Moon84

BANK STATEMENTS??

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

HI VJ Members

i have some questions. CURRENTLY I HAVE 2 YEARS OF CONDITIONAL GREENCARD WHICH WILL BE EXPIRED ON 06/21/2013. My ROC 90 DAYS WINDOW WILL BE STARTING FROM MARCH 23,2013. I AM PLANNING TO SEND MY PACKAGE ON MARCH 25,2013. HOWEVER I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS. PLEASE HELP ME. ME AND MY HUBBY GOT MARRIED ON JUNE 15,2010. I HAVE MONTHLY JOINT BANK STATEMENTS FROM JAN. 2011- PRESENT. IS THAT ENOUGH ? I DO NOT HAVE BANK STATEMENTS FOR THE YEAR 2010!! ANOTHER QUESTION IS HOW MANY BANK STATEMENTS TO SEND? I CANNOT GET QUARTELY STATEMENTS FROM THE BANK COZ IT IS A CHECKING ACCOUNT. I DON'T KNOW IF I NEED TO SEND ALL??

ALSO WE HAVE NOT FILED OUR TAXES FOR 2012 YET. I HAVE THE TAX TRANSCRIPT FOR THE YEAR 2010 AND 2011 WHERE WE FILLED MARRIED.SO IS IT BETTER IF WE FILE OUR TAXES FOR 2012 FIRST BEFORE I SEND MY 1-751 PACKAGE?

PLEASE VJ MEMBERS I NEED AS MUCH REPLIES I CAN GET

THX

MOON :)

HI VJ Members

i have some questions. CURRENTLY I HAVE 2 YEARS OF CONDITIONAL GREENCARD WHICH WILL BE EXPIRED ON 06/21/2013. My ROC 90 DAYS WINDOW WILL BE STARTING FROM MARCH 23,2013. I AM PLANNING TO SEND MY PACKAGE ON MARCH 25,2013. HOWEVER I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS. PLEASE HELP ME. ME AND MY HUBBY GOT MARRIED ON JUNE 15,2010. I HAVE MONTHLY JOINT BANK STATEMENTS FROM JAN. 2011- PRESENT. IS THAT ENOUGH ? I DO NOT HAVE BANK STATEMENTS FOR THE YEAR 2010!! ANOTHER QUESTION IS HOW MANY BANK STATEMENTS TO SEND? I CANNOT GET QUARTELY STATEMENTS FROM THE BANK COZ IT IS A CHECKING ACCOUNT. I DON'T KNOW IF I NEED TO SEND ALL??

ALSO WE HAVE NOT FILED OUR TAXES FOR 2012 YET. I HAVE THE TAX TRANSCRIPT FOR THE YEAR 2010 AND 2011 WHERE WE FILLED MARRIED.SO IS IT BETTER IF WE FILE OUR TAXES FOR 2012 FIRST BEFORE I SEND MY 1-751 PACKAGE?

THX

I am sending in a statement for each quarter that we have a joint account. It took us a few months to get the joint account established. So I am only seding in from the first date we are on the statement together to current month. If you have time to file your 2012 taxes and get a transcript then I would do so. Are you listed as beneficiary on his employer's benefits? Is he listed on your employer's benefits if any? Do the two of you have wills or power of attorney? Do you own any property together? Car? You just need to show that you are combining your lives like most normal people and are taking risks with assets and money. If your statements are like ours one per quarter will still be quite a stack of paper and I printed on both sides.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you do file your 2012 tax return, make sure you send in tax transcripts or your w-2's. If you can't get tax transcripts, send in your w-2s. I have sent in my ROC package yesterday for my wife and we had sent in our w-2s instead of tax transcripts for the year 2012. What i did was, i got our taxes file 3 days ago and i made copies of our tax return. I also made copies of our w-2s and i sent it in with our package. The reason why we didn't send in tax transcripts is becaused it will take the IRS to processed our 2012 taxes about 4 to 5 weeks or sometimes longer and USCIS knows it. You will be fine. Just make sure if you do send in your 2012 tax return, send in your w-2s. Good luck my friend.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

If you do file your 2012 tax return, make sure you send in tax transcripts or your w-2's. If you can't get tax transcripts, send in your w-2s. I have sent in my ROC package yesterday for my wife and we had sent in our w-2s instead of tax transcripts for the year 2012. What i did was, i got our taxes file 3 days ago and i made copies of our tax return. I also made copies of our w-2s and i sent it in with our package. The reason why we didn't send in tax transcripts is becaused it will take the IRS to processed our 2012 taxes about 4 to 5 weeks or sometimes longer and USCIS knows it. You will be fine. Just make sure if you do send in your 2012 tax return, send in your w-2s. Good luck my friend.

i got my transcripts for 2012 from irs already. i requested them on the 4th of Feb and got them on 11th. I filed my taxes through H&R BLock online around 1-31-13.

if it helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

HI VJ Members

THX

Joint statements from Jan 2011 should be good. If I were you, I will send Jan 11 statement and the latest one (may be Feb 2013) and 3 or 4 in between (pick months that have more transactions but see that they look like randomly picked).

Since you have time till 3/23, file your tax returns online and get IRS transcripts as soon as your acount is credit with any refund or at leaset send copies of your 2012 tax returns.

Edited by Navyk

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

hi there

thanks a lot for ur reply. Yes i just made an appt. today for feb. 20th do file our 2012 taxes. We have decided to first file our taxes before sending our I-751 form and evidence. Actually i have health insurance from my work and my husband is listed as beneficiary. Also my husband is under my car insurance policy. Ok concerning the bank statements, i am not able to get a quarterly statements because we have a checking account together and my bank said that they cannot provide quarterly statements coz the money fluctuates in checking account coz we are using it everyday. So they gave me a complete bank statements starting from jan. 2011- present. It's a lot!!!i don't know if i need to send the whole thing? Any ideas what can i do? Another question is do i need to show them our bank statements since we got married or since i got a conditional residence? We got married on june 15,2010.

Please reply me soon

thanks

moon

I am sending in a statement for each quarter that we have a joint account. It took us a few months to get the joint account established. So I am only seding in from the first date we are on the statement together to current month. If you have time to file your 2012 taxes and get a transcript then I would do so. Are you listed as beneficiary on his employer's benefits? Is he listed on your employer's benefits if any? Do the two of you have wills or power of attorney? Do you own any property together? Car? You just need to show that you are combining your lives like most normal people and are taking risks with assets and money. If your statements are like ours one per quarter will still be quite a stack of paper and I printed on both sides.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Hi

Thanks for ur helpful tips. We got married on June 15,2010 and i have a complete bank statements from jan 2011-present. So my question is - do i need to show them our bank statements since we got married which is 2010? i can send them all the copies of the statements but u know i don't wanna annoy the immigration officer! We are filing our taxes on feb. 20th for 2012. i am hoping to get my tax transcript for 2012 soon after that. What is the other option if i don't get my tax transcript on time? what else can i send to show them that we filed our taxes together for 2012. My GC expires on 06/21/2013 and i am planning to send my stuff on first week of april. Will tht be late?

Joint statements from Jan 2011 should be good. If I were you, I will send Jan 11 statement and the latest one (may be Feb 2013) and 3 or 4 in between (pick months that have more transactions but see that they look like randomly picked).

Since you have time till 3/23, file your tax returns online and get IRS transcripts as soon as your acount is credit with any refund or at leaset send copies of your 2012 tax returns.

Timeline

Thank you buddy for ur reply. i have decided to file our 2012 taxes first. My GC expires on 06/21/2013. So my 90 days window period starts on 03/25/2013. Am i right? i am planning to send my package on first week of april. That should be ok right?

thanks again

moon :yes:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You should have 2011 joint and get the 2012 done when you can. I provided a standard bank letter showing the account open since and one statement along with other proofs of joint activity equaling 150+ pages.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello guys,

I have a question I m going to apply for ROC on middle of march but i have an issue about bank accounts that me and my wife do not have any bank account together because she did not want me to have it with her bec of her bad credit might affect my credit score.. is that going to be a problem?

we have a house both of our names , we have a car both of our names, utility bill, pics, we visited her family together and my family as well which is they are out of country, both name car insurance, i was under her insurance, taxes done married jointly ,

are these good enough to avoid from RFE?

thanks

Edited by KRj

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

having joint bank accounts has nothing to do with bad credit. with bad credit, both of you still can open joint checking or joint savings or both. i know people with bad credit and they still open up joint checking and savings account. uscis does not look at your credit rating. good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

having joint bank accounts has nothing to do with bad credit. with bad credit, both of you still can open joint checking or joint savings or both. i know people with bad credit and they still open up joint checking and savings account. uscis does not look at your credit rating. good luck.

good.gif Solid information. Bank accounts have nothing to do with credit.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

well i m not familiar to the system here so i did not know its not going to affect the credit rating but i m going to fill for ROC almost within a month you think that is not going to be a red flag to open a bank account right now?

Edited by KdRjN

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: Timeline

HI VJ Members

THX

Just the most current bank statement(s) are all you need. So, one bank account, one statement is enough, or a letter from the bank establishing the account is indeed in both names.

As far as tax transcripts, show the transcripts for the years you have already filed. If you are picked for an interview, you may have to bring the transcript for 2012.

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys,

I have a question I m going to apply for ROC on middle of march but i have an issue about bank accounts that me and my wife do not have any bank account together because she did not want me to have it with her bec of her bad credit might affect my credit score.. is that going to be a problem?

we have a house both of our names , we have a car both of our names, utility bill, pics, we visited her family together and my family as well which is they are out of country, both name car insurance, i was under her insurance, taxes done married jointly ,

are these good enough to avoid from RFE?

thanks

A joint bank account is not required, just one more piece of evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.