jolly786

petitioner death few days ago before interview

27 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello friends ...one of my friend having interview under F3 category in december 2012..but unfortunately the petitioner is dead few days ago...so pls tell, it will effect on visa interview or not?????secondly,what happen if they will not show the petitioner death during interview??

Edited by jolly786

What happens if the petitioner dies before the principal beneficiary has immigrated to the United States?

If the petitioner dies before the principal beneficiary has immigrated to the United States, the petition is automatically revoked pursuant to 8 CFR 205.1(a)(3). This means that the consular officer will not be able to issue a visa to any of the beneficiaries of the petition and will be required to return the petition to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

If there are compelling humanitarian circumstances, the consular officer may recommend that DHS reinstate the petition. Alternatively, the applicant may contact directly the DHS office that approved the petition to request that it be reinstated for humanitarian reasons. If DHS reinstates the petition, the consular officer will contact the applicant(s) soon thereafter.

Please see 9 FAM 42.42 PN2 (PDF, 23 Kb) for more information on humanitarian reinstatement.

source: http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-faq-answers.html

qHpljff.jpgqHplp7.png

USCIS

* March 2nd 2012 --> I-130 sent

* March 5th 2012 --> I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

* March 7th 2012 --> Got NOA1 by SMS (Vermont Service Center)

* March 14th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of I-797C in the airmail

* June 29th 2012 --> NOA2 (114days)

* July 5th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

* July 2nd 2012 --> NVC Received

* July 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Number and IIN received by e-mail

* July 24th 2012 --> E-mailed the DS 3032

* July 24th 2012 --> AOS Bill Paid

* July 26th 2012 --> AOS Bill Shows PAID

* July 28th 2012 --> AOS Package Sent

* August 2nd 2012 --> DS-3032 accepted

* August 3rd 2012 --> IV bill invoiced & PAID

* August 7th 2012 --> IV Bill Shows PAID

* August 17th 2012 --> IV Package Sent

* August 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Complete

* September 15th 2012 --> Interview Date Assigned

US EMBASSY JAKARTA

* October 16th 2012 --> INTERVIEW (Approved)

* October 19th 2012 --> Visa in Hand

Good luck with this. There was a case here with exact same circumstances - F3 category - so married son/daughter of USC. Humanitarian reinstatement was not an option - beneficiary was living with his/her family already so no family reunification needed - they were already together.

OP - tell your friend to not even think about concealing this major information at the interview (ie lying). Misrepresentation charges come to mind and/or revocation of any and all benefits they received when the truth surfaces.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

hello friends ...one of my friend having interview under F3 category in december 2012..but unfortunately the petitioner is dead few days ago...so pls tell, it will effect on visa interview or not?????

If the petitioner dies before the immigrants come to the US, then the case is automatically withdrawn - meaning no visas can be issued. The case has ended.

Humanitarian reinstatement is possible if there is another family member who can petition.

secondly,what happen if they will not show the petitioner death during interview??

It's a material misrepresentation to conceal the fact that the petitioner has died. If the lie is discovered at any time, the family will lose its benefits. They would receive lifetime bans from coming to the US. If they get green cards or US citizenship, it could be revoked because they lied by omitting the material fact that the petitioner is dead and they should never have gotten immigration visas at all.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

this is what written on embassy website :-

please submit a copy of petitioner’s death certificate to our office via fax, email, mail, or in person. When the petitioner dies, the visa petition filed for a family member is automatically revoked and returned to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services (USCIS). Beneficiaries may request for reinstatement of the petition for special humanitarian reasons through USCIS in the U.S.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks every one for replying..but still having one question in my mind ..pls clarify it...

how visa officer come to know about the petitioner death during interview....???????? if they dont disclose the death of the petitioner during interview....then it will be ok...becoz they alraedy submitted all papers to nvc...only left with interview part......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks every one for replying..but still having one question in my mind ..pls clarify it...

how visa officer come to know about the petitioner death during interview....???????? if they dont disclose the death of the petitioner during interview....then it will be ok...becoz they alraedy submitted all papers to nvc...only left with interview part......

That would be immigration fraud. The death certificate needs to be submitted. I don't think "this person" should dare chance it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

This reminds me of the Michigan lady who won the lottery, did not notify the authorities about her change of financial status and continued to collect welfare until well the authorities found out. :whistle:

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Common questions during interview are where does the petitioner live and what does he do for a living. If the petitioner is really old, they'd ask you to bring a picture of the petitioner holding a newspaper showing a recent date to make sure that he's still alive.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hello friends ...one of my friend having interview under F3 category in december 2012..but unfortunately the petitioner is dead few days ago...so pls tell, it will effect on visa interview or not?????secondly,what happen if they will not show the petitioner death during interview??

seriously ????

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

No, it is not ok. It is IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

Not disclosing that the petitioner is dead is IMMIGRATION FRAUD. Do you understand that???? Why does it matter how the visa officer knows? The beneficiaries have a responsibility to disclose the death of the petitioner. If they do not disclose the death of the petitioner to the visa officer, then they are committing IMMIGRATION FRAUD TO ILLEGALLY OBTAIN IMMIGRATION VISAS. SO, IT WILL NOT BE OK. IT IS A CRIME.

Once the petitioner is dead, the case ends. No matter what. If the beneficiaries are not in the US, then they cannot get visas if the petitioner is dead. The only hope is humanitarian reinstatement.

As all other members responded this is FRAUD!!!! At no point you should LIE to an IO, eventually it will come to light, and then you are screwed, banned, and all benefits taken away.... This is FRAUD and at the time of the interview it should be stated. The petitioner is NOT present due to death, Take copies of Death Cert. and call before hand!

~* GodsGift225*~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Since the beneficiary wasn't residing in the US at the time of the petitioner's death, the visa is cancelled. Humanitarian reinstatement requires a qualifying relative to sponsor the beneficiary. That means any relative of the petitioner who has the means to sponsor can do so.

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Relax. It's not all doomed! True, the visa will not be issued where it is discovered that the petitioner died, but as with many problems in life, there are solutions.

Many people have spoken of humanitarian reinstatement, and this is one solution to the problem. Here is a website that gives you more detail:

http://us-immigration-info.com/humanitarian-reinstatement-of-i-130-petitions/

"For some time, many thought this situation was a dead end and that there is no chance they can acquire any immigration benefits. However, there is a way to appeal for the revival of the petition and this is called the “Request for Humanitarian Reinstatement” or also called “Request for Humanitarian Revalidation”. Humanitarian Reinstatement was made available to cover these kinds of situations.

For a Humanitarian Reinstatement to be applicable to a certain case, the petition must have been approved before the death of relative petitioner. The first thing that the beneficiary must arrange is to have a substitute sponsor who may file for an affidavit of support. This should be someone who can establish the means to maintain an annual income amount equal to at least 125 percent of the Federal Poverty line.

The qualified substitute sponsor should be at least 18 years or age and has a domicile in the US. This includes the spouse, parent, mother-in-law, father-in-law, sibling, child (if at least 18 years of age), son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, grandparent, grandchild of a sponsored alien or a legal guardian of a sponsored alien."

Edited by javisakid

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry for your loss, good luck with your options.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.