist.

Actually, I requested COC with checklist.

Someone told me to try this way before we get checklist.

Ah thanks, it's worth a try then. Thanks for the info :). I guess I will give them a call first to see if they accept it. If yes, then we will visit them this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I've seen discrepancies before between operators, that's why I always suggest calling NVC a few times to get a majority answer.

Shoot an email pronto with the subject line beginning with 'Supervisor Review', followed by your case number and beneficiary's full name. Explain the situation and ask for the case to be closed and you'll bring the certificate to the interview. It's not guaranteed to be accepted, but it's worth a shot.

If they're asking for something specific, then it's not a false checklist. A false checklist is only when they ask for the other, ENTIRE package.

Thank you Saylin

Grew up in same home town
Got together Summer 2011
Got married in HT 8/4/12

USCIS
10/11/12 Sent I130 to Chicago lockbox
10/12/12 Received and receipt date
10/15/12 Text and email from USCIS
02/16/13 NOA2 approval via text
02/19/13 Email Notification of mailing of NOA2

NVC
03/04/13 Received
03/15/13 Case # and IIN
03/16/13 Email DS-3032
03/20/13 AOS Invoiced
03/20/13 AOS Paid
03/21/13 Sent AOS package via UPS
03/22/13 AOS package received
03/22/13 AOS appeared as paid on payment portal
03/22/13 Resent DS-3032 with Supervisor Review
03/25/13 DS-3032 accepted
03/26/13 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/29/13 IV bill shown as paid on payment portal
04/02/13 IV package sent
04/03/13 IV package received by NVC
04/04/13 AOS package accepted. No checklist
04/15/13 Called NVC and was told will be getting checklist for Birth certificate
04/16/13 called and spoke to supervisor and mentioned I sent certificate of baptism and will bring birth certificate to interview.
He said he was going to review the case again and let me know
04/17/13 Received email checklist
04/19/13 Supervisor called back, left voicemail, case complete.

Post NVC

06/10/13 Medical

06/21/13 Picked up medical

06/24/13 Interview - Approved

06/25/13 Visa issued

07/02/13 Passport pickup

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

my taxes i only started working this year they ask for pay stubs i don't get those im self employed i don't work for a company thats y i say its a mistake and i did send them a latter explaining y in the past two years i did not report taxes because i was and still im a full time student

my taxes i only started working this year they ask for pay stubs i don't get those im self employed i don't work for a company thats y i say its a mistake and i did send them a latter explaining y in the past two years i did not report taxes because i was and still im a full time student

Wait for the checklist to see what it specifically says then.

Any luck? My checklist just arrived there this morning, gonna start calling in a few days. It's wierd, i'm actually... HAPPY to be calling, rather than waiting on documents. sad.gif

Congrats to you and your entire family! kicking.gif

Not yet. Also I did not call today, will call at the end of this week now.

Edited by ess

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since the IV and AOS were delivered to the NVC, my congressman liaison requested an expedite Friday. I requested she hold off until I sent the AOS and IV packets to ensure the complete packets will be forwarded to the consulate. She said she will follow up this Friday to find out. Crossing my fingers.

H9Opm4.png?Ef96n7x7

D8vLm5.png

USCIS
11/15/2012- Filed I-130 through USPS
11/17/2012- USPS confirmed delivery
11/19/2012- USCIS text for receiving form (priority date 11/19/2012) to NBC
11/22/2012- NOA1 Hardcopy Received from NBC
12/18/2012 - Touched
12/18/2012 - Case status finally visible
02/01/2013 - NOA 2: APPROVED text received (74 days)
02/07/2013 - Hard copy NOA2

NVC
04/02/2013 - NVC Received
04/03/2013 - Received IIN & NVC Case Number (Congressman requested expedite due to USCIS & NVC Snafu)
04/03/2013 - Send DS-3032 Email
04/04/2013 - Received I-864 Bill
04/04/2013 - Pay I-864 Bill
04/05/2013 - Shipped Completed I-864
04/08/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
04/08/2013 - AOS Delivered
04/09/2013 - Receive IV Bill
04/09/2013 - IV Bill PAID
04/10/2013 - IV Package shipped
04/11/2013 - IV Package delivered
04/18/2013 - AOS Accepted - False IV Checklist received
04/23/2013 - Case Completed at NVC (16 Business Days or 22 Calendar Days)

Embassy
05/23/2013 - Medical
05/13/2013 - Embassy Received
06/12/2013 - Interview Date
APPROVED - Interview Result
XX/XX/XXXX-Visa
07/06/2013 - POE Newark

Well yesterday I received an email saying that they have the IV package and it is being uploaded to our case file and Hubby got one this morning about the AOS. So hopefully we will have a case complete by the end of the week! When I called NVC last night, the guy said nothing had been reviewed yet. I work today and tomorrow, so I will call again Thursday. Unless I have this huge urge to call them sooner!

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

I received both of those emails last week, one on wed for the IV and one on Thurs for the AOS and had a case complete by Monday! Cross yer fingers!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I'm not sure which is more nerve racking... Waiting for the I-130 to be approved to get to NVC, or waiting on a case complete and an interview date from NVC?! :lol:

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.