VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
Emily & Friday
K1 Visa
Nigeria
H & G
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India
blank avatarT & N
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
China
Brandi & Timothy
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
Nat & Cheryl
K1 Visa
Philippines
walt & aimme
K1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarJ & L
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
China
G & J
K1 Visa
Philippines
Alessandro & Roksolana
K1 Visa
Ukraine

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

Bee & Jay
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Pakistan
A & N
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Pakistan
Jacqueline & Mohamed
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Egypt
J & A
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Nepal
blank avatarjo & juanito
IR-2 Visa
Mexico
blank avatarPepo & Lukiduki
IR-5 Visa
Canada
Charles & Fang
K1 Visa
China
Caitlin & Marcus
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Australia
Asa & Miki
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Japan
blank avatarRobin & Rafiu
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Ghana
CS & MM
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Portugal
Roselito & Rizchelle
K1 Visa
Philippines
Don & Chee
K1 Visa
Hong Kong
blank avatarJ & L
K1 Visa
Philippines
Dana & Gabriel
K1 Visa
Brazil
blank avatarMichael & Renelyn
K1 Visa
Hong Kong
blank avatarJosh & Rie
K1 Visa
Japan
Eli & Girlie
K1 Visa
Philippines

• Please log in to reply

tax returns for k1 visa

#1 codeblue20

codeblue20

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

i was looking for my income tax returns along with their respective w-2's for the past three years (2009-2010,2010-2011,2011-2012) when i noticed that my tax return for last year was missing. even the w2. i've searched high and low for it but could not find it. i know i can ask the person who prepared my taxes if he can help me out with this but before i call him, i just want to ask a clarification: do we need all 3 years of those tax returns, or do we need only the most recent one filed for 2011-2012? and also is it only the tax transcript or the copy of the income tax return with itemized deductions - couple of pages long? coz i went into the irs website and i saw a document for which we can request tax transcripts. i hope that someone can enlighten me on this matter. thank you very much.

#2 southernman

southernman

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

i was looking for my income tax returns along with their respective w-2's for the past three years (2009-2010,2010-2011,2011-2012) when i noticed that my tax return for last year was missing. even the w2. i've searched high and low for it but could not find it. i know i can ask the person who prepared my taxes if he can help me out with this but before i call him, i just want to ask a clarification: do we need all 3 years of those tax returns, or do we need only the most recent one filed for 2011-2012? and also is it only the tax transcript or the copy of the income tax return with itemized deductions - couple of pages long? coz i went into the irs website and i saw a document for which we can request tax transcripts. i hope that someone can enlighten me on this matter. thank you very much.

Get the last 3 tax transcripts from the IRS. That is all you should need. It's free and takes less than a week to be delievered.

OUR K-1 JOURNEY

MET ONLINE 2011
MET IN BELARUS 2012
SHE SAID YES!! 2012
NOA1 06/22/2012
WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012
VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012
NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012
EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013
VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013
ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013
MARRIED 03/16/2013

AOS,EAD,AP  FIled 04/02/2013

NOA1 04/10/2013

Biometrics completed 05/07/2013

EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013

EAD/AP card arrived in mail.  06/21/2013

AOS approved  10/21/2013

Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013

event.png

#3 codeblue20

codeblue20

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

thank you! what about the w-2's? is there a different request for those to be attached to the tax transcripts, or they come automatically attached to those?

#4 Celeste & C

Celeste & C

It takes two to Tango!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

If you get the transcripts from the IRS (they are free), you won't need the W2s.

The transcripts contain all the information Posted Image

Click to see my K1 & AOS Timeline

#5 codeblue20

codeblue20

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

great! Maraming salamat po! (thank you very much)!

#6 MrsMayer

MrsMayer

Gold Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

If you get the transcripts from the IRS (they are free), you won't need the W2s.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Proverbs 3:5-6 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
    and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust.  † = ♥

#7 Tintin and Mike

Tintin and Mike

Gap is Officially Closed!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Order them online, it only takes few days or a week the most.

Good luck!

Spoiler

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

#8 A&B

A&B

Super Elite Member

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Order them online, it only takes few days or a week the most.

Good luck!

:thumbs: The free tax transcripts from the IRS worked for us. We ordered ours online and got them within 10 days.

YMMV.

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

K-1/K-2 Visa process
A- 辽宁省, B- Seattle area

Commenced 24 October 2011

Completed 26 July 2012 

Timespan: K-1/K-2 Visas - 226 days

AOS process

Commenced 17 August 2012

Completed 30 November 2012
Timespan: I-551 2-year Green Card (x2) - 105 days

ROC process
21 Aug 2014: I-751 application acceptance window opens

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

#9 codeblue20

codeblue20

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

thanks so much for all your tips. i just ordered those transcripts online. we'll see in a week. thanks again and happy holidays to everyone!

#10 Tahoma

Tahoma

...happily everafter...

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

The consular officer will look at your 2011 income tax return/transcript, but will also look at your current paycheck stubs because they are interested in your current sustained income.

~ Tahoma and Chinook ~

~ Our K-1 visa journey ~

w8wwxaqfn49.png

#11 codeblue20

codeblue20

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

yup, i've got the pay stubs covered. i was just concerned about the tax returns. thank you! :thumbs:

#12 Hannah777

Hannah777

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Why are you saying the last 3 years are needed for the tax returns? On the uscis website it only asks for last year. Am I missing something?

#13 vkhutchings

vkhutchings

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hi all. Sorry if this seems really obvious/dumb to all of you - but is it essential to provide the USC's tax returns? The pdf that goes with the 1-134 says that's only necessary if the USC is self-employed? My fiance (USC) will be able to provide a letter from his employer, and evidence of his bank deposits, but last year we were both working in Australia, so he didn't do a tax return in the States, and the two years before that he was studying in the UK and not working, so again - no tax returns. Really appreciate clarification on this :) Sorry if we're going over old ground again.

Kate

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.