Bayareaguy

The differences between CSC and VSC NOA 2's

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is a normal amount of I-129F submissions during this time period (if you look at the past years averages). There might be other types of applications with high numbers of submissions. I wonder what those might be?? :whistle:

Timeline

I contacted my senator for assistance. My case worker emailed me this:

I have received the following response from an officer at the USCIS California Service Center regarding your case:

USCIS electronic records indicate the referenced I-129F case, WACXXXX-XXX-XXXX, was filed on 8/22/2012. Our current processing time is approximately 5 months from the date the petition was received. However, please note that our office has received a high volume of submissions in this workload. There is a current backlog and the petition is currently located with the adjudication division for the assigned I-129F workload (pending action).

Do our data analysts here agree that there is a high volume of submissions on this workload???

"There is a current backlog" (You don't say :bonk: )

Depends on what their definition of this workload is. Seems like they are lumping it all together to mean a broader workload than just I-129F petitions.

This is what I don't get either. They say it's located with the adjudication division pending action. Like, where else would it be before then?

It's clear to me that citizen petitions are taking a backseat right now to others for political gain. I might be misguided, but I can't see it any other way. I've looked at the data. I've read posts about DACA approvals. Some of them are complaining (or just lamenting like we are prone to do) that they have been waiting a whole 30 days. Sigh... because no, most have actually been waiting a lot longer than that. It's just recently that they've decided to force those approvals through quickly at the expense of citizen petitions. Something had to give with such mishandling, and it's likely more than just USC petitions.

Anyway, best of luck to you with yours getting pushed through and keep bothering them about it, especially to bring up that you're a USC. :yes:

Edited by tylerilyn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

A high backlog was their reasoning for transferring stuff away from VSC a few weeks ago. I think it has to just get so bad at CSC before they will take any action to solve the problem. In the mean time the difference between CSC and VSC gets even bigger.

On VJ since Oct. 1st, that's 158 days.

VSC = 737 approvals

CSC = 114 approvals

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

Hmmm, not only is CSC still in the dumpster, but it looks almost like VSC might have caught whatever disease CSC has. Approvals for VSC are unusually spotty this week.

Timeline

Hmmm, not only is CSC still in the dumpster, but it looks almost like VSC might have caught whatever disease CSC has. Approvals for VSC are unusually spotty this week.

Looks like VSC is still doing ok when you add in all the RFE's they got this week. No need for anyone at VSC to panic. Still, definitely a little spotty compared to the last 5-6 months.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Timeline

Eh, I think you're right. T'was just a lil hiccup I guess. They are still on fire it seems.

Timeline

The data for January is in...CSC logged a whole 574 NOA2 in January. Other than last months pittifull 484, this is lower than any month, at either service center, in the past 2 years

VSC? they had a record 4439 NOA2's. Higher than any month at either service center in the past 2 years. Yes, that is almost a factor of 10 higher than CSC.

So don't fall for any BS lines like " last year, it was reversed". No, it was not like this at all.

Slide1_zps563fd7ca.jpg

Slide2_zpse81d2d11.jpg

Edited by Bayareaguy

Timeline

Still waiting for them to update their processing time information, but I guess they haven't had the balls to do so yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Would have been interesting to see february's data too but I guess that's asking way too much!

Would like to see some more approvals this week. Would love to see my own NAO2!!!!

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

247 days or 8 months, 4 days of wait for nothing

Quick, call the bank and cancel the check!

Aw, too late.

Timeline

The data for January is in...CSC logged a whole 574 NOA2 in January. Other than last months pittifull 484, this is lower than any month, at either service center, in the past 2 years

VSC? they had a record 4439 NOA2's. Higher than any month at either service center in the past 2 years. Yes, that is almost a factor of 10 higher than CSC.

So don't fall for any BS lines like " last year, it was reversed". No, it was not like this at all.

Wow!!! I was expecting a huge difference, but that is crazy.

Only good news I see for CSC is the I-130's have got to be getting close to 0 pending.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Timeline

Even more sobering...this is January's data, and here we are nearing the end of March, and looking at Igor's list data, it still has not changed much, if at all, even to today. VSC is just cranking out the petitions.

Pi$$ poor workload management, if you ask me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just don't look how many I-129f's Vermont has churned out this week compared to California. It's scarey.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.