Christian S

NAIA TERMINAL FEE AND TRAVEL TAX

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ USERS,

Well I'm finally gonna see my fiancee and son after 1 year of not seeing her and not being there for my sons birth anyways my fiancee is flying with our son on March 26 my question is does anyone now the current fee at NAIA for the terminal fee and travel tax? I tried googling it but I can't to seem to find an updated site that tells me the current fees. I knew she had to pay a terminal fee and from what I remember it was 750 but I heard it has changed a few times went to 500 now 700 and so on and so on but I never knew about the travel tax, will she have to pay two travel taxes and terminal fees for my son? She will be using the k1 visa to enter and my son will be using his US passport to enter but departing with a Philippine passport. Anybody know the real price? Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Terminal fees vary from airport to airport and season to season I guess. Bring 750php just to be on the safe side NAIA 1 was like 750Php NAIA3 was 550PhP( don't ask me why). As far as the Philippine Travel Tax it's only applicable to Filipino Citizens leaving PI to go abroad, which is why you most likely never heard of it(They only juice there own citizens, because THEY CAN). That happened to my wife(her first time out of the country) and I last September, CFO never mentioned the Travel Tax(even though the person at the airport insists that it's something CFO mentions to everyone) which was around 1640PhP. Of course they accept cash PhP or the uquivalent($$USD preferred/accepted ;) only(no credit card or anything with a paper trail). Anyways depending on how you purchased your fiancee's ticket the Travel Tax may or may not be included with the purchase. If you were like me where we purchased directly from United Airlines, the fee was NOT Included(since this bogus practice is in Philippines ONLY , the airline never sees any of that money). If your fiancee purchased the ticket in PI they usually include it with the price. Take a look at your receipt and it will indicate whether the travel tax has been paid. Your son being a US Citizen by birth shouldn't have to pay for the travel tax, but will most likely pay the terminal fee(but who knows since your child will be Dual Citizen by birth, they might want to juice him too just in case be prepared for it either way)

Edited by YourHumboldtBud

Hello VJ USERS,

Well I'm finally gonna see my fiancee and son after 1 year of not seeing her and not being there for my sons birth anyways my fiancee is flying with our son on March 26 my question is does anyone now the current fee at NAIA for the terminal fee and travel tax? I tried googling it but I can't to seem to find an updated site that tells me the current fees. I knew she had to pay a terminal fee and from what I remember it was 750 but I heard it has changed a few times went to 500 now 700 and so on and so on but I never knew about the travel tax, will she have to pay two travel taxes and terminal fees for my son? She will be using the k1 visa to enter and my son will be using his US passport to enter but departing with a Philippine passport. Anybody know the real price? Thanks in advance.

Hi, we just flew last week and the terminal fee is 550 and the travel tax is 1620 pesos. Yes they will both pay both fees

Since she is a Phil. citizen her travel tax is going to be 1620P and if she in flying out of manila the terminal fee there is 750P - person. If she is flying out of a regional airport there might be additional, terminal fees - per person. I hope everyone has the needed stamps in their passport(s).

Timeline

The Terminal fees vary from airport to airport and season to season I guess. Bring 750php just to be on the safe side NAIA 1 was like 750Php NAIA3 was 550PhP( don't ask me why). As far as the Philippine Travel Tax it's only applicable to Filipino Citizens leaving PI to go abroad, which is why you most likely never heard of it(They only juice there own citizens, because THEY CAN). That happened to my wife(her first time out of the country) and I last September, CFO never mentioned the Travel Tax(even though the person at the airport insists that it's something CFO mentions to everyone) which was around 1640PhP. Of course they accept cash PhP or the uquivalent($$USD preferred/accepted ;) only(no credit card or anything with a paper trail). Anyways depending on how you purchased your fiancee's ticket the Travel Tax may or may not be included with the purchase. If you were like me where we purchased directly from United Airlines, the fee was NOT Included(since this bogus practice is in Philippines ONLY , the airline never sees any of that money). If your fiancee purchased the ticket in PI they usually include it with the price. Take a look at your receipt and it will indicate whether the travel tax has been paid. Your son being a US Citizen by birth shouldn't have to pay for the travel tax, but will most likely pay the terminal fee(but who knows since your child will be Dual Citizen by birth, they might want to juice him too just in case be prepared for it either way)

She is flying hawaiian airlines and the airline company told us they did not include the travel tax so bummer I have to pay for it. Do you know if its per person or just her will she have to pay for my son too?

Hi, we just flew last week and the terminal fee is 550 and the travel tax is 1620 pesos. Yes they will both pay both fees

Is it per person? I read somewhere that children under the age of 2 is exempt from the travel tax but not sure if that is still imposed or not considering the site I read it from wasn't updated

Timeline

Since she is a Phil. citizen her travel tax is going to be 1620P and if she in flying out of manila the terminal fee there is 750P - person. If she is flying out of a regional airport there might be additional, terminal fees - per person. I hope everyone has the needed stamps in their passport(s).

Yeah she has the CFO stamp. Do you know if my son will be charged a travel tax? considering he is dual citizen and has both US & PH passport

Timeline

How does that work if you have a child in another country I thought you still have to file all the papers to get citizenship for the child. The child is automatically born a citizen? Do they do blood tests, or what do they use to determine the link? Is it a really easy process getting a child born in another country a US passport?

Timeline

How does that work if you have a child in another country I thought you still have to file all the papers to get citizenship for the child. The child is automatically born a citizen? Do they do blood tests, or what do they use to determine the link? Is it a really easy process getting a child born in another country a US passport?

Umm I had to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and I had to prove he is mo sons since he was out of wedlock by DNA testing and he came out positive and they the US embassy approved his application and delivered us his US passport and CRBA certificate.

Timeline

She is flying hawaiian airlines and the airline company told us they did not include the travel tax so bummer I have to pay for it. Do you know if its per person or just her will she have to pay for my son too?

The Tax is for every Philippine Citizen leaving the country. As far as age restrictions I have no idea. When presenting your child's passport show the USA One at the check-in counter, when leaving PI then showing the PI passport upon return to Philippines. TMI=Too Much Information at times when not necessary can cause more problems if you aren't careful. Just have the documents ready to show though just in case.

Is it per person? I read somewhere that children under the age of 2 is exempt from the travel tax but not sure if that is still imposed or not considering the site I read it from wasn't updated

Don't assume anything when it concerns the government PI or USA. As far as reading the most up to date info on the website especially concerning PI don't bet on that either.

When I went to Immigration in Manila, I read their website prior to leaving for the location. Upon arrival there is this No Shirt/Pants/Shoes policy(written on cardboard in Sharpie above the metal detector at the entrance of Immigration) that was never mentioned on the website. So I came wearing shorts and the guards wouldn't allow me inside, all they did was ignore my questions, point to the hand written sign and go back to texting on their Cellphones, until the next short wearing sucker came along( then they were miraculously aware and pointing to the sign and the street kids on the street). The street kids I dealt with kept trying to get me rent/wear these 80s style neon blue and yellow jogging pants for like 500Php. They are incahoots with the guards at the Immigration entrance.

Timeline

The Tax is for every Philippine Citizen leaving the country. As far as age restrictions I have no idea. When presenting your child's passport show the USA One at the check-in counter, when leaving PI then showing the PI passport upon return to Philippines. TMI=Too Much Information at times when not necessary can cause more problems if you aren't careful. Just have the documents ready to show though just in case.

Don't assume anything when it concerns the government PI or USA. As far as reading the most up to date info on the website especially concerning PI don't bet on that either.

When I went to Immigration in Manila, I read their website prior to leaving for the location. Upon arrival there is this No Shirt/Pants/Shoes policy(written on cardboard in Sharpie above the metal detector at the entrance of Immigration) that was never mentioned on the website. So I came wearing shorts and the guards wouldn't allow me inside, all they did was ignore my questions, point to the hand written sign and go back to texting on their Cellphones, until the next short wearing sucker came along( then they were miraculously aware and pointing to the sign and the street kids on the street). The street kids I dealt with kept trying to get me rent/wear these 80s style neon blue and yellow jogging pants for like 500Php. They are incahoots with the guards at the Immigration entrance.

Timeline

Hi there. I was about to deliver this may, I was just thinking since you said that you're not here during your baby's delivery, is the baby's last name after you? Because they said that baby's last name will be after me since we're not married and he's not here to sign the registration form. We were thinking that its harder to file crba if baby's not getting her fathers last name.

And isn't it too hard to file crba without you? How long do you have to wait to get baby's passport?

I hope you can help me, thanks a lot.

Correct it is 550 per person, age does not matter. We have had to pay that a few times with our son who at the time was under 1 year of age.

Now for the travel tax she needs to pay it. To avoid having to pay it for your son have him leave on his US passport. THen he does not.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Useful discussion about dual citizens, children & BI exit clearances: CRBA daughter flight prep.

05/17/08 Sent I130 to Chicago Lockbox, 05/23/08 NOA1 VSC

11/06/08 Transferred to CSC, 12/10/08 NOA2 CSC

12/16/08 NVC sends AOS fee letter & DS3032

12/20/08 Get in mail with IIN/Send DS3032(wife emails)

12/22/08 Pay AOS bill online Processed 12/23/08

12/23/08 Pay IV bill online Processed 12/26/08

12/29/08 Sent I864 & DS230 to NVC, In system 1/2/09

01/12/09 NVC Case Complete, 02/13/09 Case leaves NVC, arrives in Manila 02/17/09

03/04/09 Packet 3 is received by Anabelle at new home

03/06/09 St. Luke's medical 03/28/09 Pregnancy test positive

03/12/09 First interview at 7AM US Embassy

03/30/09 Air21 telegram dated 03/24/09 Interview #2 appointment letter arrives

05/05/09 Second interview at 8AM US Embassy lasts until 3PM: visa DENIED

06/??/09 Vaccinations at SLEC

10/27/09 Case sent to USCIS California for review

04/02/10 NOA3 Intent to Revoke RFE dated 3/25/10 received in mail with 4/24/10 deadline

04/21/10 Priority mailed 21oz package to USCIS California

04/23/10 Package received, RFE online update seen 4/29/10, touched 4/26/10 after call

07/27/10 USCIS California reaffirms approval, sends letter & file to DOS/NVC. Email update received 7/28/10

08/02/10 received USCIS NOA4 dated 7/27 reaffirming previous decision

8/21/10 got NVC notice dated 8/19/10 that reaffirmed petition forwarded to Manila with old case number.

8/23/10 case delivered to Manila Embassy 11:54AM by DHL

9/1/10 Embassy sent letter to old address for 10/12/10 interview #3 10AM

10/12/10 Interview rescheduled to 12/3 10AM, waiting for children's NVC CC

10/25/10 Sent I-130 for children to Chicago lockbox, NOA2 1/25/11 online

Correct it is 550 per person, age does not matter. We have had to pay that a few times with our son who at the time was under 1 year of age.

Now for the travel tax she needs to pay it. To avoid having to pay it for your son have him leave on his US passport. THen he does not.

If you have been here over 6 months your going to pay travel tax, and if you show them the US passport to exit with they will ask why there are no visa stamps in it. Your going to end up paying the 1620 pesos for leaving with the Philippine passport or not show it and pay all the visa fees along with penalties for the US passport, about $1650 US. Take your pick

Timeline

Hi there. I was about to deliver this may, I was just thinking since you said that you're not here during your baby's delivery, is the baby's last name after you? Because they said that baby's last name will be after me since we're not married and he's not here to sign the registration form. We were thinking that its harder to file crba if baby's not getting her fathers last name.

And isn't it too hard to file crba without you? How long do you have to wait to get baby's passport?

I hope you can help me, thanks a lot.

The name of the child will be whats on the on the certificate. Whatever the birth certificate says that's what the CRBA will have and passport too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.