Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

I saw a lot of people received case complete email.

Why I didn't receive even my case is completed.

If you're not an EP country you may not receive one. It's not a big deal.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi guys, I am getting ready to send in my DS-230 package. I have one last question about the DS-230 however. For the police cert, can I send in the certified copy one or do I absolutely have to send in the original one ? It was quite hard for my wife to obtain the police certificate and the last thing we want to happen is for it to get lost in the mail.

Please kindly advise us. Thank you so much for your kind helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys, I am getting ready to send in my DS-230 package. I have one last question about the DS-230 however. For the police cert, can I send in the certified copy one or do I absolutely have to send in the original one ? It was quite hard for my wife to obtain the police certificate and the last thing we want to happen is for it to get lost in the mail.

I believe it has to be the original.

USCIS

10/04/2012-USCIS Received date/ Priority date

02/16/2013-NOA 2: APPROVED

02/19/2013-NOA 2: Notice Date

02/22/2013-Hard copy NOA2 received

NVC

03/04/2013 or 03/08/2013-NVC Received

03/22/2013-NVC Case Number

03/25/2013-Sent DS-3032 emailed

03/27/2013-DS-3032 Accepted

03/26/2013-Received I-864 Bill

03/26/2013-Paid & Mailed I-864

03/28/2013-I-864 Packet received at NVC

03/29/2013-I-864 Showing PAID

03/28/2013-Received IV Bill

03/28/2013-IV Bill PAID & Mailed

03/30/2013-IV Showing PAID

04/01/2013-IV Packet received at NVC

04/09/2013-I-864 Accepted

04/12/2013-IV Accepted

04/12/2013-Case Completed at NVC

Embassy

05/08/2013-Embassy Received

05/23/2013-Medical

06/06/2013-Interview Date-APPROVED

06/22/2013-POE-CALIFORNIA

I saw a lot of people received case complete email.

Why I didn't receive even my case is completed.

You asked this two days ago and received replies.

See my reply here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422214-nvc-filers-april-2013/page__view__findpost__p__6145988

I believe it has to be the original.

Thank you SundayBelinda :), Saylin could you please help me confirm if I need to send the original police cert or a certified copy will do ?

My wife asked the Vietnamese police to provide her 2 police cert but they refused and said that they could only provide one. We got only one so we went to the local govt office and got another 5 copies certified. We have a lot of certified copies for the police cert but only 1 original. We don't want anything bad to happen at this stage :crying:

Edited by Apalis

Thank you SundayBelinda :), Saylin could you please help me confirm if I need to send the original police cert or a certified copy will do ?

My wife asked the Vietnamese police to provide her 2 police cert but they refused and said that they could only provide one. We got only one so we went to the local govt office and got another 5 copies certified. We have a lot of certified copies for the police cert but only 1 original. We don't want anything bad to happen at this stage :crying:

Original for police certificates as you don't get those back at the interview. All other certificates (birth, marriage, etc) can be certified copies.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

If you have a certified copy and original, why not send in the original and if it got lost in the mail you can resubmit the certified with explanation along with a receipt from post office that you had already send out the original but it got lost.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Just an FYI for long time VJ users. NVC does open your mail the day it arrives in the mail room and rubber stamp it with the date it arrived. We received our files back from NVC with the DS-230 stamped on every page.

Forgot to say that when I called after my case was expedited and sent to the embassy leaving my DS-230 and civil documents orphaned at NVC the operators kept telling me they hadn't received my IV packet yet. Supervisors were only aware that it was there because I convinced them it was by saying I had tracked it as received on the 18th. Yes, they have a serious problem with keeping track of stuff after it arrives in the mail room and before it's pulled from the "shelf" of cases. Thank the Booble, I only need to go through this process once.laughing.gif

DSCN0856.jpg

Original for police certificates as you don't get those back at the interview. All other certificates (birth, marriage, etc) can be certified copies.

If you have a certified copy and original, why not send in the original and if it got lost in the mail you can resubmit the certified with explanation along with a receipt from post office that you had already send out the original but it got lost.

That's a good idea. I wonder why I didn't think of that :blush:. Thank you Saylin and Readerchoice, I will mail my wife's original police cert. then. Thank you for all your helps :). You guys rock !!

From what i've read, it takes about the same time as it does to review anything else, so approximately 2 weeks. I just mailed my checklist yesterday, so it'll be 2 weeks from tomorrow. sad.gif I put URGENT and IMPORTANT on the envelope inside the mailing envelope, hoping it helps catch someones attention and they review it faster! laughing.gif

Well My 2nd week has been started 3 days before, lets see now if I get good news this week or no. its so depressing, one checklist and the whole process delayed by one month :(

Well My 2nd week has been started 3 days before, lets see now if I get good news this week or no. its so depressing, one checklist and the whole process delayed by one month :(

Well in my case, I actually WANT them to issue me a checklist. Otherwise, my wife won't be able to get her Singapore Police Cert. The Singapore Police Department is literally a pain in the ***.

My wife's visa was issued today. Very happy.smile.gif We'll be going in tomorrow morning to pick it up. Only one person allowed to go in.

Mekicking.gif

Wife kicking.gif

Son kicking.gif

Daughter kicking.gif

Congrats!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It feels so weird not to worry about the visa process anymore! :rofl::bonk:

I'm happy and relieved and remember feeling like we'd never see the light at the end of the tunnel and, all of a sudden, it's done and we made it.

I'd like to say a huge (F) THANK YOU (F) to the "VJ community" for their help and support. Being able to be here and share our stories really made a big difference as I was navigating through all the steps.

Good luck to everyone!

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.