gleezel

Form I-130 questions

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone....Me and my husband are starting the form I-130 recently. My husband is the petitioner and I am the beneficiary.

I am working in Thailand for 6 years already until now and I just go home ( I came from Philippines ) only for vacation. We got married last Dec. 2011 in the Philippines and I just come back here in Thailand and he went back to US after the wedding. Now my questions are:

1. Letter C line 2....Address...Should I put my Philippine address or my Thai address???

2. Letter c line 15...Is this question only for the one in US currently or should I put my employer here in Thailand? ( Im working in a school as a teacher and Im also living inside the school campus).

3. letter C line 19...it says YOUR RELATIVE ADDRESS ABROAD...SINCE i am the beneficiary/ alien relative, this one applies to me right? Should I put my Philippine address or my Thai address????..seems like this line is same answer as line 2..am I right?

4. letter C line 21...GIVE LAST ADDRESS WHICH YOU LIVED TOGETHER...The last time I am with my husband was during our wedding..That was 3 weeks of staying but we stayed in a hotel all throughout..Should I put that info here?

5. Lastly, Letter C line 22...I am not in the US now so i will choose the second line which states " IF YOUR RELATIVE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS, HE OR SHE WILL APPLY FOR A VISA ABROAD AT THE AMERICAN CONSULAR POST IN :

Should I write MANILA , pHILIPPINES? since we got married there?

Please friends if any of you who has same situation as mine, I would be very glad to hear ur advices..

By the way, I am going back to Philippines once I get an Interview date...I am just here in Thailand to work while processing so at least Im earning while waiting for a visa..

Sincerely,

Gleezel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

1.&3. I put the same address with my thai ID

2. put name of the company and address of head office

4. They mean by lived not stay so have you lived with him anywhere before?

5. N/A

I put mine like that I don't know it can help you out or not but good Luck

Edited by MiiMO-MeLoN

CR-1 Visa

2012-07-07 : Sent I-130 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2012-07-10 : NOA1 case transferred to USCIS California Service Center

2012-08-30 : NOA2 Approved in 51 days

National Visa Center

2012-09-11 : NVC Received

2012-09-20 : Vaccines Injection (1st Dose of Influvac, Tdap-IPV, MMR, Havrix) at Saovabha

2012-09-20 : Received and Replied DS-3032 via e-mail / Received and Pay I-864 Fee online

2012-09-21 : Applied For Police Clearance Certificate

2012-09-25 : AOS Fee Status Shows PAID / Return AOS packet by USPS

2012-09-28 : AOS packet delivered at NVC

2012-09-28 : Receive IV Bill from e-mail / Pay IV Fee online

2012-10-05 : IV Fee Status Shows PAID / Recieved PCC / Return IV packet by DHL(Thailand)

2012-10-22 : Case Completed at NVC in 41 days

2012-10-24 : Medical Exam and Vaccines Injection (2nd dose of Td and MMR) at Bumrungrad Int'l Hospital

2012-11-02 : Interview date assigned / received P4 via e-mail

2012-11-21 : Received P4 hard copy

2012-11-29 : Applied J-1Visa Waiver

2012-12-12 : Interview at USEMBangkok

2012-03-14 : Sent J-1 waiver and passport

2013-03-21 : Visa Received

2013-03-25 : US Entry ALT

My Previous US Visas

Mar-Jun 2008: J-1(Work&Travel Exchange Student).

Jul-Nov 2008: F-1(UWF Student).

Jun-Jul 2009: B1/B2(Visitor).

May 2011-2012: J-1(Internship) {2HRR}

Nov 28, 2012-Mar 4, 2013: J-1 Visa Waiver

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone....Me and my husband are starting the form I-130 recently. My husband is the petitioner and I am the beneficiary.

I am working in Thailand for 6 years already until now and I just go home ( I came from Philippines ) only for vacation. We got married last Dec. 2011 in the Philippines and I just come back here in Thailand and he went back to US after the wedding. Now my questions are:

1. Letter C line 2....Address...Should I put my Philippine address or my Thai address???

2. Letter c line 15...Is this question only for the one in US currently or should I put my employer here in Thailand? ( Im working in a school as a teacher and Im also living inside the school campus).

3. letter C line 19...it says YOUR RELATIVE ADDRESS ABROAD...SINCE i am the beneficiary/ alien relative, this one applies to me right? Should I put my Philippine address or my Thai address????..seems like this line is same answer as line 2..am I right?

4. letter C line 21...GIVE LAST ADDRESS WHICH YOU LIVED TOGETHER...The last time I am with my husband was during our wedding..That was 3 weeks of staying but we stayed in a hotel all throughout..Should I put that info here?

5. Lastly, Letter C line 22...I am not in the US now so i will choose the second line which states " IF YOUR RELATIVE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS, HE OR SHE WILL APPLY FOR A VISA ABROAD AT THE AMERICAN CONSULAR POST IN :

Should I write MANILA , pHILIPPINES? since we got married there?

Please friends if any of you who has same situation as mine, I would be very glad to hear ur advices..

By the way, I am going back to Philippines once I get an Interview date...I am just here in Thailand to work while processing so at least Im earning while waiting for a visa..

Sincerely,

Gleezel

1. Put the address where you currently reside. If you were only visiting the Philippines, you don't reside there currently.

2. This question is N/A (not applicable) unless the employment is in the USA. Your employment history goes on the G325a.

3. Same answer as 1.

4. Answer (We have visited but not yet resided in the same country.

5. Answer either Manila or Bangkok depending on where you expect you will be residing at the time of the interview. The National Visa Center is going to assign the case to the Embassy serving the residence address you enter on the form, no matter what you enter in that section. If you move back to the PI during the process, you can ask NVC to transfer the case to Manila.

Where you married has no impact on where you interview. This is not a K3 visa.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

5. N/A

Hi, Thank u so much for the reply...

1 and 3 questions: Should I write my Thai address or my Philippine address? I am not a thai..Im just working here..I am from Philippines..

No. 4....we live together for 3 weeks..thats the recent and the longest duration...Will not that be counted as living together??

No.5..because I saw some people put the consular embassy where they will be interviewed..Im guessing I will be interviewed in Manila since I got married in the Philippines..

Timeline

5. N/A

Some of these answers are misleading. I gave you the correct answers to each question. You put the address where you reside. If that's the same as some ID, fine.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Some of these answers are misleading. I gave you the correct answers to each question. You put the address where you reside. If that's the same as some ID, fine.

Dear pushbrk...

OMG I have been misled...I read before that the interview should take place where u got married...Now, I know I can be interviewed here....

Thank you so much!!

God bless you!

Sincerely,

Gleezel

Oh one more thing about the g325a...

Line: APplicant's residence last 5 years..

Since Ive been here working for 6 years already,I will just put this address so only one address and the other blanks in this area I will put N/A? Because I read that no blank should be left..

and since Im Living inside the school campus, my address is still the school's address so this means that

3 addresses here

(1. Applicant's residence last 5 years)

(2. Applicant's last address outside US)

3. Applicant's employment last 5 years )

These 3 addresses are all same right?

I have been working in this same school for 6 years already..since the time I came here first until now...

I've almost same case.

I'm bangladeshi national & right now i'm living/working in saudi arabia last 4 years. My wife gonna apply for me in month of December 2012

she want to take migration lawyer help.

Now my question is:

(1) what are the document i've to provide? & which country's police clearance certificate should I provide them?

(2) we got married when she was 17th, it will be a problem or not?

(3) my visa type (saudi arabian) is not well reputed, may i face any problem for that?

(4) where i've to face interview? &

(5) if i allowed can i go to her from Saudi Arabia?

thank you everyone VJ

USCIS

10/05/2013 - Filed I-130 through USPS

10/07/2013 - Delivered

10/10/2013 - USCIS Acceptance E-mail Notification.
10/13/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received.

03/11/2014 - Case has been Transferred. (Email Notification)

03/12/2014 - I-1797 Notice of Action (Hard Copy)

03/17/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed.

04/07/2014 - Case APPROVED NOA2 (176 Days)

04/11/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received.

NVC

04/28/2014 - NVC Received Case.

05/29/2014 - Case # & #IIN Assigned.

05/31/2014 - Complete DS-261 Online.

06/03/2014 - Paid AOS fee $88
08/07/2014 - Paid IV fee $230
08/11/2014 - IV Invoiced
08/12/2014 - DS-260 Available.
08/29/2014 - Signed & Submitted DS-260 Online.
09/22/2014 - Checklist for IV & AOS package.
10/02/2014 - IV Package Sent.
10/03/2014 - IV Scan Completed (1st Scan)
10/08/2014 - Notification Mail for 60 days to wait review IV docs.
10/18/2014 - AOS Package Sent.
10/21/2014 - AOS Scan Complete (Last Scan)
10/23/2014 -
Notification Mail for 60 days to wait review AOS docs.
12/03/2014 - Request for Expedite.
12/15/2014 - Expedite Approved.

12/16/2014 - Case Transferred to Riyadh Embassy by (DHL)
Embassy
12/21/2014 - Embassy Received Case.
12/31/2014 - Interview Date Scheduled by Riyadh Embassy.

01/07/2015 - Medical. (Report in Hand January 11, 2015)

01/22/2015 - Interview. (Approved)

01/26/2015 - VISA Issued.

01/28/2015 - VISA in Hand (End of the Journey) :dancing:
USA

xx/xx/2015 - Received SSN Card

xx/xx/2015 - Received Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)

event.png

Timeline

Oh one more thing about the g325a...

Line: APplicant's residence last 5 years..

Since Ive been here working for 6 years already,I will just put this address so only one address and the other blanks in this area I will put N/A? Because I read that no blank should be left..

and since Im Living inside the school campus, my address is still the school's address so this means that

3 addresses here

(1. Applicant's residence last 5 years)

(2. Applicant's last address outside US)

3. Applicant's employment last 5 years )

These 3 addresses are all same right?

I have been working in this same school for 6 years already..since the time I came here first until now...

That's correct but you do not need to put N/A in the blanks of those sections of the G325a. Once the five years is covered, you can just leave the rest blank in each section.

Interviewing in the country the marriage took place was only applicable to a K3 visa, which is obsolete now. It does not apply to you. CR1 visa interviews are in the country of residence OR the country of citizenship. If you're staying in Thailand, you can interview in Bangkok. The interview can be in English or Thai but not Tagalog.

I've almost same case.

I'm bangladeshi national & right now i'm living/working in saudi arabia last 4 years. My wife gonna apply for me in month of December 2012

she want to take migration lawyer help.

Now my question is:

(1) what are the document i've to provide? & which country's police clearance certificate should I provide them?

(2) we got married when she was 17th, it will be a problem or not?

(3) my visa type (saudi arabian) is not well reputed, may i face any problem for that?

(4) where i've to face interview? &

(5) if i allowed can i go to her from Saudi Arabia?

thank you everyone VJ

Please start a new topic for your questions.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Please start a new topic for your questions.

thank you.

I was confused abt posting new topic. which is da correct place to post new topic abt this case?

USCIS

10/05/2013 - Filed I-130 through USPS

10/07/2013 - Delivered

10/10/2013 - USCIS Acceptance E-mail Notification.
10/13/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received.

03/11/2014 - Case has been Transferred. (Email Notification)

03/12/2014 - I-1797 Notice of Action (Hard Copy)

03/17/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed.

04/07/2014 - Case APPROVED NOA2 (176 Days)

04/11/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received.

NVC

04/28/2014 - NVC Received Case.

05/29/2014 - Case # & #IIN Assigned.

05/31/2014 - Complete DS-261 Online.

06/03/2014 - Paid AOS fee $88
08/07/2014 - Paid IV fee $230
08/11/2014 - IV Invoiced
08/12/2014 - DS-260 Available.
08/29/2014 - Signed & Submitted DS-260 Online.
09/22/2014 - Checklist for IV & AOS package.
10/02/2014 - IV Package Sent.
10/03/2014 - IV Scan Completed (1st Scan)
10/08/2014 - Notification Mail for 60 days to wait review IV docs.
10/18/2014 - AOS Package Sent.
10/21/2014 - AOS Scan Complete (Last Scan)
10/23/2014 -
Notification Mail for 60 days to wait review AOS docs.
12/03/2014 - Request for Expedite.
12/15/2014 - Expedite Approved.

12/16/2014 - Case Transferred to Riyadh Embassy by (DHL)
Embassy
12/21/2014 - Embassy Received Case.
12/31/2014 - Interview Date Scheduled by Riyadh Embassy.

01/07/2015 - Medical. (Report in Hand January 11, 2015)

01/22/2015 - Interview. (Approved)

01/26/2015 - VISA Issued.

01/28/2015 - VISA in Hand (End of the Journey) :dancing:
USA

xx/xx/2015 - Received SSN Card

xx/xx/2015 - Received Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)

event.png

Timeline

thank you.

I was confused abt posting new topic. which is da correct place to post new topic abt this case?

You are in the correct forum. Just start your own topic.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

That's correct but you do not need to put N/A in the blanks of those sections of the G325a. Once the five years is covered, you can just leave the rest blank in each section.

Interviewing in the country the marriage took place was only applicable to a K3 visa, which is obsolete now. It does not apply to you. CR1 visa interviews are in the country of residence OR the country of citizenship. If you're staying in Thailand, you can interview in Bangkok. The interview can be in English or Thai but not Tagalog.

Now, I completely understand...Thanks again..but one more thing again, sorry:(

about the evidence of bonafide marriage which is also included in submitting I-130, is marriage certificate enough? or we have to include pictures from the wedding and other pictures like we are together with the family and friends...Because we don't have any joint ownership or Joint bank account as what is stated in visa journey here..What else can we submit? and if ever the wedding pictures are ok, do I need to put the date and who are in it at the back of the pictures?

Because Ive heard that pictures , emails and chats will be needed during interview only..Not sure if they are to be submitted during filing the I-130..

Timeline

Yes, include photos together and passport stamps as evidence of time spent together in person. You can also submit some examples of how and how frequently you communicate. You can then update that evidence for the interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Yes, include photos together and passport stamps as evidence of time spent together in person. You can also submit some examples of how and how frequently you communicate. You can then update that evidence for the interview.

One very last question, Sir

In G325a there's a line which says ' LAST OCCUPATION ABROAD IF NOT SHOWN ABOVE

All are shown actually because I have only 1 job same job for 6 years..I put " INCLUDED ABOVE"....Is this correct?

Timeline

One very last question, Sir

In G325a there's a line which says ' LAST OCCUPATION ABROAD IF NOT SHOWN ABOVE

All are shown actually because I have only 1 job same job for 6 years..I put " INCLUDED ABOVE"....Is this correct?

Yes.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.