Andrea&Henry

Question regarding R1 & R2 visa (religious)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi! I got some questions regarding the religious visa, cause my husband and I are trying to help our Church's pastor. Well, he is a colombian baptist pastor who came to the States almost 2 years ago, but he has been going in and outside the States constantly (he spends 6 month in Colombia, return for 8 month and then go back to Colombia) he has been back and forth cause keeps working with his minister in colombia. He is not a permanent resident only a R1visa holder. He met a peruvian woman in Colombia and felt in love. He got marry in October in Colombia and he brought her here with him on late january. I know that R1 holders can bring their spouse and kids with a R2 visa, but I think she entered here with a tourist. I guess he applied for her R2 visa once she got here. We have a few questions: I know his wife can NOT work with an R2 visa, but what else she cannot do? Can she gets a driver license? What other restrictions has the R2 visa?. My pastor wants to apply for the greencard cause he already has 2 years with his R1, but he went back to colombia several times, can still apply for his green card? What about his wife? Can she apply too? Thanks!

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Driver's licences are issued by the state, since each state has different requirements, you'l need to contact the state DMV or DOT to find out

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

• 2 months later...
Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

The best think to do is to the DMV with your passport showing the visa stamped or the approval notice (I797 i think). with this even you don;t have a Social Security Number you can get your driver license.

And for apply to a Greencard from a R visa. If he can prove 2 years working continuously for the same church will be able to get the Green Card. The documents for a EB4 (Religious visa) is very similar to the documents to get the R visa (the church need to show that the petitioner works for them and the pastor show his taxes)

• 10 months later...

May I please ask a question regarding religious worker visas ? My husband has lived in UK for last two years with me, we have a child, I also have two more children under 11, he has gone to the states, he is a pastor, am I able to join him as the wife of a pastor on a religious visa R1 and the children on R2 please, does it cover wife's of missionary's, although he isn't a missionary in his own country?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Old thread closed; recent question has been asked in a different thread, which has been moved from Work Visas to the CR-1 Process forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.