be happy

CR1 visa- red flags

13 posts in this topic

Dear all

Before 2 years i traveled to US with A2 visa , i met a girl there and we agreed to married , after i came back to my country ( jordan ) we applied for k1 visa and every thing ok and american embassy schedule for interview but before that i decided to end our relationship ( i discover she was bisexual ) so in 11 augest 2011 i send email to embassy to cancel my interview and thats it .

now i fall in love with american lady and we planning to get married after 3 month and applying for cr1 visa .

pleeeeeease help me does the following facts make my visa denied on the interview

1- my first relationship and canceled interview

2- she is 50 years old and im 33 years old

3- we are in Different Religion

and finally what are the reasons that denied cr1 visa?

thank you

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Dear all

Before 2 years i traveled to US with A2 visa , i met a girl there and we agreed to married , after i came back to my country ( jordan ) we applied for k1 visa and every thing ok and american embassy schedule for interview but before that i decided to end our relationship ( i discover she was bisexual ) so in 11 augest 2011 i send email to embassy to cancel my interview and thats it .

now i fall in love with american lady and we planning to get married after 3 month and applying for cr1 visa .

pleeeeeease help me does the following facts make my visa denied on the interview

thank you

You will have a hard road to a visa but nothing you listed is, itself, a reason to deny the visa. If the visa is denied as a result of the combination of those factors, it would be because they don't believe the relationship is genuine. Instead, you must overcome the natural conclusion that your relationship is only for the purpose of immigration to the USA. Start reading and discussing in the applicable regional forum for Middle East and North Africa. It would be good to have your bride do the same study.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Dear all

thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear all

thank you

How did you meet your future wife? How many times has she visited you in Jordan? Your age difference could cause a red flag with the embassy be prepared to answer about it. In Mena countries they are looking for substance in the relationship such as longevity, not getting married on first meeting, etc... please give us more information about your situation so we can help you!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

How did you meet your future wife? How many times has she visited you in Jordan? Your age difference could cause a red flag with the embassy be prepared to answer about it. In Mena countries they are looking for substance in the relationship such as longevity, not getting married on first meeting, etc... please give us more information about your situation so we can help you!

Yes, like the previous member said, the age difference may be a red flag for them. Also that you decided to marry after only 3 months. How many times you visited each other? You will have to provide a lot of evidence to prove that you have a bona fide relationship.

Edited by Chris & Isa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, like the previous member said, the age difference may be a red flag for them. Also that you decided to marry after only 3 months. How many times you visited each other? You will have to provide a lot of evidence to prove that you have a bona fide relationship.

bona fide relationship that is the word I wanted to use. Many times in Mena countries the more red flags you have the harder it is to prove your relationship. They will look at age difference, number of visits, how you communicate, how long you have know each other etc.. If this is her first visit to you and you marry (even though she if she stays there for 6 months) you will have a rough road ahead of you. Take your time and have a longer getting to know you period and in the mean time build evidence that your love is bona fide have her come back for a second time and get married then. Go slow and do not rush it! Just my suggestion and may God bless your journey.

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

All three of the above are big red flags. The best way to overcome those flags is to spend a significant amount of time actually living together as man and wife. If she's going to come over, spend a week or two, during which you marry on the first visit, then goes home and files a petition with no further visits before the interview, you can be assured of failure. On the other hand, if she comes and spends a few months, you might have a pretty good chance. The combination of the three things above are serious. It's not so much that you cancelled an interview. The issue there is that you have pursued two separate relationships in a short time, with the intention of US Immigration. That and combined with the other two fits the classic immigration fraud scenario.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for you opinion but what do you think if i married my women and stay here in jordan and after 2 years and 6 month i start apply for visa. do you think i will have hope?

In my opinion, the longer you're married and not attempting to immigrate, the more proof you're showing that your marriage is real and the intention was not immigration.

There's no need to rush immigration. We just filed last week which was just over 2 years since our marriage in 2010.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Thank you for you opinion but what do you think if i married my women and stay here in jordan and after 2 years and 6 month i start apply for visa. do you think i will have hope?

Delayed immigration, in and of itself is not much of a factor. Time spent together in person, IS a big factor and becomes more and more important with each added red flag. The point is to both have a legitimate relationship and then live like you have a bona fide marital relationship, not just marry and wait.

Here's a hint for you. When you start thinking and talking like your concern is how you and your wife can be together, instead of how YOU can get a visa, you'll be on a meaningful track.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

All three of the above are big red flags. The best way to overcome those flags is to spend a significant amount of time actually living together as man and wife. If she's going to come over, spend a week or two, during which you marry on the first visit, then goes home and files a petition with no further visits before the interview, you can be assured of failure. On the other hand, if she comes and spends a few months, you might have a pretty good chance. The combination of the three things above are serious. It's not so much that you cancelled an interview. The issue there is that you have pursued two separate relationships in a short time, with the intention of US Immigration. That and combined with the other two fits the classic immigration fraud scenario.

:thumbs:

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

aha but i think you didn't understand me. i was in USA when i met my first girl then i decided to go back to jordan and start apply for fiancee visa then i cancel it when i know that she is bisexual girl.

i love my new women and i mean it but my concern is if i get the visa i can work there and be able to support my family more than here in jordan.

Timeline

aha but i think you didn't understand me. i was in USA when i met my first girl then i decided to go back to jordan and start apply for fiancee visa then i cancel it when i know that she is bisexual girl.

i love my new women and i mean it but my concern is if i get the visa i can work there and be able to support my family more than here in jordan.

It's the Consular Officer you need to convince, not the members here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.