We Are The Art

Best 2Go Location In Manila?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To hopefully make the process a little faster, we plan to ask that my fiancee's visa be picked up at a local Manila 2Go office instead of being shipped to her home address.

Question: Which is the best 2Go location in Manila to have it directed to?

Are certain locations busier than others? If so, does that slow down the processing and thusly take longer for us to receive it?

I assume most applicants that choose this option have it sent to the nearest 2Go location near the Embassy, is that the best choice or is another location better/faster?

We would greatly appreciate any input from anyone that has recent experience with this process, Thanks in advance.

"We Are The Art"

I would just have the packet sent to the 2Go office closest to where your fiancée lives. How much longer could it take? A few hours? A day? Would that amount of time really make a difference in your plans?

Timeline

I would just have the packet sent to the 2Go office closest to where your fiancée lives. How much longer could it take? A few hours? A day? Would that amount of time really make a difference in your plans?

Thanks for your reply. The problem for us is twofold. First, she lives in Mindanao so we would have to fly from Manila to her home, wait for 2Go to deliver the visa, and then fly back again to Manila to catch our flight to the US. That would cost a considerable amount in airfare plus other expenses.

Additionally, after reading numerous posts here on VJ (and other sources) regarding 2Go visa delivery, it seems that by requesting local Manila delivery the wait time can be cut by as much as 2 or 3 weeks depending on location. Some have even received their visa in as few as 3 days by requesting local delivery, but I'm sure that is not very common. Our departure flight is already set for Nov. 27 so time is a critical factor for us.

"We Are The Art"

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You fiancee is currently living in Manila so "choose the 2GO closest to where you are living now" :wacko:

Some have received their visas very quickly when there are not even on Luzon.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks for your reply. The problem for us is twofold. First, she lives in Mindanao so we would have to fly from Manila to her home, wait for 2Go to deliver the visa, and then fly back again to Manila to catch our flight to the US. That would cost a considerable amount in airfare plus other expenses.

Additionally, after reading numerous posts here on VJ (and other sources) regarding 2Go visa delivery, it seems that by requesting local Manila delivery the wait time can be cut by as much as 2 or 3 weeks depending on location. Some have even received their visa in as few as 3 days by requesting local delivery, but I'm sure that is not very common. Our departure flight is already set for Nov. 27 so time is a critical factor for us.

I disagree with your estimations of delivery times. It may take a day or two longer for 2Go to deliver to the provinces, but not two or three weeks longer. At the same time, there are people in Manila or Luzon who wait two or three weeks for delivery. The simple fact is that it's impossible to know when the visa packet is going to be delivered. There are factors that impact the process more than 2Go delivery times: whether the case is put on administrative processing or administrative review; how long the case sits on the consul officer's desk or the case worker's desk before it's processed; what day the visa is printed; etc.

As you probably know, you're gambling when you buy plane tickets before the visa is in hand. I see that your flight is 18 days after the interview. That amount of time is generally enough to have the visa in hand no matter where you are in the Philippines. However, not always. Since you have that kind of time constraint, it may make sense to wait in Manila for the visa packet to be delivered because you may need to save that extra day or two of delivery time. Also, even after the visa packet is delivered, your fiancée will still have to get a CFO sticker.

Another factor: has your fiancée said her goodbyes to her family? She won't be able to do so if you stay in Manila. If she wants to say her goodbyes, you could go to Mindanao for a while and return to Manila when 2Go texts you that the delivery is imminent. They usually text you the day before delivery. You could have it delivered to a Manila 2Go office and pick it up as soon as you fly back to Manila. As for expenses, if you are staying in hotels no matter whether you are in Manila or in Mindanao, then the only thing that will cost you more is the round-trip flight to Mindanao. If you can stay with her family while in Mindanao, it would save you the extra hotel bill in Manila, and it would help pay for the round-trip flight to Mindanao.

Also, has she completed her medical? If she hasn't completed her medical and she's tapped by St. Lukes for a TB culture, it will set you back more than eight weeks.

Timeline

I disagree with your estimations of delivery times. It may take a day or two longer for 2Go to deliver to the provinces, but not two or three weeks longer. At the same time, there are people in Manila or Luzon who wait two or three weeks for delivery. The simple fact is that it's impossible to know when the visa packet is going to be delivered. There are factors that impact the process more than 2Go delivery times: whether the case is put on administrative processing or administrative review; how long the case sits on the consul officer's desk or the case worker's desk before it's processed; what day the visa is printed; etc.

As you probably know, you're gambling when you buy plane tickets before the visa is in hand. I see that your flight is 18 days after the interview. That amount of time is generally enough to have the visa in hand no matter where you are in the Philippines. However, not always. Since you have that kind of time constraint, it may make sense to wait in Manila for the visa packet to be delivered because you may need to save that extra day or two of delivery time. Also, even after the visa packet is delivered, your fiancée will still have to get a CFO sticker.

Another factor: has your fiancée said her goodbyes to her family? She won't be able to do so if you stay in Manila. If she wants to say her goodbyes, you could go to Mindanao for a while and return to Manila when 2Go texts you that the delivery is imminent. They usually text you the day before delivery. You could have it delivered to a Manila 2Go office and pick it up as soon as you fly back to Manila. As for expenses, if you are staying in hotels no matter whether you are in Manila or in Mindanao, then the only thing that will cost you more is the round-trip flight to Mindanao. If you can stay with her family while in Mindanao, it would save you the extra hotel bill in Manila, and it would help pay for the round-trip flight to Mindanao.

Also, has she completed her medical? If she hasn't completed her medical and she's tapped by St. Lukes for a TB culture, it will set you back more than eight weeks.

Thanks for your input. I'm not really the type to take many chances, especially not on such important matters as marriage and the entirety of our future together. This is exactly why I feel it's so important that I be there for her interview, to support her, and also to help remove any doubt in the CO's mind that we are a legit couple. To that end, I decided to take the risk of having scheduling problems during this stage of our visa application process. It was a difficult decision, but in the end I opted to be there for her and do everything I can to ensure our success. I well knew that there were risk's involved but I would rather risk the money spent on airfare than I would risk having a much more costly and difficult problem at the Embassy. I can always make more money, but we only get one real shot at a successful interview. All in all, I decided to take a calculated risk with scheduling in order to put forth my very best efforts toward the interview. After all we've done and all we've been through to make it to this critical point, I am determined to make sure that we both do everything we possibly can to ensure success...sometimes, ya just gotta take the risks to be successful.

Additionally, there was the problem of being able to fly home together on the same flight. If I had waited until her visa was issued to book her flight, there was zero chance of being able to do that. As it is, I got our flight home booked together and in adjoining seats for the entire flight back to the US. Not an easy thing to do.

And you're right about the "unknown" factors involved with this whole process, there are just too many aspects that one can not plan for nor have any way of knowing. So I decided to develop a plan and stick to it, all things considered, what else could I realistically do? Sure I could've flown to Manila just for her interview, spent a week or two there and then flown us both back to our respective home's to await the outcome...and then flown us both back to Manila again after receiving the visa, but that is obviously a very expensive and time consuming operation. Or should I have simply stayed in the Philippines for however long it took to accomplish the success of the visa process and then book a flight together for the return trip? Either way, both are very expensive and time consuming operations not to mention the difficulty of being away from home and business for an extended period of time.

Obviously, the system is what it is and not much can be done about it, and it seems that despite the huge demands placed on visa applicants to strictly comply with all of the US requirements for marriage to a foriegn national that the "system" has no regard, zero, for the needs and well being, financial or otherwise, of the people involved during any stage of the process and even less when it comes to coping with all of the scheduling and other necessary requirements upon the approval of the hard won K-1 visa. I believe this is an extreme hardship that could be made less so if only the "system" were more considerate of the situation. Not gonna happen I know, but. Some may argue that this is all about "protecting" the US from unwanted or illegitimate immigration, a legitimate concern, but I find that very hard to believe when one looks at the current illegal immigration problem in America! Much to the contrary, millions of illegal aliens who violated every immigration law in the books and continue to do so on a daily basis are often catered to, at taxpayer expense, and even granted complete immunity from prosecution by "executive order" while law abiding citizens such as ourselves are held to the highest legal standard. IMO this is a perfect example of just how inept and dysfunctional our government truly is. Allowing the government to have this much control and involvement in the most personal and private aspects of our lives is the most difficult and troubling experience I have ever been forced to deal with, in fact I have always intently focused on keeping the government completely out of my life, most especially my personal life. I'm not afraid to clearly state that I deeply resent the way the "system" operates in regard to legal immigration and especially something as important, private and essential as the true love and marriage between two people whom just happen to be from seperate countries. [End Rant]

I have tried very hard to make the best possible choices based on the very limited amount of info and opportunity at hand. My greatest concern and my most pressing interest is and will always be, doing what is best for my fiancee' and future wife. Damn the system and damn the nay sayers, I will always place her best interest above all others and all things! For us, being together has always been, and will always be, the number one priority. One way or another, We Will Prevail.

Regarding CFO and the medical exam, I am flying my fiancee' and her mother to Manila tomorrow (Sunday Oct. 21 Manila time) She will complete her exam by or before Tuesday October 23 well ahead of of interview date on Nov. 9th. and then return home on the 24th. I will then fly her back to Manila on Nov. 5th and we will meet at the hotel upon my arrival from the US that same day. (again you can see the logistics and expense involved) We may in fact opt to fly back to Davao while waiting instead of staying in Manila because as you correctly stated, the cost of a hotel is about the same either way. (it may even be cheaper in Davao) but again that involves considerable expense. ( a total of 3 seperate roundtrip flights to and from Manila equalling about $900.00 USD) That's a Grand that we could better use toward our soon coming wedding. Unfortunately, staying at her family home is really not an option. I must admit that I'd really rather stay in Davao for many reasons, but the cost of airtravel is most likely prohibitive. We would both prefer to have the time to "say our goodbyes" and give us both some final time with her family but, the added expense will likely be unjustifiable all things considered. We've had nearly two years to prepare for this time of parting from her family and the Philippines, so all involved are already prepared to say goodbye when she leaves for the interview in Manila.

As most here on VJ already well know, these are just a few examples of just how difficult, costly and emotionally draining this process really is for everyone involved. I commend and applaud everyone who pursues this most difficult and trying endeavor!

"We Are The Art"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had my fiancee's interview/approval on September 10 2012 and her Visa was ready for pickup September 14 2012 @ SM Centerpoint. We were fortunate in not getting any delays. From my understanding when I spoke to the 2Go Manager at the location, The USEM delivers to their main station directly by 4pm, then the visa are distributed the following day at least within Metro Manila by 4pm as well.

As far as when to purchase your ticket, your within the off-peak season so obtaining a cheap flight after approval shouldn't be too much of a hassle. We purchased my fiancee's ticket the day after our approval at the cheapest price US Airlines offered($679), then we went to the ticketing office in Makati and changed her flight date(9/24/2012) to my original departure date(9/26/2012) for $75.

Timeline

We had my fiancee's interview/approval on September 10 2012 and her Visa was ready for pickup September 14 2012 @ SM Centerpoint. We were fortunate in not getting any delays. From my understanding when I spoke to the 2Go Manager at the location, The USEM delivers to their main station directly by 4pm, then the visa are distributed the following day at least within Metro Manila by 4pm as well.

As far as when to purchase your ticket, your within the off-peak season so obtaining a cheap flight after approval shouldn't be too much of a hassle. We purchased my fiancee's ticket the day after our approval at the cheapest price US Airlines offered($679), then we went to the ticketing office in Makati and changed her flight date(9/24/2012) to my original departure date(9/26/2012) for $75.

Many thanks for the useful info! :thumbs:

"We Are The Art"

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My hubby lives in the province but he chose to pick-up his visa at SM MOA. It is better to choose a location which is in the mall because they close late like SM MOA 2Go branch closes at 10pm so you have time to travel esp if you're coming from the province. My hubby called US embassy 3 days after interview to check regarding his visa status and they said the visa has been printed already on day 2 so he called 2GO and they said it is ready for pick-up... He got his visa 3 days after the interview. His interview was Tuesday Oct 23, 2012 and he got it Fri October 26, 2012. Typing MNL or UID in 2Go tracking is not always reliable. Try to ask for the control # from 2GO customer service rep. Also, their text feature is not always consistent. Good luck to all of you waiting for visas! :)

Timeline

My hubby lives in the province but he chose to pick-up his visa at SM MOA. It is better to choose a location which is in the mall because they close late like SM MOA 2Go branch closes at 10pm so you have time to travel esp if you're coming from the province. My hubby called US embassy 3 days after interview to check regarding his visa status and they said the visa has been printed already on day 2 so he called 2GO and they said it is ready for pick-up... He got his visa 3 days after the interview. His interview was Tuesday Oct 23, 2012 and he got it Fri October 26, 2012. Typing MNL or UID in 2Go tracking is not always reliable. Try to ask for the control # from 2GO customer service rep. Also, their text feature is not always consistent. Good luck to all of you waiting for visas! :)

Congratulations on your speedy visa delivery and many thanks for the invaluable info! :thumbs:

"We Are The Art"

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife's parents had the interview on Friday October 19th and picked up the visas at 2go Mall Of Asia on Tuesday. We also purchased plane tickets in advance for Nov 5th. Mall of Asia 2go was recommended by the embassy when my wife's parents asked what location is best. They are staying in Taguig and had closer locations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.