mostafa_emily

Financial proof for tourist visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Different country has different criteria in requiring money and/or assets value. However, there is same rule which is the amount of back account should be as much as possible.

However it doesn't mean you can always get the visa if you are super rich.

About the hotel and flight, it's totally up to you. If you want to make yourself look more confident, you can arrange them. But whether you can get a refund or not is negotiable between you and the dealers.

thanks.. i figured it would be wise to do as much as possible i just wonder what is to low though

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

When applying for a tourist visa to USA, how much should you have in your bank account to prove you can pay for your trip?

When should i book a hotel and flight? before interview or after because i know sometimes u cant get a refund

Do not book anything prior to the interview. Dont worry about the money in the bank. Concentrate totally on the important aspect which is PROVING beyond a doubt your ties to Egypt. If there is any doubt you wont need the others things. Egypt is a very very difficult country to get a tourist visa from. The level of fraud is high. You must over come what has been done by many others that abused the visa system. Is it fair> No. Is it reality? Yes. Understand the " strongest ties " rule before anything else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think about US$10,000 would be a good "show money" because it is expensive to go to USA for a vacation but sometimes they do not even look at the bank account. You have to make sure you've made a couple of trips outside your country before applying for a US visa. And you have to show proofs that you have properties or job to go back to your country.

Filed: Timeline

I think about US$10,000 would be a good "show money" because it is expensive to go to USA for a vacation but sometimes they do not even look at the bank account. You have to make sure you've made a couple of trips outside your country before applying for a US visa. And you have to show proofs that you have properties or job to go back to your country.

Flashing cash won't impress....if one claims to have a bucket full of money to spend, an inquisitive VO will ask to see bank accounts going back 1-3 years....just to see if there is a real track record....also, what other items like property, etc, does the applicant have, that appears to match claimed income...or prior international travel...really what they are looking for is this: does this trip make sense given the (claimed) income/resources shown by the applicant....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

where did you come up with this number? it would depend on the length of your trip and where you are traveling to. From Egypt you need to show very strong ties to your country, and even with very strong ties it will be tough to obtain a visitor visa because Egypt is a high fraud country.

Flashing cash won't impress....if one claims to have a bucket full of money to spend, an inquisitive VO will ask to see bank accounts going back 1-3 years....just to see if there is a real track record....also, what other items like property, etc, does the applicant have, that appears to match claimed income...or prior international travel...really what they are looking for is this: does this trip make sense given the (claimed) income/resources shown by the applicant....

:yes:

Can't recall where I read it but less than 6 months before the interview deposits of large sums of money into an account that isn't salary related is frowned upon by embassies that request this information. It is perceived as deceitful where the applicant is lying to make as if they are well off.

There can never be too much money in an account as long as it is relative. It is more believable for a managing director at a medium sized company to have US $10,000 in his account versus a small town butcher with the same amount.

Filed: Timeline

:yes:

Can't recall where I read it but less than 6 months before the interview deposits of large sums of money into an account that isn't salary related is frowned upon by embassies that request this information. It is perceived as deceitful where the applicant is lying to make as if they are well off.

There can never be too much money in an account as long as it is relative. It is more believable for a managing director at a medium sized company to have US $10,000 in his account versus a small town butcher with the same amount.

that's right....because money quickly deposited can also be quickly withdrawn...and no one knows who it really belongs to...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Money in the bank can be quickly withdrawn, should the tourist visa applicant want to stay in the USA illegally. It is good to show some funds (to show you have money for flights and hotel), but ties (which can include financial ties such as owning property or a business) to the home country are far more important.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

When applying for a tourist visa to USA, how much should you have in your bank account to prove you can pay for your trip?

When should i book a hotel and flight? before interview or after because i know sometimes u cant get a refund

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/404886-applying-for-fiance-visa-while-in-school-egypt/

The amount of money in the bank isn't, as others have said, enough to sway the decision.

BUT

You are a student with a fiancee in the US: -1

You have also traveled to the US and returned to Egypt: +1

Don't book anything until after you've had the interview and you know you will be approved.

You should be able to provide proofs that you can afford staying here in the US. One is to show them your current employment certificate stating your date of service and your salary. Also, if you have assets like land properties and car titles that is a plus too. Sometimes showing them money in the bank is not as effective especially if you suddenly had a big amount in there.. they would think you put it in there just to show. I think your certificate of employment as i said, the one containing years of your service with them and the salary most especially if it is above the poverty guideline of the US is a strong supporting doc.

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.